Chapter 18: Assassin's Past

((Note: Well, the dream is revealed as a memory of the past that makes him curious. Let's do this!))

No one POV

Khiry, Mordred, Astolfo, & Atalanta got back on Blaze as she then take flight. Khiry then guides her to find this world spot to catch some sole. Khiry then summon the water spirit as she then looked & found a spot. She then point to it as Khiry then nodded.

Khiry: Blaze, set us near land, please.

Blaze then sees the land as she then safe land. As we are getting off, Khiry then petted Blaze on her beak as he then unlocked Water imprisonment under Hydrokinetic Construct. The group then looks at the ocean. The water woman then went into the ocean as the group then sit down & wait.

Mordred: I will not take it easy.

Khiry: It is true, but when can we have a day off with those three runnings amok? I know that it is a bit too much to ask, but we deserve one & what better time than now?

Atalanta: True. How about we hunt some more rabbit & other meats? 

Khiry: Sure. I want to try a lot more of these meals.

Astolfo: Hey, Khiry.

Khiry: Hmm?

Astolfo: Is it okay for us to hear about your past?

Khiry did nothing, but to hide his eyes under his hood as they then felt some type of sadness.

Astolfo: It's okay. You don't need to tell us.

Khiry: Well... It would be fair to tell you since I have known your history. 

Khiry then takes a deep breath & lets it out.

Khiry: My past... Growing up with one parent... does have a couple of problems for me. When I was born, I have never known my mother. The only time I believe to saw her is when I was an infant. I have a dad that works, but every time I asked to have fun with him, he has been neglecting me. I thought he doesn't like me, but when I was 5 years old, I didn't have a birthday party, but I did get an N64 & Game boy Color.

Astolfo: What is an N64 & Game Boy Color?

Khiry: A video game system?

Mordred: What's that?

Khiry is now silent as he then thinks about the right description.

Khiry: Um, has anyone of you seen television before?

Mordred, Astolfo, Atalanta: No.

Khiry: Well, it is hard to explain it now, so ill skip that, ok?

Mordred, Astolfo, & Atalanta: Okay.

Khiry: Thank you. Anyway, I then got my first game called The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time for the N64 & Pokemon Red for the Game Boy Color. That made me fall in love with RPGs.

Astolfo: When did you learn to love fighting games?

Khiry: I think it was when I got a game called Super Smash Bros. Sadly, I didn't grow up with getting a lot of friends in school. I kinda stay to myself, even in group projects. I do get good grades, but he doesn't show any love. However, when I was 16 years old, I got my pen pal during school.

Mordred: Naofumi.

Khiry: Yeah. At the same time, I learned that my father just developed leukemia.

Atalanta: That sounds very bad, isn't it?

Khiry: It is cancer of the blood cells. So, yeah. One day, I was coming home, after mailing Naofumi about this mangas, I went home to find my dad sitting in the chair. He then look at me, & as I started walking to my room, he hugged me from behind. He asked me, that he was a bad father. He wasn't. He was just too busy with work. So, we did a lot of father/son activities together, like fishing, going to ball games, even camping. Each month pass, he has experienced some symptoms, like fever, losing weight, bone hurting. I scheduled an appointment for him to see the doctor. The doctor told me that he got leukemia. I was shocked & devastated. They told me since it was an early stage, the doctor said he has 5 years, but the cancer is spreading at a faster rate. He then told me that he only has one regret & that he wants to see me graduate before he kicks the bucket. So, two years have passed, he sees me graduate from high school. Well, I did use the money I've been saving to visit Naofumi with my dad, but... my dad went hospitalized. I visit him every day. He is fighting a losing battle. On the last day, I see him, he then notion me close and told me the reason he neglected me is to assure me a good future. He always told that when he was young, he always live by his motto: "Always focus on the present to create a better future." Those were his last words before he went to sleep...permanently.