Chapter 14

I'm standing in darkness. "Why do you do this to me? Give me nightmares?!" I scream. No answer. "Voice? Oh come on, you keep me here- at least say something. Nevermind don't." I say. "Olivia!" Someone yells. I see a faded image of Grover. "Grover!" I say. "Help me!" He shouts. "What? How do you need help?" I ask. Grover disappears. Someone laughs. "Your satyr friend has been taken by me. You have one day. I'll let him live if you bring the prize to me." The voice says. "No!" I shout. "Grover!" I scream. Silence. "Grover, where are you?! Grover!" I scream again. No answer. Then the scene switched. I'm at Camp Half-Blood. "We can't find her!" Clarisse says. "Clarisse! I'm right here." I say. She can't hear me. "We'll have to keep looking." Chiron says. "What if something happened to her?" Clarisse says. "I'm sure she's okay. Just you should go rest. You haven't gotten much sleep." Chiron says. She nods and runs off. I scream. Grover's been taken and Clarisse hasn't gotten much sleep, and it's all my fault.

      I wake up screaming. I sit up quickly. Annabeth, Nina, and Percy all stand around me. Someone was shaking me. "I'm so sorry." I say. "For what?" Percy says. "I keep screaming." I say. "That's not your fault. You have nightmares and stuff. I would scream too." Nina says. Percy and Annabeth nod. I hug them all. Then I remember my dream. I start packing everything up. "Why are you in such a rush?" Annabeth asks, but starts helping me. "One day. To find the prize. Save people. And.. Grover. Grover's in trouble! I don't know who is the Voice or whatever but they've taken Grover!" I say. Percy's calm face turns worried. He start helping really quickly too. "Who's Grover?" Nina asks. "Satyr, my protector, my.. best friend. We have to save him!" I say.

      Percy carries the bag. We all walk out. "So now what are we doing? Looking for him? Or the Prize?" Nina asks. "Grover." I say. Then I think about it. "The Prize." I say. Then I start thinking. "We have to save him!" I say. I start running. I act stupid and start yelling, "Grover!" Like he can actually hear me or answer. "Olivia, stop." Percy catches my arm. "But Grover.. I have to find him." I say. "We will." He says. "But.." I begin. "We will, Olivia. I promise." Percy says. I hug him. "We can't lose our best friend." I say. "I know. We won't." He says. Annabeth and Nina catch up to us. "Okay.. so," I begin. "I think we've decided we have to look for Grover and along the way figure out what the Prize is. We can't go looking for something we don't know what it is." I say. Percy nods. He takes my hand. "And we will find him." He says.

      We look and look. "Could the prize be that trash can?" Nina asks. "Why would it be a stinky trash can?" Percy asks. "Ugh! My bestie gets it, don't you, Olivia? We hid in gold trash cans to get away from the security and military school or whatever that place was called." Nina says. "True." I say. "Why were you in that place? And why were you running from security?" Annabeth asks. "We were sent their by our parents. And we blew up a cabin, poked a security guard with a stick, broke some plates, just started singing in lunch and everyone joined in- when it wasn't even singing time, climbed over the gate, and got out." I say. "And don't forget-" Nina begins. "You blew up a cabin?" Percy asks. "Nobody was in it. And it was an accident." She says, though she's smiling. Of course she's lying about the accident part. "Who hasn't blown up something before? I mean, really." I say. Percy laughs.

      We look more. I try to think about the Prize, but my goes back to Grover. He's my best friend. I keep remembering how panicked he was in the dream. When he shouted, "Help me!" Nothing could make me sadder than seeing him like that. Scared and captured- and it's all my fault. He was looking for me and by doing that he got captured by that stupid voice guy. I wish he would walk out of an alley or a door, completely fine. Run around and play music like he had one day I was there. Be that awesome friend. I could run up to him and hug him and Percy, Grover, and I could go to Camp Half-Blood with Annabeth and Nina and all forget this happened. I even wish Grover could be here to say, "I knew you'd like each other." I wish he could be here to laugh and comfort me. I'd be the happiest girl in the world, but in reality he's captured and in trouble.

