🐉 𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍🐉

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢

Love is something I cannot have.

Ban blinked at her, his brows raising as to why a supreme deity like her would ask him a question about love.

"I can't really talk for everyone but for me..." He trailed off, getting his thoughts together so he can answer him. It going quiet for a couple of moments before he looked back up at her, an answer in mind.

"Love to me feels like the desirable greed I have can be fulfilled by one person."

Ryoko nodded and took a lock of her bright red hair into her fingers to twist it around her fingers.

"Is that how you feel towards your lover? Hm? What was her name..? ..Elaine was it?"

"Yeah, Elaine completes me." Ban sighed, laying back to lay against the bed. He put his arms behind his head and stared up at the ceiling.

"Why are ya asking me about love anyway?"

He let his curiosity get the best of him and questioned her. He hoped that didn't set her off and waited to hear her response.

"Love is something I cannot have."

"..."

Ban blinked not expecting a response like that, and it made him wonder. Love is an emotion that can be found in anyone, so why did she deem that she can't have love?

"What makes you say that?"

Ryoko frowned, shifting her eyes towards the window and Ban found himself not liking the frown on her beautiful face.

"..I have sinned greatly and for that I do not deserve to have love."

"What did you do?" Ban couldn't but help to ask and Ryoko sighed looking back over at him. "The truth of my sin deals with a heavy price." She said before smiling lightly at him.

"That's enough about me. Come."

Ryoko stood up from the bed and headed towards the door. Ban clicked his tongue in slight annoyance as she didn't answer his question but followed her out the door.

🐉

"Why are we back here?" Ban questioned once he realized that he followed Ryoko to the spot in the forest where she fought at.

"I need clues on where that boy went." Ryoko informed as her eyes looked around the burnt and cut up trees. As she trekked around the area, her heightened sense of smell quickly picked up a horrible scent.

Furrowing her brows, she followed the scent to the source and hummed when seeing what was causing the smell. The smell belonged the boy whose arm she cut off and it was rotting as maggots and flies clung to the limb.

"That shit looks and smells gross." Ban huffed scrunching up his face in disgust as the horrible smell was pungent from how close they were to the source.

Ryoko hummed once more before raising her hand twisting her fingers in a weird way as a red glow engulfed her hand. Soon the red glow engulfed the rotting limb.

"..What are you doing?"

"Tracking my target down and since I used my sword to cut his arm off, the wound will have a small trace of my magic." Ryoko explained as the red glow expanded and the limb levitated off the ground, slowly turning around in a circle.

When it stopped moving, it seemed to be pointing towards something as this long reddish orange arrow was connected to it, that leaded past the trees. Ryoko released her magic causing the limb to fall back on the ground and for the arrow to disappear.

"Let's go back Ban, I know where he went."

She faced him with a unreadable expression on her face and he furrowed his brows at seeing this.

It didn't look right, he preferred her smile instead.

"And where's that?"

Ryoko said nothing as she stared at him and after a couple of seconds she walked past him, her long red hair trailing behind her.

"North."

"..North?"

"Mhm yes, would that information be valuable to your captain?" Ryoko asked Ban, who was now walking besides her with his hands behind his head.

"It should be." He answered and with that the rest of their walk back to the tavern was quiet. The walk was peaceful, both of them enjoying the silence between them and soon the tavern came into view.

Upon entering the tavern, Ryoko saw the all the sins were present and it look like they were discussing something.

"Oh! You're finally back!" Meliodas hopped off the stool he was sitting on and approached the two with his normal happy-go-lucky smile.

"Where'd did you guys run off too?" He asked, his eyes briefly watching at Ban who went to sit down before looking back at Ryoko who stood in front of him. She frowned lightly at him as she grabbed a lock of her red hair and sighed.

"I went back for clues to find out where the boy went and.. I found him."

Meliodas's smile dropped into a thin line at hearing this as his facial expression turned serious.

"Where?"

"North is where he went."

"...North isn't far from here. We can leave later tonight, if you want Lady Ryoko." Meliodas spoke up after a couple moments as he ran a hand through his hair.

"Yes we can, but how long will it take?" Ryoko asked since she agreed with his suggestion and went to go sit down as she was getting tired of standing.

"It'll take a week." He answered as he too went to go sit back on the stool he was previously sitting on.

"Excellent but I have a favor to ask.. can you tell me what is the true goal of you and your team's mission? In detail?"

'I must know if their mission will get in my way of killing that boy...'

◤◢◣◥◤ ◢◣◆◢◣◥◤◢◣◥

🐉THE END🐉

◣◥◤◢◣ ◥◤◆◥◤◢◣◥◤◢

Author's note~ I worked up the energy to get this chapter out so I hope y'all enjoyed it, writer's block has been beating my ass😭 Hopefully the next chapter won't take too long lol! Enjoy y'all day!🫶🏾