Short side stories before shits

-Manananggal-

"Ah, Riri-chan. If you wanna learn more about your curse ability, go to the library!" Gojo smiled at her. Of course, Kemn knew this manchild would never teach her!

Kemn just rolled her eyes before going to the library. Call her rude or brat, but that's just how she's made (not like they care about her attitude).

Kemn entered the library and saw no one there... no librarian, too. Lucky for her because she gets to enjoy the peace and quiet place.

Going through section by section, she can't find the right book for her to understand more about curse energy manipulation/control.

Well, except that there's a book that's 7 feet up. What can her 5'6 "height do? Climb the shelf?

"Wait, that's actually a nice idea." Kemn whispered to herself.

About to climb the shelf, "Oh, is there a book you can't reach?"

"Gah!" Kemn yelled, causing Kemn to look at the male in front of her.

"Sorry, I-I... book." Kemn panicked. And every time she panics, words were robbed from her tongue.

"Oh, the curse control. I'll get it for you." Kemn looked at the man, then nodded.

"Thaaaaaanks..." Kemn froze with eyes widening while she was thanking the man.

The man—his body is half? What? Huh?!

Kemn took a look up and saw the man with a pair of wings while grabbing the book. Kemn, looking down again to see the man's lower, is not intact.

Kemn's vision blackened.

"Miss!" Was the last thing she heard before passing out.

▪︎     ▪︎     ▪︎

Kemn groaned awake, feeling a cold towel in her forehead. Taking it off before sitting up, she's in her room? Kemn saw the man who was still alive with cutting his body half and the man-child who made her go here!

"Oh! Riri-chan, I forgot to tell you that Cale here is the librarian. He's a manananggal, a curse spirit." Gojo introduced. Kemn looked at the brown skinned man in awe. Cale has black hair, big black eyes (instead of almond like eyes), and the flat nose of Pinoys. It was like he's coming out from a straight history book of the Philippines!

"Nice to meet you, Kozume." He was the first to greet.

"I'm sorry for scaring you earlier." Cale apologized.

"Ah, no, no. I was the one who's rude. I would've expected it." Kemn smiled at the man.

"See, told you, Cale. Riri-chan here is kind. Oh, if you see how much Cale panicked when he saw you faint." Gojo laughed, making Cale blush at the embarrassment.

"I-I have to fix the books!" Cale clumsily said, then dashing back to the library.

"How does he even know my name if you kept call me Riri?" Kemn asked.

"He has all the students' information here. He's also the one to make the student identification cards. So, mostly, he is the one who holds the most important documents of the school. The library is his safe place, which is what he would always say." Gojo explained.