12

"You can't do it!" Kenneth Turner flew into Jason's office, who looked at him with raised eyebrows. "I can't do what?" he said flatly. The old man looked like he was going to have a heart attack at any moment. "You can't hand over the company to a three-month-old baby!" he yelled, slamming the folder he was carrying into Jason's desk.

Jason reached over, picked up the folder and opened it, giving the document a blank look. "Christina is my daughter and heir to Hex Corporation, I don't see why the fact that I transferred my shares to her name should bother you" Jason put the folder down and leaned back calmly. "You know very well why! Christina is your daughter, but you appointed Elena Vale as her representative" Jason smirked and sighed.

"And that's normal, my fiancee is her mother" replied Jason, as if he were explaining a math lesson to a child. "But that means your former assistant will have a voice on the board!" Kenneth yelled and Jason snorted. "Exactly" Jason confirmed and Kenneth roared, starting to pace back and forth.

By transferring some of his assets to Christina's name, Jason was adding another voice to the board of directors, blurring the previous equality in decision-making for the company. The fact that Elena represented Christina as her mother and guardian only added to the advantage. Jason did not lose the management post, because by law, he was also Christina's guardian. Thus, he and Elena had separate votes, sharing fifty-three percent of the company's shares and prevailed in decision-making. Separately, Jason's voice had not changed its weight as the owner of Hex Corporation either.

Now, if Kenneth Turner wanted Bianca to be appointed as his deputy, with three board members there would have to be a vote, and neither Jason nor Elena wanted Bianca to stay in the office. "It's a scam!" Kenneth glared at him and Jason raised an eyebrow. "It's perfectly legal, the difference is that I'm not hiding, Christina is my daughter, it's only logical that she owns some of my assets, just like Bianca owns some of yours" explained Jason calmly, standing up.

"But she's a baby!" croaked the old man and Jason shrugged. "That doesn't matter, now if you'll excuse me, my fiancee and daughter are expecting me for dinner" he grabbed his jacket from the back of the chair and headed for the door. "You're not going to get away with this, Hex" Kenneth growled menacingly and Jason stopped, turning to face him. "Let me give you a piece of advice, Turner" Jason tilted his head slightly, measuring the old man with a cool look.

"Elena is my future wife, Christina is my daughter, if you even lift a finger against one of them, you won't even know when you've hit rock bottom, am I clear?" Kenneth Turner gritted his teeth and puffed up like a balloon with anger, but he didn't answer, shaking with clenched fists. "Smart decision Turner, now excuse me" Jason left Kenneth Turner staring after him.

"Shouldn't you be resting?" Jason hugged Elena from behind and rested his chin on her shoulder. She slipped her hands over his and turned, kissing his cheek. "I'm not tired, besides Chrissy just ate and fell asleep" she rolled over in his arms and Jason pulled her close, kissing her hard. "So we have at least two hours?" he asked and Elena smirked, rubbing her nose against his.

"And what do you suggest we do during this time?" Elena asked devilishly. "To spoil my daughter's mother, to pick a date for our wedding, and to make sure Christina doesn't grow up lonely and selfish" Jason grabbed her ass and Elena jumped, wrapping her legs around his waist. "Are you sure you will have enough time to complete everything?" she joked and Jason strode to the nursery door, running his lips down her neck.

"I can guarantee at least two of the three" he stopped at the threshold and carefully, so as not to wake the baby, closed the door. "Which two?" Elena buried her fingers in his hair and Jason carried her to their bedroom. "Let's say mommy's pampering and maybe a little brother or sister for Christina to play with" Elena giggled and gasped as she sank into the soft mattress and Jason covered her, falling on top of her.