08. Ignore

Ever felt like a living, breathing kitten?

Preeta did. Preeta is.

She is feeling exactly the same like a small, cute, scared kitten.

As his calculative eyes rakes down her body, she couldn't help but squirm in fear.

"Ye ru kya keh rhi h?" He asked, his voice cold.

Preeta gulped, but the guts or whatsoever it is inside her body, didn't let her react that way. Instead, she gave him a deadpanned look.

"Yahi ki mera boyfriend tha!" She said casually.

Karan's eyes widened a bit as he didn't expected her to say that this casually. This girl is definitely on a mission to prove him wrong on each and every assumption he made for her.

"Tumhara boyfriend tha!?" He asked, emphasizing the word boyfriend.

Preeta nodded casually, again.

"Ha to, tumhe kya?Why do you care?" Preeta said.

Karan looked at Preeta with wide eyes and glare her for a moment before looking away.

Preeta looked at Karan, he was looking down, his eyes burning with some indescribable fire, like he is a second away from burning the world down.

But he blinked the next second and took a deep breath, which literally calmed him and with that calm composure, he said,

"Yep that's right. I don't care!"

•••

6:58 am.

Karan walked out of the walk-in closet, ready for the day.

Whole night went on thinking just one thing, Why did he acted impulsive yesterday listening she had a boyfriend.

He would definitely have had losed his temper if he hadn't controlled himself in the nick of time.

But the question which kept on swirling in his mind was why did he even have to lose his temper?

Why does it matter to him if she have one boyfriend or one hundred boyfriends. He shouldn't care.

She is that very girl who took the only right that he had saved for himself. She had taken from him the right of choosing a life partner for himself, a life partner of his will.

Then why is he caring about all this.

"I don't care. I don't care. I don't care." He kept on chanting like a mantra.

He walked downstairs with his laptop and placed the gadget over the table of the lounge and himself decided to grab a coffee because his day starts and ends on coffee. Coffee is his saviour from a bad day, his power booster and his happy drink.

As soon as he stepped inside the kitchen, he came face to face with the person whom he was wishing least to see.

Preeta.

He stopped in his tracks as he looked at her, preparing coffee for herself.

She was ready too, In a simple blue jeans, white top and a printed shrug over it. Like day before yesterday, there was no sign of vermilion and nuptial chain.

Karan cleared his throat, grabbing her attention and she looked at him for a brief second before focusing again on the work she was doing.

Karan scoffed and walked towards the kitchen counter and grabbed his mug. He went near her to take the jug of milk when she forwarded a mug of coffee.