Chapter 17

Hindi niya pinansin si Charity. At mabilis na lumakad papuntang couch para kuhanin ang wallet at ang coat ko. Pinasuot niya iyon sakin at lumabas kami. I told Charity and Ken to go home already because it was getting late.

Napatigil kami sa isang hindi mataong Alley.

"Who's that Koleen?" He said with a gritted teeth. He was trying his best not to raise his voice at me.

"It was just my colleague, Zai!"

"He's touching you—"

"But it was just a friendly—"

"Thing?" He laughed at napahilamos sa kaniyang mukha. "You're drunk already. Let's go."

Hindi ako kumibo. "Let me explain."

He rested his hands on his waist. Napailing siya at akmang hihilain na sana ako, but I stopped.

"Let's go."

"Let me explain first!"

He chuckled. Humarap siya sakin. He was trying to close the distance between us, everytime he stepped near at me. I stepped back.

"I already saw it." He was hurt. I can tell it. "He kissed you. You din't ask permission that you will go there. I left my phone in our hotel and can't y-you wait for me to finish my meeting?"

Napapikit ako ng mariin. "I was just going to see my friends, Zai! They were so important to me."

Kita ko kung paano dumaan ang sakit sa kaniyang mga mata.

"H-How about me? Am I important to you?" Pumiyok ang boses niya.

"Of course—"

"It's fine. Koleen. I knew that already.... I wasn't important to all of you. To my family...." He said in a small voice.

I biy my lips and slowly breath out a deep breath. "Our marriage is fixed—"

Nagulat ako ng bigla niyang hinampas ang isang poste. He was breathing so hard dahil sa halong sakit at galit na nararamdan.

"I told you, I don't care if this marriage is fixed. I-I..." He can't continue his words. "I want to risk and give up all the things that matters to me... But you seems not to care about it. Huh?"

Napatawa siya ng mapakla. He nodded.

"It's just a colleague." He nodded once again. "How would you feel, when I am the one you saw being kissed with that piece of shit. You go there without any permission. Personally."

I'll get hurt. I know.

He laughed, sarcastically. "You know the answer, you know the feeling."

Napapikit siya ng mariin. "You don't know me Zaiden."

"You're Koleen, the so damn stoic, heartless, and the girl that doesn't know how to value other people's love towards her..."

I looked at him, na para bang makasalita siya ay para bang kilala niya na ang buong pagkatao ko.

But maybe that's true....