Chapter 39: Assassin shows Mercy?

((Note: After this, I will be on a 6 months hiatus for this story. Then I will continue this rest of season 1. Let's do this!))

No POV

Malty: HE DIDN'T!

Khiry then let go of her hair.

Motoyasu: N-No way! That can't be right! 

Mirellia: Then, Spear Hero, would you like to form a slave pact with Malty yourself?

Motoyasu: F-Fine! I'll prove Myne's innocence!

The person then made a slave crest for Motoyasu on Malty.

Khiry: No matter who owns her, she still gonna lie.

Motoyasu: Okay, Myne. That night, you were assaulted by Naofumi & came to me for help, right? Right!

Malty then looked at Khiry as if she is seeing a scary demon.

Malty: No! it is all a lie!

Motoyasu is shocked.

Village: What? She was lying? We should have known. She went that far to frame the Shield Hero?

Mirellia: Hopefully you understand now. Despite being royalty, they used the dirtiest of tricks, tried to eliminate those who opposed them, instead of doing what was best for the nation, & sought to obtain power for purely selfish reasons.

Malty: N-No... I...

The slave crest activated.

Aultray: Perhaps my actions were unbecoming of royalty. But I did it for the sake of my beloved country & family! That is why I tried to get rid of the Shield! The Shield is the devil!

There was silence until Khiry grab Aultray's head & slam it on the stand so hard, the forehead of his skull cracked. He screams in agonizing pain as Khiry pulls close to him.

Khiry: DOES THAT LOOK LIKE THE SAME SHIELD HERO THAT THREATENED YOUR FAMILY?! DOES IT?!

Aultray: N-No...

Khiry: YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL MY FRIEND! NOW I'M READY TO START AN ARGUMENT! KILLING SOMEONE ELSE, YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

Mirellia: I hereby hand down my verdict. I find Aultray Melromarc XXXII & Malty Melromarc guilty of high treason & conspiracy, & strip them from their status. & I sentenced them to death!

The king is shocked to hear that. 

Malty: N-No!

Melty: That's too much, your majesty!

Mirellia: These two were meant to protect our people, but instead wasted their time in a power struggle. Even after the Wave, they did nothing to help their subjects. Who knows how many people were hurt or killed because of them? That cannot be forgiven or forgotten! You must've seen it yourself, too.

Khiry: The sorrow & rage from so many people is still there.

Mirellia: Their execution will be carried out immediately. Send these sinners to their deaths in front of all our people!

Naofumi & Khiry then looked at each other as he then walked away. Inside the arena, there are two poles at the end where Aultray & Malty are being tied up while Khiry is on the other side.

Khiry POV

Mirellia: The criminals will be stabbed. Those who turn against the country & its people deserve death. Especially if they're royalty. We will prove it right here, right now.

The crowd is so angry at the two of them. They were being put a blindfold on. I am feeling sadness from my master.

Malty: Help! Help me, Motoyasu! Motoyasu!

I looked at Motoyasu as he turns away.

Me(Mind): Even he gave up on her.

I then see Mirellia raise her arm as I summon 8 normal daggers (4 in each hand). 

Malty: Help me!

I took a deep breath & throw the knives at them, only to miss their head.

Me: What is wrong with you people?! Is this what we are?! Killing them will not revive those who are dead or heal those who have been hurt. Their deaths will make us no different from them. We are better than that! If we continue, they will be escaping their problems here.

???: He's right!

I looked behind to see Naofumi walking close to me.

Naofumi: The slave crest didn't reacted. She's so thick-skinned, she even tried to beg a guy she tried to kill for her life, & mean it! With skin that thick, those knives wouldn't penetrate her!

Me(Mind): These knives will never be dull.

Naofumi: So, I have a proposal! The king will change his name to "Trash" & the first princess to "Bitch"!

I then went to Naofumi & tap his shoulder. He looked at me as I went to his ear.

Me: Would it be alright to call him "Trash Boat" instead of "Trash"?

Naofumi: Very well. The king will now be called "Trash Boat"! You'll live the rest of your lives under those names. If you don't like that, you're free to die right now.

Mirellia: By the way, Malty goes by "Myne" as an adventure. What about that?

Naofumi: Then Bitch's adventure name can be "Slut." Are you ok with that Assassin?

Me: "Whore" would be more appropriate. Although, I am ok with that. But I do have one request.

Mirellia: What is your request?

Me: I want Trash Boat & Bitch to get down on their knees... No, Naofumi. I'm not going to poison you. I like their heads to the ground & beg the Shield Hero to save their world! If they still have royal pride, they will use it of their own will!

I then see them struggling to even accept this request, but they are getting down on their knees & put their heads down.

Trash Boat & Slut: P-Please... Forgive our transgressions, & save this country & this world... Shield Hero!

The crowds are cheering as I then walked back into the hall.

No POV

Khiry is waiting on the bridge as Naofumi, Raphtalia, & Filo passed by him. Naofumi then stop & looked at Khiry, knowing he would always be by his side.

((DONE! I KNOW THIS CHAPTER IS SHORT, BUT I AM GLAD TO TAKE A BREAK FROM THIS STORY. I WILL RETURN AT THE BEGINNING OF 2024 TO FINISH SEASON 1 & DO SEASON 2. THANK YOU ALL FOR READING. UNTIL THEN, STAY SHOCKING!!))