Chapter 14

I missed you all💜.

Taehyung punched the password to his apartment and the door opened automatically, he walked inside his home and locked the door. The Apartment was drowned in silence and suddenly he felt the loud beating of his heart dropping in the pits of hell, a sudden… almost fearful uneasiness.

He was getting used to the humble music that always welcomed him after a day of work. The deep humming baritones of a melodic voice and the shuffling of another human being in his lonely living room.

Mehrin liked to stay in their bedroom all the time but Jungkook, he used every corner of his home while doing his office work or roaming and shuffling with his things, sometimes jamming his music and wiggling his body along with it.

He knows he shouldn't get used to it but there he is… eyes wandering all to search for a tall figure.

Taehyung sighed when he heard the tiny clicking noise coming from a keypad of a laptop. He tilted his head and waved at Jungkook who was immersed in his work with sheer concentration, sitting on the white carpet in the middle of the living room. He was surrounded by three huge sofa sets but Taehyung can recognise those wavy long hairs even in the crowd. 

The wave caught Jungkook's attention and he nodded at Taehyung in response before going back to his work. 

Taehyung shrugged and tiptoed to the kitchen, his smile widened when he saw a hot meal wrapped up in a hot case. He bit his lips when he was about to shout in cheers and quickly grabbed a plate and a few bowls. 

He filled his plate till there was no space left, his chopsticks were tucked behind his ear and his legs were doing weird dances while walking towards his room.

He shoots a flying kiss to Jungkook who shakes his head with a small smile at the dancing dork. 

Taehyung entered his room and set his plate on the bed. Now… he is a multitasking man and a lawyer too, so he didn't hesitate before taking out his laptop and plugging his airpods with it.

The testimony of a new criminal case was supposed to be out today. The government hasn't decided on the lawyer whom they will handover this case yet but everyone is trying to take this case up on their sleeves.

One because it's a murder case of the political party leader of SMT (Loaded money) and second because the murder charges fell upon his wife (Loaded money 2.0). No matter which side one would play, their pockets will be stuffed by the end.

However, this is not the case with Taehyung. He needs to know who is the victim first because his law ethics does not allow him to win a case for money. 

He has standards.

The suspect is the leader's wife. His third wife, if Taehyung counted correctly.

Taehyung put on the testimony audio and wears his airpods. He placed the food plate in his lap and untucked his chopsticks. 

With the first cry of the women, Taehyung hummed deliciously. The food was tasty, his tongue buzzed with flavours as he heard some more cries.

*He was drinking his whiskey when he called me over and started to abuse me* 

Taehyung moaned as soon as he slurped the egg broth and bit down on a piece of meatball. He nodded his head in appreciation as he didn't expect less from Jungkook's cooking.

*But your maid witnessed that it was you who first smashed a bottle on his head* 

Taehyung raised his eyebrow while munching on the seaweed. The crunchy taste after the hot sexy broth was giving a blast to his tongue.