      I'm not paying attention and Percy says, "Olivia, watch out." Then I run into a trash can and I fall. "Man." I say. "Didn't you see it?" Nina asks. Percy helps me up. "No. I wasn't seeing, I was thinking." I say. "About the trash can?" Nina asks. "Grover." I roll my eyes. "Why are you so worried, again?" Nina asks. "He's my best friend, and he got taken by that voice dude because of me." I say. "He's gonna be okay." Percy says. "I know-" I begin, but then I hear noises. We turn around, slowly. A few dracaenae slither around, not noticing us. We hide in an alley. I see something by a door. I tiptoe over to it. It's a bow and a quiver of arrows. Perfect. I grab them. "Get down behind the trash can. I got this." I say. They hesitate and then duck behind the trash can. I jump up and grab a ladder to a fire escape thing for a building. I climb up and stand up. The monsters slither in the alley. "Olivia Trane." One hisses. "Up here, you ugly hag!" I shout. They glare at me. One throws their knife at me. I fix the arrow in the bow and let it fly. It hits one of them and she bursts into yellow dust.

      It's friend hisses. "Aw, all lonely now, aren't you?" I say. I step on the railing and do a flip off of it. I turn my ring into a sword as I land on the ground. The dracaenae lunges at me. She takes out her knife and swings. She cuts my hand and then I stab her in just the right place. She turns into yellow dust just like her friend. Percy jumps up. I put my ring back on. "You're good with a bow too?" He asks. "Nina and I snuck into a bow and arrow lesson one time. We got kicked out after a little while, but I still learned a bit." I say. "I accidentally shot a squirrel." Nina says. "That poor squirrel got an arrow through his side and then the arrow got stuck in the tree." Nina frowns. I laugh. We go out of the alley. "Look, a gold trash can!" Nina says. She looks around and then picks it up and dumps it out and starts dragging it. "The voice doesn't want that." I say. "Yeah, but if we sell this, we'll be rich!" She says.

      It starts getting later. No Grover. No prize. Just me, Percy, Nina, Annabeth, and a gold trash can. "There's... your-" Nina says. I lift up the gold trash can lid. I push up on the handles and hop in. It's surprisingly clean. "Hey!" My dad yells. They put the lid on the trash can. "Mr. Trane." Nina says. "You're supposed to be dead." He growls. "Am I? I'm not the 102 year old in this conversation." She says. I hear some noises. "Hey!" Annabeth says. "What's in the trash can?" Dad asks. "Trash, personal items." Nina answers. A hand hits the trash can. "It stinks in there." She says. "It's you.. that boy that kidnapped my daughter!" He shouts. My dad changes the subject a lot. "I'm her boyfriend." Percy says. "Where is she?" Dad asks. "She's in the trash can!" My dad exclaims. I know what happens next. I hop up out of the trash can and take the hit from my dad that was meant for Percy.

      "Look what you did!" My dad shouts. I see my dad. Then Percy punches my dad. Nina gets me out the trash can. "Olivia, Olivia. Are you okay?" She asks. My dad hits Percy. My dad turns towards me. "No!" Annabeth screams and jumps on his back. "I'm okay." I tell Nina. She gets the lid and puts it on her trash can like nothing's happening. "Annabeth." I say. She jumps off his back and trips him. "Let's go!" Annabeth says. Nina grabs her trash can as we all run to a new alley. We settle down behind a trash can. Annabeth and Nina go to sleep. "I'll be rich." Nina says, in her sleep. "I'm sorry." Percy says. "For what?" I ask. "You took that hit for me." He says. "You got hit too." I say. "But, I'm fine." He says. "I'm fine too." I say. He hugs me. "You're great." He says. "You're not so bad yourself, Percy Jackson." I say. He smiles and I go to sleep.