five, the name of the game

IT DIDN'T TAKE long to deal with all the thugs. Oswald Cobblepot took a bit longer to get to, since he'd used the chaos as cover to start running away, but once they were sure that Batman and Robin were safe to do whatever it was they did inside, they headed off to search for the leader himself.

Oracle kept them updated as they hopped on their respective vehicles to chase after the getaway car. "He's three blocks away now, you guys can take the other way around... Actually, no, split up. You can surround him."

"We're all ears," Remiel told her as she started to drive. "Just tell us where we need to go."

"You're on the right path, Phantasma. Red Hood, take the next turn and then go straight. You might be able to cut him off if you're fast enough."

"Got it," his voice chimed in the comms.

"Nightwing, go with Phantasma. If Red Hood can't cut him off, then it'll be up to you two to catch up to him. Shouldn't be too difficult. Batman, Robin, what's the situation?"

Batman's deep voice responded a moment later. "We're all done. I'm calling the GCPD, I'm assuming Nightwing, Phantasma and the Red Hood can deal with Cobblepot."

"Have some faith in us," the Red Hood replied, voice jeering. "One of him and three of us. The moment we catch up with him he's done for."

"I see him," Remiel said into the comms, eyes locking into the black car speeding away in the horizon. She sped up her motorcycle, getting closer and closer and closer to the vehicle. She could hear Nightwing's motorcycle blazing behind hers, and a moment later his was parallel to hers.

"I'll take his left, you take his right," he instructed. "He has two men with him, I think. I counted two missing when I did a quick sweep just now."

"Got it," Remiel replied, formulating a plan in her head. The best plan was to stop the car. "Red Hood, how far are you?"

"Give me one minute and I'll be able to cut him off in his path, I think," his voice replied. "More or less, give or take."

Not reliable enough. But Nightwing was already moving, and as the distance between them and Cobblepot's car became closer and closer, he threw out a Batarang that lodged itself into the back of the car.

In her heart, she gave a count of three.

As expected, on the third, the Batarang exploded, not enough to cause any insane damage to the car but enough to send it slightly off-course, slowing it down in the process. Perfect opportunity for the two of them to flank it on both sides. Using her shrunk three-section staff as a set of triple nunchucks, she smashed the window of the car.

It just so happened that the Penguin was the one sitting in the seat there. As the glass shards fell on the man, he let out a yell and started shooting blindly in her direction. She slowed her motorcycle so that the car went ahead for a bit, putting her out of shooting range from the Penguin unless he decided to risk putting his hand and head out.

He might not have been thinking straight, because that was what he did. And to that, she replied with a Batarang straight at his hands, knocking the small pistol out of his hand. Nightwing had somehow managed to pull out the driver of the car, and right as she started panicking as to how to stop the car, the car slid to a stop.

Some kind of foam had lodged itself between the front wheels and the ground. Remiel glanced up as she hopped off her motorcycle, and there Red Hood was, standing on a nearby rooftop, looking mighty pleased with himself.

"Why are you up there?" she demanded, directing her attention back to the Penguin, who was scampering out of the car in an effort to get away. It didn't take much effort to catch up to him on foot, and a quick swing of her nunchucks and he was out cold on the ground.