Birthday! (pt.2)

Dabi's POV
Noon

We've all mainly just been watching my little pony with Zola while we waited for lunch to hit. I check the time on my phone and realize it's already 12:00. 'Fuck already? Well I guess it's time for us to start the activities.' I let the episode finish and pause the show before it went to the next episode.

"Come on it's 12:00 and we are going out for lunch. Inakusa can you get Zola ready? I'm going to make sure I have everything ready." "Of course!" I go to my room and grab my money, Zola's bag and some toys.

Inakusa's POV

I pick up Zola and bring her to the door. "Come on Zola let's get you dressed for the cold." I open the closet and find a purple snow suit and black boots. I turn around and see her trying to crawl away. "No no, come back here." I laugh and pick her up sitting her back on the carpet.

I gently put the suit on her and she surprisingly cooperated quite well. But as soon as I tried putting on her first boot she starts fussing. "Zola please don't do this, your dad will be out soon and you need to be ready once he gets back." "Zola listen to your mom I know you hate boots but you need to wear them." I look up and see Dabi already ready. "Oh hi!" "Hey you need help?" "Yea..."

"Ok watch and learn." He grabs the other boot pushes her to the wall and pushes his leg lightly on her legs and leans over to put on the boot while she hits him. "Less obstacles and she's stuck so it works. Just be gentle! You wanna try." "Sure" He holds her shoulder making sure she doesn't crawl away from the wall and I gently put my leg on hers and successfully put the boot. Of course she kept hitting me on the head but it did work so I'm not complaining.

I quickly put on a pair of mittens and a hat on her easily and than Dabi picks her up to put her in the stroller. "So where are we going?" "A place she loves a bit too much, Wendy's and than to the park." Zola squeals and I smile, we leave the house and slowly walk down the sidewalk while it snowed.

Dabi's POV

I look around and see some of the neighbours looking at us in a weird way. I look down and Inakusa notices and taps my shoulder. "What's wrong?" I point to some of the neighbours and she realizes what was happening. "Hey don't pay attention to them... Here look at Zola and how much fun she's having with the snowflakes." I look over the stroller and smile seeing her playing with the snowflakes.

I grab Inakusa's hand and pulls her closer to me. "Thanks for being here today..." She smiles and leans her head on my shoulder.

Time skip

We make it to Wendy's waiting in line to order. Once we make it to the register I order for Zola first, than me and finally Inakusa orders herself.

Zola

Dabi

Dabi

Inakusa

Inakusa

We go to sit down at a table and I set down the tray of food while Inakusa puts her in the restaurant high chair

We go to sit down at a table and I set down the tray of food while Inakusa puts her in the restaurant high chair. I give out the food and as soon as Zola sees the apples she looks at them in disgust and bangs on the tray trying to make them fall. "Abagush!!!"

"Zola... Why?... ""Abagush!!!" "You like apples though. Right?... Right?!" "ABAGUSH!!!" She screams continuing to bang on the tray. Inakusa looks at me concerned and I try to stop the apples from falling to the ground. "Do you want me to take her?" "No she just need to learn to stop."

She keeps banging the tray and I hold her hand. 'If she wasn't this aggressive I would take them but at this point they're just flying!' I keep trying to stop her for even just a second until the apples start floating. I look at Inakusa relived and she keeps them to the side where Zola couldn't reach them. "Thanks"

"Tapeque!" Zola 'says' looking at me with pure horror as if I just killed everything she loves. Including apparently her apple slices. "You were just trying to demolish these apples why are you acting like they're your children?" "Gay!" "I'm sorry what?"

Inakusa starts laughing and I just stare at he blankly. "Do you mean give me? Because I don't think that's what gay means Zola..." "GAY!" Everyone in the restaurant turns to us and I faceplant on the table. Inakusa slowly slides the apples to Zola looking away.

Zola instantly smiles and starts smashing the apples. "You know I think she got this from you." Inakusa says obviously hinting at me being a villain. I roll my eyes but laugh in my head not wanting to encourage Zola to essentially murder what she doesn't like.

Zola somehow only now notices her chicken nuggets and ignores the apples. "How did we create this?" Inakusa asks both sarcastically and concerned. "I have no clue..." We both eat our burgers and I watch Zola as she eats her chicken nuggets peacefully. Acting as if she wasn't just demolishing her apples like a true gremlin.

"So Inakusa how's school going?" She looks at me confused but decides to answer while dipping her fries in ketchup. "Right now it's good, today was the first day back from winter break..." "Oh that was today? huh...." I nod my head awkwardly as we sit I silence neither of us knowing what to say. "Umm... What did you do for winter break?" "Skate, went to a party, sat in bed most days, went on a date." My interest is quickly peaked by that last thing. "Date?"

"Oh yea I um have been kind of talking to someone lately." "Oh..." I whisper to myself not sure what exactly I was feeling. But Inakusa notices how my mood switched and smirks. "What?~ You jealous?~" My eyes widen and I blush just slightly out of embarrassments. "WHAT!? Me embarrassed!? I would never be!" She chuckles and rolls her eyes before looking over at Zola smiling. "What do you think Zola, do you think Daddy's embarrassed?~"

Zola laughs nodding her head not really understanding what Inakusa was saying but mainly laughing because of the way Inakusa had said it. I gasp dramatically and lean closer to Zola. "How could you!? You traitor!" I say playfully as I feed her one of her chicken nuggets causing Inakusa to laugh. "So how was the date?" "It was god, nothing to big we really just went to go see a movie." "Mhm, now how much of the movie did you actually watch?~"

Inakusa laughs and rolls her eyes shaking her head. "The first few minutes..." "Mhm~" "Oh shut up!" I laugh and Zola bangs her tray slightly gaining both of our attention. We both look over to see her already finished her food though still looking hungry. "Wow you really are a gremlin" I say chuckling as I hand her 5 of my fries.

Time skip

We were outside of the Wendy's now walking to the park quietly aside for Zola who was excitedly cooing since she knew we were going to the park based on where we were. We turn around the corner to see the playground and Zola starts screeching as she tries to get out of the stroller herself too impatient. I laugh as well as Inakusa and I stop letting Inakusa take her out of the stroller. She puts her on the ground and Zola instantly starts trying to crawl to the park as quick as she can. Struggling from all the snow that was slowing her down allowing her to stay near me and Inakusa.

But that didn't stop Zola from playing with the snow and throws some at me laughing then some at Inakusa. Causing us to both laugh as I nudge some snow at her with my foot making her laugh even more. "Come on Zola the park is just right there." I say smiling as I watch my daughter have fun in the snow and how she got excited when she remembered the park. As she continues to try and get there as quick as possible laughing.

Once we make it to the park we start doing whatever Zola wants, constantly going down the slide with her, spinning on the spinning chairs holding her, swings, snow ball fight and now me and Inakusa were teaching Zola how to make a snow fort.