Intermission Chapter 1: An Updated Look

I said my goodbyes to the Boys before leaving the haven to keep my promise to the Forgotten. I don't have the slightest idea how long I will be gone. But Hughie's got my number in case they need my help. With that said, I was gone in smoke.

When I entered the command room, I noticed it was empty. I slowly approached the door and heard my teammates and all the members we gathered on the opposite side. I took a deep breath and slowly sighed. I knew the other Harbingers sensed my presence, but so far, they didn't notice the others of my return. They want this to be a surprise as much as I do.

I slowly turned the knob and made my presence known. The members were quick to turn their heads. They were silent and respectful, and they knew the day had come. All that preparation and planning had come down to this. I could sense the anxiety in the crowd as I walked. I couldn't blame them for feeling this way. Who wouldn't, knowing what we were about to do?

When I reached the center, I saw the pillars of our faction. Elena, Gera, Wilhelm, Johnathon, and Tecka, all of whom were the first. We were just a small group when we started. Now look where we are; an underground army about to kick down the doors on one of the Syndicate's most significant operations in Europe and, hopefully, bag ourselves a member of the Black Council.

I could see the Harbingers to my right, all eager to do their part in a worthy cause. I could see that Mat wasn't among them. I guess he was still searching for answers in the shadows.

"It's time." I told everyone.

"Damn right, it is!" Wilhelm proclaims.

"Gera?" I call to her, eager to see the surprise.

"Your new suit's in your room." Gera explained. "Enjoy the present." She says gleefully.

I quickly ran back to the command room, almost like a child on Christmas Day, running down the stairs to open their presents from Santa. I entered my room and saw the box on my bed. There was a note on top of it.

'To Gerald. Signed, the Forgotten.'

I could see the various names on the back of the paper. I smiled, happy to be part of this little club of ours. I opened the box and pulled out my new suit. It was completely different from my old one that was stitched together, and this new suit completely outclassed it in many ways.

The suit's jacket, shirt, and other qualities were improved on a scale I never thought was possible for Gera. I quickly put it on and grabbed the mask from the box.

I held it up for a closer look, and it was rough to the touch. It was large enough to cover my entire face and had a look that would terrify the Syndicate.

I eagerly put it on and walked out. The members murmured in surprise at my transformation and slowly backed away as I walked, and I could sense their fear of me. Though they were aware I wouldn't harm them, I honestly would be afraid myself if someone wore stuff like this.

Wilhelm whistled and was impressed by Gera's handiwork. "Now that's what I call a costume!"

"How long did you work on this?" I asked her. The mask muffled my voice.

"Too long. That mask wasn't easy to find, either." She explained, proud of her work.

"Why do I get the feeling this costume wasn't the only thing you were working on?"

"Well. . . I was privileged to design uniforms for everyone when I got my hands on enough cloth and fabrics. Nowhere close to being done, but I think everyone will like it." She says excitedly.

"Oh no, I am NOT wearing whatever she's got cooked up! Count me out!" Snow yells.

"Better let the Harbingers stick to what they're wearing." I told her.

Gera only shrugged her shoulders at Snow's outburst. Guess everyone's been busy bees preparing for what's to come since I've been gone.

I took off the mask so everyone could hear me clearly.

"All of you, listen up." I started. "Everything we've done. Everything we've planned has led us to this moment. Once we cross the Balkans, there's no turning back from there. This won't be a raid; this will be a battle. When we succeed, not if, WHEN, the Syndicate will realize we are more than just a group of vigilantes, a group of ragtag humans and Supes, but something more. They already know our name and spit on it with arrogance, thinking no one will touch them. That changes today! We are the Forgotten!! Who's ready to make history?!!"

The crowd roared with fury, and I could hear the screams of the other floors below us. I could barely hear myself think with the noise.

"Get everyone ready. We move in 3 minutes." I ordered my companions.

"Leave it to us, Harbinger." Elena says while smiling.

I teleported to the top of a random building in the city. I overlooked the city and lowered my head. This battle is destined to change everything the Syndicate thinks about us. It's time for us to make history.

(Harbinger's new suit)