06

"They said it was just a low-grade curse! That was different!" Yuta exclaimed.

Kemn would admit it that the curse in the elementary school was scarier than this curse but it was still scary! t
The fact that she can lose her life in a second!

"Oh yeah, Inumaki, you're hurt!" Kemn face palmed at the loud Yuta.

"Yeah, you did break your finger in the process while saving me." Kemn said a bit guilty.

"Is your finger okay?" Kemn wanted to be sarcastic to Yuta and say, "You really think a crushed finger is okay?", but just kept it in her mind not wanting to appear to be rude.

"Syake." Kemn got worried when Inumaki raised his finger then mess with it they heard a crack same goes for his voice it was very dry and hoarse.

"Ahhh! It's better to not mess with it too much!" Yuta advice Inumaki.

"I have a bandage here." Kemn said taking the bandage out then wrapping it with care in Inumaki's finger. Kemn knew how to wrap a bandages because of being in a volleyball team, you can't avoid getting injured in volleyball. There, she learned how to bandage especially bandaging fingers. Her team's blockers would asked her to bandage their fingers.

"There, all done." Kemn said.

"You're good at this Kozume-san." Yuta praised.

"Ah, yeah, I do this a lot when I'm still playing volleyball."

"Ohhhhh :o." Yuta reacted.

Inumaki suddenly stood up.

"Inumaki-kun!" Yuta yelled in a low voice.

"Are you ready to move?" Yuta ask with Kemn and him following him but soon was stopped by Inumaki with a stopped sign.

"Gonbu." He told the two. Kemn and Yuta understood what he just said following with a cough.

"Are you telling us that you'll go alone?" Yuta asked Inumaki. Inumaki soon turn his back to the two.

"Thanks Inumaki-kun. But... we're fine, right Kozume-san?"

"Yeah?" Kemn said unsure.

"Let's do our best together." Kemn judt agreed at Yuta's statement.

"Let's have a rush strategy." Kemn told the two because finally her brain starts working.

"What plan?" Yuta asked while Inumaki just looked at her.

"Me and Yuta will distract the curse to catch it off guard, and of course getting your throat medicine for you to deliver the final attack Inumaki-kun. This is a rush plan that's not a hundred percent sure but we should try or else we won't be able to get out of here." Kemn said getting her given naganata out of the bag she'd been carrying, same goes for Yuta in his katana.

Kemn twirled her naganata first, like a baton to warm her hand up.

"I'm ready." Yuta said.

"Same."

Walking towards the curse, the curse look at Yuta to just feel a heavy curse energy around him.

"Why is it mad? It's already scary as it is." Kemn sweatdrop at Yuta's comment.

'I know this is because of Rika. It's pretty obvious why the curse is mad.' Kemn mentally sweatdrop.

'Focus Kemn, you need to focus and concentrate to your surroundings.' With an exhale, Kemn and Yuta jump at opposite sides when the curse attack between them. Kemn knew her talisman won't have an effect since the curse is on another level.

Kemn was about to attack the curse to see the curse only focused on Yuta. It was about to attack Yuta when she pushed Yuta out of the way injuring her shoulder in the process. Yuta took the opportunity to grab the throat medicine.

"Inumaki-kun!" He called, throwing the bottle to Inumaki with Inumaki jumping off the second floor opening it then drinking it.

As soon as Inumaki lands.

"Get crushed!!" Inumaki yelled at the curse.

"Huh?" The curse said while getting brutally crushed.

"Wahhh, sugoi."

"It was indeed incredible Kozume-san."

"Takana!" Inumaki exclaimed at the two, worried. Yuta have a bleeding head while Kemn have a bleeding shoulder.

"Ah, I'm fine I'm fine. It just gazed me." Yuta said wiping his head with his white uniform which Kemn tsk'ed.

"Don't 'I'm fine I'm fine.' me, you are clearly injured." Kemn said.

"Aren't you injured too, Kozume-san?" Yuta pointed her shoulder.

"Shake." Inumaki agreed. Only then Kemn felt the painful sting on her shoulder.

"Oh, I just noticed." She said looking at her shoulder that has a now ruined sleeve.

"Shake!" Inumaki mid raised his hands which Kemn and Yuta understand. Kemn smiled then high fiving Inumaki's hand.

"Great work for the three of us." Kemn said, glad that she— that sounded wrong... *ehem* they survived.

"Yeah! Good job!" Yuta said while he high five Inumaki.

"Ah, the curtain what should we do?" Yuta asked.

In the shadows, someone's watching them from afar, especially watching Yuta.

As soon as they got back to school, Kemn's shoulder was tend and have her change her uniform. Kemn's extra uniform was the same uniform she wore in the elementary incident.

"Don't ask me about curse energy." She heard Maki said making Yuta left with a question. Kemn knew why Maki said that. It was obvious.

"You don't have a curse energy don't you, Maki-san?" Kemn bluntly asked.

Yuta was shocked, especially Maki, even Panda was shock.

"How did you know?" Maki asked the girl, trembling a bit.

"It was quite obvious the time you answered Yuta-san that you are not that comfortable about the topic of curse energy. And the time when we were in elementary school and you asked for our ID, your body language give it away. Plus you've been in this school before we even entered, and you're from a clan, for sure they would teach curse energy control but you never did once use any because if you can, we could've gotten out of the curse's stomach that time, am I right?" Kemn explained her analysis. It's a random hobby of her to observe. Especially in volleyball and video games.

"Just—how long have you been observing me?" Maki asked the female gritting her teeth a bit, she's annoyed that someone can see through her just like that.

"Dunno, it was just for fun to observe someone." Kemn answered with a shrug.

'Be thankful that I was the one to observe you and not those two.' Kemn sweatdrop, remembering how those two observe human beings and things.

"Tsk, oi, Panda! Am I that easy to read?!" Maki asked Panda.

"Well, not really." Panda honestly answered.

"Then how?!" Maki questioned.

"She's just observant, I guess."

"Kozume-san, how did you know?" Yuta asked the female.

"It was easy, at first it was just a simple guess but after noticing months in here. But then, while I was speaking earlier it was connecting the dots." Kemn simply explained.

"You're amazing, Kozume-san!" Kemn slightly blush not really used to compliments.

"Even though I didn't understand a word you said since you talked fast." Kemn sigh.

"One day, one day you'll connect the dots Yuta-san."