14 - ○Amaranth tides○

Author pov:

Meera woke up from her deep slumber when she was disturbed by her alarm. She scrunched her eyebrows when those golden rays of sun met her hazel eyes.

By stretching her arms above her head, she arched her body backwards, she turned towards the door entrance when Laya entered the room.

The latter's skin radiated eminent glow due to the kicking of pregnancy hormones inside her body. Her hairstrands looked thicker and smooth while her cheeks gleamed pink.

"You're up already. It's Sunday, why don't you rest a bit?", asked Laya.

"Nah, no need. I'm fine", replied Meera as she leaned towards the little bump of Laya.

"Hey junior, do you hear me? This is your aunt. Are you fine there?", she kept her ears on the clothed bump.

"It's just two months. It won't hear anything", said Laya as she smiled at her friend's naughtiness yet loved that.

"She'll hear me. I know about her. After all, I'm her aunt"

"She?", questioned the latter as she was surprised by Meera's statement.

"Yep, she's a she! I know the best about her", replied Meera.

"You might experience some shortage of light over there but don't worry, I'll take care of you when you get here. We'll go around the world", she continued.

"Oh hello, you both can wait until you meet each other but for now try to care for me too", Laya faked her anger by pouting.

"How can I forget about my best friend? You are the best", Meera hugged Laya.

"Then what about Arjun?", teased Laya. Meera let out a foxy smile and went inside to fresh up.

♣️♣️♣️

The room was filled with the pleasant scent of wood when Arjun came back from his shower in a gray robe. Drops of water yearned to be with him but forced to land on the tiled floor due to gravity's betrayal.

He walked towards the phone placed on the wooden table. The incoming caller was Meera.

Arjun pov:

"I'm so sorry Arjun. I slept a bit early yesterday and my phone was in silent. That's why I couldn't attend your call. I'm so sorry", Meera pleaded on the other side.

I chose not to speak. I was so much worried the whole night when she didn't attend any of my calls. Tension reached its maximum and I was on the verge of driving to Laya's house.

But then, I called Laya and confirmed that Meera was safe and dead asleep. That's when my heartbeat came back to normal rhythm.

"I'm sorry Aju", I came back from my thoughts when she said that. Aju. That's  a nickname.

All my fuming anger and ego washed away when she called me by my newly found nickname. I can't help but smile.

"What did you say?", I asked.

"What? I didn't say anything", she replied.

"I'll forgive you only if you repeat what you said earlier", I declared with a smirk.

"A..aj...Aju", she said with much hesitancy and sheepishness.

"I can't hear you", I teased her a bit.

I heard a laugh from the other side. Her laughter is a melody to my ears which I would gladly listen till my death.

"Okay, no problem, I just wanted to make sure you were all right. That's why I called you yesterday", I spoke.