Chapter 6: The Goblin

Sorry I was a little late on the upload. Overslept kinda. Also waking up to loads of notifications is kinda surreal. I guessed with the little amount of SpiderGwen and Peter Parker stories, people didn't like those but seeing the uptick in views and votes clearly means otherwise. So I'd like to say thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Anyway enjoy the chapter. Oh and comments are always appreciated, I love your responses so far.

_____________________

On a roof of a building in Hell's Kitchen, Peter's puts the final touches on his 'suit'. The core part of it was a dark green helmet he's outfitted with multiple cameras. This is so he can remain hands free while taking pictures. Along with that was a mixed reality headset that he's given a red-yellow tint, this would help him see information more easily. Lastly a waterproof jacket with many zippers for pockets and a matching backpack for other gadgets he made, all in similar dark green color or accents.

As he finishes up, Gwen appears perched on top of the ledge. "Sup, Pete-." Stops as she sees his new getup. "Woah what is that..."

"Just something to help me, I mean us..." Remembering the 50/50 deal they made. "The Bugle really liked those chasing shots. Old Jonah almost offered me a Job." He laughed. "So I figured maybe I start getting close to the action with a more hands free solution. Huh, what do you think?"

"Yeah, it looks cool." She wanted to mention about the night before with Harry. It wreaking havoc on her mind for the past few days but maybe all she needed is a distraction. "Can you handle yourself if they start coming after you though?" She teased, Peter unsure how to answer. "Come on, let's see if you remember those punches I taught you." On the roof was some unused wooden palettes, she propped one of them up for Peter to use it like a punching board.

"Well if you insist." He puts his fist up. Punching the air jokingly. "You ready for me, Spider-Woman?"

Under the mask, she rolled her eyes. Waiting for Peter to take a swing. "Remember, it's not about how hard you punch but how much you pull it." She remembers when she fought Peter in his lizard form. She didn't hold back one bit, smashing him into walls of the sewer until the road on top of them collapsed. She didn't want Peter to accidentally kill someone like she almost did to him.

"Got it." Hovering his fist over the wooden target. Predictably, with a huff he destroys it. Though it had been out here and exposed to the elements for days so both of them weren't sure if this was an indication of super strength or it was a really old board.

"Well done." Dropping the destroyed target. "Right, now come on-." She looked up to see Peter was missing. "P-Peter!?" Her Spider-Sense kicked in causing her to turn around to see Peter on the ledge, midway turning back from his translucent state.

"...Or alternatively I could just hide in plain sight while you do the actual fighting." He giggles as he teeters on the edge. "So are we doing this Spider-Woman?"

"Last to the Empire State Building pays for lunch!" Taking the lead, she swings and Peter leaps, sprinting on walls right by her side.

_____________________

Under the cover of night, Oscorp trucks arrive at a heavily guarded corporate warehouse. Prime targets for Harry or as he calls himself, The Goblin. Usually he would take a more covert approach but desperate times call for desperate measures. Just one more hit, one more large steal and Doc Ock will be able to finish his machine. It will all be worth it in the end.