𝟏𝟖, almost

XVIII. 1919

    "Wakey, wakey sister." John shook her shoulders. It was morning and she did not appreciate being woken up in such a rude way.

"Give me a minute to wake up." Vivian muttered but he didn't give her a minute as he poured a glass of water over her. She shrieked causing the young daughter to break out in giggles, "Prick."

The sound of chatter came from the kitchen,"Why're you in my house?" John smirked, at her tired state.

"Let me get up first, Jesus not even a 'Good morning Vivian, good to see you're alright'." she remarked. He poured her a glass of whiskey, handing it to her, "coppers were after Tom and they checked the den. Didn't want to go back there with Finn with no one home."

"Did no one come to yours?" She looked around noticed the usually mess, but no break in.

"Finn mentioned. Were you home when they searched the place?" John asked, sitting where Finn once slept. And Vivian sat her as Annie made up way over to her aunt.

"Yeah, why'd they go to the den at all?" Annie played with Vivian messy locks, pulling on the knots. Vivian tried to pry her hands away but Annie kept bring her hands back.

"Not sure. Heard it was called off. Lucky Tom, eh?" John smiled at his sister and daughter.

"Vivian!" Katie exclaimed, "You're awake. God you slept forever." She hugged Vivian, hovering over Annie.

"Well come on for breakfast." John got up, "and next time you stay over, stay out of the whiskey."

"Your dad needs to learn to share." Vivian told the girls.

Vivian ate quickly and tidied herself up, leaving the family to their usual chaotic morning routine. She wandered down the streets of Small Heath, kicking rocks. It was early in the morning, the market wasn't even open yet.

It was found out that the search for Thomas Shelby was called of. Not long before she entered the Garrison last night. He didn't make it home, so she assumed he spent the night Grace. She wasn't mad at him for not listening to her, he was already falling in love and she couldn't stand to watch his heart get broken again.

Despite the fact that she only twelve and didn't know what love was — she probably wasn't too sure what love was at seventeen either —, she knew the love Tommy held for Greta Jurossi was true. It broke him and the family watched as he pushed them away.

She, and the rest of the family, couldn't handle a heartbroken Tommy. She hoped it would end on terms that wouldn't leave Tommy feeling betrayed, if that was even possible.

The house was empty again when she checked in earlier although the betting den was buzzing. Finn was out with his friends and nephew and nieces that were his age.

"Hello" Vivian sang through the gym. She couldn't find Ryan, Scott, Isaiah, Janet, Arthur, Tom or Pol — everyone seemed to disappear. She gave up trying to find her friends and hoped to find Arthur.

"Arthur?" She had checked everywhere and was beginning to think they all left Birmingham without her. "Fuckin' hell." She swore under her breath. The gym was dead silent — well almost dead silent. As she made her way through past the beams, she heard quiet mumbling, but couldn't depict who it was. She hoped it was her brother.