13

"God, what an angel!" as soon as the cart left the elevator, Elena stepped back with a big smile, leaving her daughter in the arms of Beatrice and the other women in the office. Although at first Elena did not get along with Jason, she was sociable and made friends easily, and there was almost no one in the office with whom she was not friends. Christina, for her part, watched curiously, with wide-open, almost black eyes like her father's, the new faces hanging over her, who were trying to make the four-month-old baby laugh in every way.

"I'm going to see Jason" Beatrice nodded and went back to trying to make Christina laugh, Elena looked at them for a few more minutes before heading to her fiancé's office. "Kitty" Jason pushed his chair back and patted his thigh. "And Chrissy?" Elena sat on his lap, wrapped her arms around his neck and he kissed her softly. "I think she will be returned to us...someday" Elena laughed and Jason smiled. "So Beatrice got to her before I did" he sighed in mock sadness and Elena shrugged, smiling broadly.

"Have you thought about organizing an office nursery?" Elena asked, looking around his desk littered with documents. "Christina can have fun, besides, there are plenty of other women with small children who have a hard time finding a babysitter when they're at work" Jason cooed and pulled her further into his lap, stroking her thigh. "Honestly, I haven't thought about it" he admitted, leaning back. "That way I can get back to work too" he frowned.

"My wife won't work" Elena raised her eyebrows and glared at him. "Besides, you might already be pregnant" he softened his tone and Elena rolled her eyes. "I'm not pregnant and you know it" Elena elbowed him and Jason grunted, cringing. "I swear I'm trying, but these red dates are trying to get in my way!" he complained sadly and Elena burst out laughing. She also wanted to have a second child, and Elena and Jason were only children, and she knew how lonely such a childhood was, no matter how many friends you had.

"No one said it would work the first time, Jason" Elena leaned against his chest and Jason buried his face in her neck, inhaling her scent. "It worked out with Chrissy" he reminded her, his voice thick with arousal, and the bulge in his pants tickled her ass. "Yeah, I have a vague memory of that night, I have to admit I don't remember much" she joked, tapping her chin thoughtfully and Jason growled, squeezing her tightly and tickling her.

"Well, try your best, I can't wait to see you pregnant again, it's causing me things" his hand slipped under her skirt and between her thighs and Elena giggled, grabbing his wrist. "Our daughter is at the door Jason, you'll have to wait until next week" he huffed and leaned his head back with a disappointed expression. "I have news that might cheer you up until my period passes" he opened his eyes and raised his eyebrows curiously.

"I am listening to you?" Elena smiled widely, took the small calendar that stood next to his computer, then a pen, flipped through three pages and outlined a date, showing it to him. "December 25th?" Elena nodded and he looked at the calendar again. "I've never liked Christmas" Jason admitted, and Elena put the calendar down, hugging him by the neck. "Last Christmas I was pregnant and we didn't celebrate, but this one will be special and you'll love it" Jason looked very skeptical and Elena sighed.

"And what will be so special about this Christmas?" Jason asked dryly and Elena shrugged, beginning to twirl his tie between her fingers. "Apart from the fact that it will be our daughter's first Christmas, it will also be my first Christmas as the new Mrs. Hex" Elena mumbled, looking like someone who had something to say but no one wanted to hear it.

"Have you picked a date for our wedding?" Jason's face lit up and Elena nodded, laughing. "Finally!" he cupped her face and kissed her hard, and Elena almost fell off his lap. "I always thought that I would organize my wedding myself, but it will be difficult for me with Christina" sighed Elena slightly sadly, and Jason pulled her, securing her from falling. "We'll hire the best organizer money can buy and make sure you get everything you want, that should soften the blow a bit?" Elena smiled and kissed his nose, snuggling into him.