8 - Eclipse

Dex!! Dex! Where are you?!" Pariah yells out for Dex. She doesn't receive an answer. The sand storm gets more and more fierce.

She summons Clank.

"Where's Dex? Where are we?!" She asks him.

His eye flickers.

"Somethings happening...to the Traveler..I can't see.."

"Please just focus. Where is Dex??"

"That way..."

Clank sets a waypoint on Pariah's hud in her helmet, and then, he falls over in the sand.

"Clank..wake up." She holds him in her hands.

Clank's eye is dull. But why?

She falls down into the sand, breaking down into tears. She's angry.

"Wake up!!" She yells at Clank. But he won't.

Dex looks up. He's at the Traveler's Cradle. Alone.

Pariah wasn't at his side, and a dust storm was brewing. It was always this way.

He had no Ghost. It died a long time ago. So he had no idea of the event far away, beyond Mars.

At the edge of the system, matter began to shatter like glass. It was being Cleansed.

Time itself, in this plain of existence, was being shattered. And the Traveler knew this.

Camille stands in her Flagship, the last in the fleet. The rest were...sucked away.

One of her Captains, named Frost, approaches her on the bridge.

"Ma'am. Our scouts confirm. This timeline is shattering."

Camille looks down at her hands, taking her gloves off to look at them.

"I thought we'd have more time."

"What of the two Guardians, Pariah and Dexter? Where are they?"

"I couldn't stop them. I don't know where they are."

The people of the Last City look up, and see the Traveler leaving. They don't panic. The Warlocks had warned of this.

Their Commander was missing, their greatest Hunter and his partner gone, what were they going to do?

"Ma'am. Can I be honest with you?" Frost asks Lady Ghost.

"Sure."

"Why have you been so aggressive to them?"