Chapter 11: Bunch Of Spiders and A Lizard

Ok first clarification, if I ever miss a chapter. Assume that it will be up the next day. I know I'm having troubles doing daily uploads but it keeps me focused, driven even. Even though I miss the deadline.

Anyway enjoy this chapter, sorry I couldn't get it up in time.

_____________________

The Spider-Cave

A Cartoon Pig, an Anime girl with a Mecha and a 1930s Noir Detective... who's in black and white. Peter would be lying if wasn't like a kid in a candy store seeing all the different candies or in this case Spider-People. They all had their own style of doing things. Still despite the admiration, Peter wished they weren't so hard on Miles.

"Guys cool it!" Benjamin says, trying to stop the group from trying to 'test' Miles further. The group still calling his name to get up. It's obvious. He wasn't ready.

Miles stared at the ground as the group moved to the side. Hearing their harsh whispers.

"Come on, Miles. Get up." Peter offers his hand pulling him up.

"Thanks, Younger Pete-. Wait I mean." Miles corrects himself, his cheery tone now not present. "Peter, sorry. I'm still getting used to the names."

"Look..." Peter levels with him. "Don't be too hard on yourself okay?" Patting his shoulder. "We all have our own ways of figuring this out. For me I..." Glances over at Gwen. "I had a friend." Miles looking over at her too, wondering why Peter did. "It's easier figuring it out with someone you know and trust the most."

"I see..." Miles face lit up. For him this was an easy answer.

"Peter." Gwen calls him over.

Peter walks away to group. He wished, he could've done more to help Miles than just words.

"You guys didn't have to that." Peter with a judgmental tone. "He needs time."

"Well we really don't have time." Noir bites back.

"Ok look point is, if Miles can't shut it down then one of us has to stay behind and do it." Benjamin says.

Their conversation cuts short when the elevator to the main floor goes back up. Miles waving.

"Wait where are you going?" Gwen calls out.

"I'll meet you guys here, tomorrow." Before the elevator goes out of view. "Then we head to the collider!"

"What did you say to him?" Noir asks.

"I just told him he needs to figure out." Peter shrugs.

The group sighs but they understand this, they couldn't make Miles a better Spider-Man, he needed to go on his own journey. Guess they'll have to stay the night and wait for him in the morning.

_____________________

Most didn't sleep. Being Spider-Men their sleep schedules were already messed up, except for Benjamin who took Uncle Ben's favorite chair to sleep on. Peni and Porker were on the couch, they were playing some sort of fighting game together using Peni's robot. Noir smoked at the back porch, it's been a long day... for everyone.

"Don't cut yourself, now." Aunt May says as she hands Uncle Ben's shaver and scissors for Peter to trim himself with. "You know how to do it yourself?"

"Yeah..." He definitely did not. "Goodnight, May."

She gives a warm smile before walking back to her room. Peter keeping his eyes on her the whole time as she closes the door and the lights beneath the door turn off. He was all alone now, staring at himself in the mirror. Pulling at the tips of his hair, not sure where to start.