40.

Aeron

Paperwork is the most boring part of our job, and I wish I could just let anyone else of it.

But if you want the job done right, you've got to do it yourself.

That's what my father always used to say. It's drilled right into my brain, like some sort of indoctrination.

But he was right though. I don't trust half these morons working under us, god knows them running around the streets doing whatever.

They get the money in that we need, though it doesn't make a huge difference to us personally.

My father was a mad man. He was a good guy, at times, but god was he crazy.

Shit really got to his head.

I wouldn't say I had the toughest childhood out of all of us, that's all Valerius. But I wouldn't say I had the best.

I wasn't abused or anything, but growing up with absent and drunk parents really isn't the best way to be a child.

Always having to take care of your parent while they are supposed to take care of you.

My mother fled the minute I was born, I'd never known the woman. Glad I never did when I heard of all the things she's done. Not that what I'm doing is any better.

So it was me and my dad, and my halfsister. When I was three my father got some woman pregnant and killed her the second she gave birth to my sister.

She hates my father for that.

But that was it.

And besides that, I always hung out with the guys from a very young age. I don't mean to be or sound corny, cause really, that's more Lucifer's thing. But they're my real family, which is why I don't mind all of us having a relationship with Amara.

It feels natural.

I haven't spoken to my sister either since my father died, or rather when I killed him.

She refuses to speak to me, and I don't blame her for that. But he deserved it.

We were better off without him.

I grew up into this, only we built this empire up on our own, knowing our parents couldn't even come half as far as we have.

I'd like to say they're proud of us, but they're jealous, and we hate all our parents more than they could ever hate us.

Even though Xerxes and Enzo have pretty good relationships with their parents, the rest of us couldn't say the same.

They're either dead, or almost dead. They dug their own graves, they deserve to die.

I'm being pulled out of my own thoughts when my phone starts to ring, Amara's name popping on my screen as I take of my reading glasses.

I pick up the phone with a smirk on my face, knowing Seth's on her way to pick her up.

With how horny she's been lately, every single one of us is happy as fuck the second she gets home.

"Hey baby," I start but get stopped as I hear a man's voice, one that certainly does not sound like Seth.

What the fuck?

"Do not speak to me, American imbecile." The man speaks in an accent which I fortunately immediately recognise.

French.

Motherfuckers.

"I guess you are French then. Where are you taking me? To see mommy and daddy dearest? Yeah, thanks but no thanks. Let me out of the car you French fuckface." I hear my beautiful girl say.