nineteen, guests from far places

SHE WAS STILL a little numb, staring at the three standing before her. But Daniel seemed to be having it far worse, jaw practically on the ground as his eyes travelled between Dick, Damian and Cecily.

Dick was frowning as he regarded her. "You're injured."

"Had a strange encounter earlier. I'll explain later. But first, what are you three doing here?"

"And more importantly," Daniel stammered, "who are you people?"

Cecily's lips quirked upwards, clearly entertained. "I'm Cecily Lange."

"Okay, am I supposed to know Cecily Lange?"

Remiel raised one hand. "Okay. Daniel. This is Dick Grayson. Damian Wayne. Cecily Lange. Guys, this is Daniel Yeung."

"We know who he is," Damian grumbled, arms crossed. "We background checked him."

"Wait, what?"

"Okay Daniel, new introductions. This is Nightwing, Robin and Delphi."

Delphi. That was what Cecily had ended up going with. She worked mostly behind the scenes with Barbara, serving as an assistant, but sometimes, when necessary, she'd head out on the field as well. Delphi. Matched with Oracle, certainly.

Daniel seemed to have been struck dumb. Damian narrowed his eyes. "Is your friend alright, Remiel?"

"Give him a bit of time to recover. He'll be alright." Remiel waved her hand in the air. "You still haven't answered my question. What are you doing here? And with such little notice?"

"Black Canary sent us a warning. Told us that someone she'd been keeping tabs on for a while seemed to have come here to Hong Kong with some kind of mission in mind. It was originally just going to be me and Damian, but we thought Cecily might learn a thing or two here," Dick said, shrugging.

"Does this person Black Canary asked you to keep an eye on happen to go by the name White Canary, by any chance?"

Dick blinked. "She does, wait how—oh." His gaze lingered on the bruise on my cheek. "Bad run-in?"

"She said some interesting things," Remiel sighed, turning around to the computer. "Daniel, can you pull the footage up?"

Daniel finally snapped out of his trance, turning to find the security footage of the fight.

"She called me the 'daughter of jade'. I'm not sure what that means. And she said she was my test, my trial, and that so far I wasn't worthy. And she kept suggesting that she'd find me again. Why is she after me?"

"That," Dick frowned, "we didn't know. Black Canary just alerted us that she was seen here, and that she was a massive threat. Are you sure you're alright, Remiel? Did you lose to her?"

"It was probably the fastest fight I've lost in years," Remiel replied flatly. She didn't have that much of an ego. She was happy with admitting that much easily. "Completely outclassed me. She doesn't fight like anyone I've seen before. Thought she might be League trained, but it doesn't feel like it. I'd know about her at any rate if she was."

Daniel turned his head. "I have it."

They all crowded around the computer as Daniel started playing footage of the fight. Cecily winced. Damian's brows were tightly knitted together. Dick didn't look particularly happy either.

And when the video ended, he turned to look at her. "You're not too badly hurt, are you? We can fix you up—"

She raised her hand. "I'm fine. It'll go away in a few days. I think she went easy on me."