2 - Dex-2

He hears voices in his hands sometimes. It's not very often, but when it does happen. It's bad.

He doesn't know any of the people whispering to him. He hears a French woman the most.

"Wait a little longer." She tells him. The other voices speak gibberish.He's had this since he first was resurrected. Then it was all...downhill from there.

His name was Dex-2. He was a Warlock.

"Good morning." A Hunter passes by him as he tied his boots infront of his door.

He nods at him.

Reaching into his bag, he pulls out some headphones, with a strange device attached. It was called a Walkman, golden age tech.

As he presses play and puts on the headphones, the voices become suppressed.

He starts running down the hall of his complex, then outside. The sun shined dimly, it was winter, and the snow was prevalent.

As he jogs, he thinks about his life.

The lower districts of the Last City were quiet, that's why he moved here.

He doesn't go out on strikes or missions much anymore. He has a hard time getting along with most Guardians. He prefers the lone wolf route.

As he passes a familiar chapel, a weight in his heart grows heavier.

This is where Katya was buried.

He walks into the cemetery quietly, turning off his music.

Katya was his love, when he first was risen as a Guardian.

He looks down at her grave:

Katya Darin, Hunter

His heart weighs down more. It hurts.

"I miss you

"I miss you." He says to the grave.

"Leave this place." The voices speak up in his mind.

He didn't want to. He couldn't. Could he?

She died in his arms, and it should've been him in hers.

She raised him up when he first became a Guardian, and they were the perfect pair. She was his heart.

It makes him wonder. Why does God give us people we believe to be for us, only to take them away?

"Get away from it." The French voice yells at him.

He immediately obeys, walking away from the grave, feeling the need to do whatever the voice said.

She was different than the other voices.