15

"You sat in my place, Bianca" Elena leaned over Christina's stroller and took her in her arms, looking at the surprised Bianca, who had settled into Jason's chair and was looking at her startled. "Leave it there, please" Elena pointed to the window and a man brought in a baby bassinet, starting to stretch it out by the panoramic window. "What the hell do you think you're doing, Vale?" Bianca barked hoarsely and Elena raised an eyebrow.

"I think I've told you once before that I'm 'Mrs. Hex' to you, but you obviously have memory problems,Bianca" Elena nodded gratefully to the man who assembled the bassinet in less than a minute and he walked out, leaving the two women alone . "You're not Mrs. Hex yet" Bianca hissed viciously but Elena ignored her, she carried Christina over to the bassinet and placed her in, then went back to her pram, got a blanket, a pillow and some toys and went back to the bassinet getting ready Christina to spend a day in it.

"If you're done, I have work to do, so I'm going to ask you to leave my office" Elena smiled at Christina, who was babbling to herself while lying down, busy nibbling on a trinket. "Your office?" Bianca blurted out in disbelief and Elena gave her an annoyed look. "Of course it's my office. In Jason's absence, I run not only Cristina's part, but his too" Elena took off her coat and hung it on the hanger by the door, turning again to Bianca who was stubbornly sitting behind the desk and she he was looking at her like he was trying to flay her alive.

"Besides, as far as I know you don't work here, what are you even doing in Jason's office?" Bianca smirked and crossed her arms over her chest, leaning back comfortably in the chair. "On the contrary, my father appointed me in the morning" Elena huffed and stood in front of the desk. "Your father has no right to hire anyone without Jason's permission, especially you, I didn't agree either, so get your poisonous ass off my chair or I'll call security" Bianca turned red with anger and malice.

"Who do you think you are, Vale?" Bianca asked, spitting out her name like spoiled food and Elena smiled. "For the current owner of fifty-three percent of Hex Corporation" Elena answered so sweetly that Bianca choked on her own saliva. "Now get off my chair!" snapped Elena icily and Bianca jumped to her feet with a snarl. "Do you really think it's going to be that easy for you, Vale?" Bianca walked around the desk and the two stood face to face.

"You can't run the company, besides, you have this over there" she casually pointed to the playpen. "Jason is in prison for fraud and is unlikely to be released anytime soon" Bianca continued. "You will have to face me and my father every day" Bianca reached out and patted an imaginary speck of dust from Elena's shoulder, who followed her hand blankly. "Before you know it, I will have ruined you, kicked you out of the company and Jason will be mine again" Bianca sneered and Elena sighed.

Elena tilted her head slightly, Bianca's smug face was crying out to be spanked. "Ah, well, now, if you'll excuse me, I have work to do" Elena tried to go around Bianca, but she stopped her by the arm. "You think you're strong and can beat me, don't you Miss Assistant?" Bianca's voice dropped to a stinging squeak. Elena looked down at her hand, grabbed her wrist and twisted it, Bianca whimpered and gave her a murderous look.

"Do you really think your daddy's money makes you strong, Bianca?" Elena mentally thanked for the even cool tone she had learned from Jason. "Do you think your father will walk on your ass and satisfy your every whim for life?" Bianca blinked and grunted, trying to break free from Elena's grip. "Let me explain one or two things to you, Bianca" Elena let go of her hand, walked around her, sat behind Jason's desk and looked up.

"Even Jason and I don't get married, which is going to happen whether or not they let him go" Elena smirked. "He will never come back to you because you disgust him. To Jason, there is no lower and more unwanted being than you, Bianca" Elena was enjoying Bianca's expression. "Even after a thousand lifetimes, Jason will never be yours, nor will your father lay a hand on his company, for I will not allow it" Elena leaned back and her face turned stony.

"And if you haven't figured it out by now" Elena crossed her legs and looked her up and down. "There's a huge difference between us, Bianca, I know what I'm doing, what I want and how to achieve it, while you? You're just a spoiled little girl who's been denied the doll she wanted and because she doesn't know what else to do but to thrash and cry because there was no one to teach her how to fight life, she is nothing and the moment you lose your father's support, you will not only be alone, you will disappear from the face of the earth , stuck in your own slop" Bianca almost jumped over the desk, reaching to punch Elena, but was stopped again.

"You're scaring my daughter, Bianca, and if you don't want me to embellish your fake face, I suggest you get the hell out of here!" Elena warned sharply, shoving Bianca's hand away so hard that she stumbled back and sat down heavily in the chair behind her. "You...you're crazy!" Bianca whimpered, looking at her with wide-eyed horror. "Oh" Elena raised her eyebrows mockingly. "Trust me honey, it's nothing, but when you reach into a hive of wasps, expect one to sting you, and now get out!" Elena growled and Bianca stood up, trying to look like she hadn't just been kicked into a corner.

"You will pay, Elena, for every insult!" Bianca hissed, but it was clear from her voice that she was no longer so sure of herself and felt threatened. "Yeah, yeah, I know, just like Jason's getting paid right now, right?" Bianca opened her mouth to answer, but wisely chose to remain silent and pursed her lips as she flew out of the office. Elena sighed, everything in her was shaking with anger and disgust.

She stood up, went to the crib and leaned against the partition, Christina looked up at her, the same dark chocolate eyes as her father and stared curiously at her mother, muttering something in her language. "Everything will be fine, honey, this time mom will save dad and he will be home soon" Elena smiled sadly and Christina seemed to feel her pain, her eyes flooded and her lips quivered. Elena bent down and took her in her arms, rocking her gently.

"It's okay Chrissy, I won't let these bad people hurt us anymore, I swear" she stroked Christina's soft hair and pressed her face to her cheek, looking out the window. She hadn't heard anything from Michael since yesterday, Jason had been in custody for more than a day, Evans had no luck with the prosecutor, who insisted that Jason not be released on bail.

The media kept trying to press Elena for comment, several of Jason's former investors had called her offering help, but she had declined, although she was grateful to them. Jason had asked her not to go to the detention center, because he didn't want Elena to see him behind bars, much less for her to take Christina there.

Her head was throbbing with the chaos in her mind. She had to come up with something before the 72 hours of pretrial detention were up and Jason was moved to jail, and she had to do her best to see him, whether he wanted to or not, just to make sure he was okay. . Christina rested on her shoulder and Elena carefully, so as not to wake her, put her back in her bassinet.

She sighed and went back behind the desk, sitting thoughtfully watching Christina sleep. She was certain that the documents incriminating Jason were Turner's work, but without evidence, her confidence was worthless. "Beatrice, can you come for a moment?" she called Jason's assistant over the intercom and looked at Christina again. "Miss Vale?" Beatrice opened the door immediately and her first reaction was to look at the sleeping Christina before turning her attention to Elena.

"Beatrice, I want to know when and what accounting documents were provided to Kenneth Turner and I want a copy of every single one of them, in addition, I deny Turner access to the finance and accounting department" she ordered and Beatrice smiled knowingly, nodding. "Also, would you call Timothy Evans, please?" she bit her lip, considering her idea. "Sure" Beatrice went out to do her assigned tasks and Elena sat back.