NO CELESTIAL

(I'M NO FREAKIN' ANGEL!I'M NO FREAKIN' GODDESS!)

I'M NO FREAKIN' GODDESS!)

(I'M NO FREAKIN' ANGEL!I'M NO FREAKIN' GODDESS!)

intro...

REMIEL CHEN ISN'T a hero. She's the furthest thing from it. The adopted daughter of Seraphina al Ghul, Remiel grew up as Mei, a deadly piece of the puzzle that completed the League of Assassins. With her innate ability to manipulate qi, she's a force to be reckoned with. Being an assassin was all she was. Her past was a complete mystery—neither Remiel nor Chen were even her real name, and her heritage was a big question mark with no answer. A big question mark she didn't want answers to.

She'd been allowed to be something else once. She'd had the opportunity right in front of her, dangling like a carrot on a stick, and instead of grabbing it and making something of her life, she'd chosen to bury her knife in Dick Grayson's guts and run back to what was easy. What was familiar.

Six years later, she finds herself back in Gotham.

The League of Assassins is in trouble. Ra's is dead, Talia and Seraphina are missing, and the last thing she's told is that Damian's been sent off to his father. His biological father, and her once-upon mentor, Bruce Wayne. The Batman. With Deathstroke hunting her down, she flees back to the manor she once turned her back on. 

They welcome her. With suspicion, wariness and the hurt of betrayal. It was never quite nice looking at the people you once hurt. Especially not when one of them was your first love. But she didn't have another choice. It was this, or death.

She could deal with Dick Grayson and his cocktail mix of feelings towards her. And she was certain, absolutely certain, that she would not fall again for the boy with too-pretty blue eyes and devilish charm.

Never again.