Chapter 1

Fawn's P.O.V
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"WAKE UP!!!" My sister screams while jumping on my bed.
"Go away." I groan.
"No. Today is the day we start packing things up to move." She says and lays on me.
I grab her waist and throw her off my bed. "Don't remind me. Get out. I want to go back to bed." I say and go back under my blankets. I feel a cold hand grab onto my ankle. "Get your vampire hands away from me." I groan.
She giggles and pulls me out of bed. "Get up or your not going to get a smoothie." She threatens.
"You wouldn't." I say shocked that she would threaten me with this.
"I would and so would mom." She says.
"Vivian, you can't do that to me. I'm older, you can't do anything to me." I huff happily. I grab my glasses and push them up on my nose.
"Not if mom makes you." She says and runs out of my room.
I jump up and start running. "Mom you can't do that. It's not yours to take away." I scream and jump on the banister and slide down the stairs. I get to the bottom of the stairs and see Vivian grinning evilly and mom reaching in the refrigerator. I run over and booty bump her out of my way. I grab my smoothie and run back to my room. "Suck it, Vivian." I yell and slam my door and lock it.
I sigh and sit on my bed and start to drink my smoothie. I hear a knock on my door. "Go away." I groan.
"Sweetie, you need to start putting your stuff in the boxes downstairs." I hear my dad's voice.
I walk up to the door. I open it and face him. "You know I have a theory." I say and take a gulp of my smoothie.
"And what is it this time my dear sweet child." He grins.
"If I don't pack up then we won't have to leave." I say triumphantly.
"Nope. Because you are going to pack up your things. Or let's be more real. Your books." He chuckles while looking at my library of books in my room.
"Only if I get the biggest room." I say. "For my books of course." I smile innocently.
"Sorry we gave you the second biggest. But you have the best view. For if you want to paint." He responds.
"Ugh. Whatever. I guess that will do. Is it at least big enough for all my books and more?" I ask halfhearted.
"Of course, sweetie." He says and kisses my head and walks downstairs.
I groan. I can't believe we are actually moving. I mean I know I don't have any friends here but, that's not going to change at the other place. I still think that dad only took the job because he thinks I could make friends over there. Which I won't. Vivian will of course. She was the head cheerleader, president of her class, in student council, and probably will be the valedictorian when she graduates. Even though she's younger then me by two years I already knew all this.
Me on the other hand was on the newspaper and did reviews for books. However I was the captain for the volleyball team. Still no one really wanted to be friends with me or talk to me other than to talk about volleyball. Except for Mrs. Hale she would tell me what books to read and give a review. Even she barely talked to me.
I put down my smoothie and grab a box and gently but carefully put my books in the boxes. After I'm done with that, which took about two and a half hours, I grab more boxes for my clothes. I finish up with that in about an hour. I get two more boxes for random things. In the whole it took about four hours.
I grab my smoothie and walk downstairs to see boxes everywhere. With names and like kitchen or living room. That's what I forgot. I grab a sharpie and walk back upstairs. I mark everything. All I do is mark books, Fawn's clothes, and Fawn's stuff. I finish and walk back downstairs.
"I'm done with my stuff." I tell dad.
"Me too." Vivian says.
"Alright I'll tell the movers to go get your boxes." He responds and walks out of the house.
I sit down on the bare floor and start drinking more of my smoothie. I see the movers go by me and look at me weirdly. I wonder why. I look down at my self. Oh my gosh. I'm still in my pj's. Ugh why didn't anyone tell me. I race upstairs and go to my room. They are about to pick my stuff up.
"Hold on." I say to stop them. They look at me confused. "Two things." I hold up two fingers. "I need my clothes so you'll have to get out for a second. And when you pick up the boxes labeled books. I really want you to be careful with them. Please."
The grunt out a yes and walk out. I shut the door and quickly open one of the boxes marked Fawn's clothes. I grab dolphin shorts and a cami. I quickly change. I let my hair fall down in their natural waves. I put my black converse on and walk out of the room.
"Alright, now you may proceed." I gesture to my room. I slide down the banister.
"You finally changed." Vivian states.
"Why didn't you tell me I was still in my pj's?" I huff at her.
"You never asked." She shrugs and grins.
"Why you little-" I start for her when someone pulls me back.
"Now Fawn, don't kill your sister before we get to the new house." Mom scolds.
"Fine. Hey where exactly are we moving to?" I ask
"Yeah. You never told us." Vivian butts in.
"It's a surprise." Mom smiles.
"I love surprises!" Vivian says at the same time I say "I hate surprises."
My mom laughs and walks outside. I follow her and get in the car. I put my headphones in and turn my music on and close my eyes.
Hopefully I'll wake up and we'll be there.