Chapter 2

I wake up and put up my blonde hair in a pony-tail. I have blonde hair and grey eyes. I guess I would look like Annabeth. But Annabeth seems like she's been through a lot more than I have. She seems older though I know we're probably the same age. She seems more mature and stronger. "Here." Annabeth tosses me an orange shirt that says: Camp Half-Blood. Then she tosses me some shorts. I go to a bathroom and change. "Hello." Percy knocks on the wall. "Breakfast time, come on." Annabeth says. Percy walks with me. We both walk behind my cabin. We go and eat breakfast. After breakfast I start walking alone. Then Annabeth comes up next to me.

      "Hey." I say. "Hello." She says. "This camp seems cool." I say. "Cool? It's about training a preparing and.." She starts getting angry. "Don't get mad. I'm new here. Sorry if I offended you or something." I say. "Just because you're new here doesn't mean I have to treat you any differently! Just because you're the new Athena camper doesn't mean you're that special! It doesn't mean you're powerful." She says. "What's your problem?" I ask. "You're the problem!" She shouts. "You just got here, and you ruined everything!" She yells. I get tears in my eyes and run off. I run for the big hill where I can leave back into New York where my dad lives. I'm not sure I want to go home though. All my life that's all I've come to think of myself: The problem that ruins everything.

      I'm crying a lot now as I get closer. "Olivia!" Percy yells. I don't stop. I get to the top of the hill and I stop. I can't go back. It's not like my dad will care about me. "Olivia!" Percy almost knocks me over. I sit down and start crying. "I saw your fight." He says. "I lost to Annabeth." I say. "Don't mind her, she can be grumpy." He says. Does Percy actually care? Maybe he's not that bad after all. "You care?" I ask. "Of course I care." He says. "Thanks." I say, and stop crying. "Let's go get you a sword." Percy smiles. We go pick me out a bronze sword. It fits perfectly in my hand and then I hit a button and it transforms into a little ring. I put it on. "Thanks, Percy." I say. He takes me through my activities. He helps me in sword-fighting. Annabeth stares at me, angrily. I laugh as Percy and I fight each other.

      "You're good." He says. "Thanks, you too." I say. Then dinner comes around. "Just don't worry about Annabeth." Percy tells me, putting his hand on my shoulder. "Thanks, Percy." I say. He smiles at me and I smile back. We get the food and stuff and I sit down at my cabin's table. Everyone at my table ignores me. I can hear my name a couple times. I'm being talked about by my siblings while I'm sitting next to them. I get angry so I get up and take my food over to the Poseidon table. I could get in serious trouble. Chiron doesn't seem to notice but the Athena cabin does. Annabeth stares at me with her mouth wide open. "Hi, Percy." I say. "Oh, hey Olivia." He smiles.

      "You could get in trouble, you know." He says. "Yeah, I know." I say. "Wow. Nobody's ever broken that rule before. Sitting at another cabin's table." He says. "I just did. Look, Percy. I need a friend. My siblings hate me. I haven't made any friends. And my dad doesn't care about me." I say. "I'm your friend." He says. "I guess we're best friends." I say. "Woo! Best friends." Percy dances while he eats for a second and then I laugh at him. "Percy Jackson. You know what, you're pretty cool." I say. We finish eating and Chiron didn't notice at all that I was sitting at Percy's table. Percy and I walk around after dinner and then he stops outside the Athena cabin. "This is my stop." I say. "Yeah." Percy says. He smiles and the moonlight makes Percy's eyes shine. I smile. Do I like Percy? I can't like him. Can I?

      "Ahem." Annabeth clears her throat making us look at her. "Almost time for lights out. You should get going, Seaweed Brain." Annabeth says. Percy smiles at me. "Good-night Olivia." He says. He walks off and looks back once and smiles again. I stare at him as he walks off. "Hurry up, Olivia. Don't want the harpies to eat you." She says, but something about her tone makes me think she would be perfectly fine with harpies eating me. "Yeah, thanks for the info." I say. I push past her and go to my bunk. I stare at the ceiling and then I go to sleep and dream about my best friend- Percy Jackson, son of Poseidon.