○Epilogue - pink and purple in the sky○

"The quest for sound ends in silence.

The quest for silence ends in wisdom.
And when I seek you draped in clouds, you drift away.

This ain’t right. It ain’t fair. O beautiful moon, this ain’t right.

This ain’t right. It ain’t fair. O beautiful midnight, this ain’t right"
                                  ~ Vairamuthu

Author pov:

After five years,

Luscious leaves began whispering secrets as chill breeze played with them. Shades of gray painted on the sky indicated the arrival of heaven's tears.

In the house, Arjun was seen taking out a freshly baked vanilla cake from the oven. It's aroma spread across the walls of the house.

Laya came to the kitchen upon smelling the mouth watering smell of the cake.
"When is she coming?", she asked as she sprinkled sugar pearls on top of the creme.

"She would usually come by this time but I don't know what's taking so long", replied Arjun.

"Looks like the cake is ready, wohooo", Fawad entered the kitchen with his daughter, Aysha who has just started to go to her kindergarten.

As a final touch, Arjun placed a candle on the cake and a sense of pride can be found in his face. He took it and came to the main hall where everyone has assembled.

Arjun's parents, his in-laws, Mahesh, Kathir with his wife Yaazhini, and of course Laya, Fawad with Aysha.

Just as they kept the cake on the table, all heard doorbell ringing.

"Hide....hide", Arjun hurriedly ordered others. They all stood behind random objects and Kathir turned OFF the lights.

The woman stepped inside the house and was doing her evening routine. She called for Arjun.

"Arjun..... Aju... Aju"
But something was fishy from her point of view. When she turned ON the light, everyone in the room shouted "Congratulations!", while she was left stunned for a moment.

Tears of surprise and joy formed on her face when she saw her family and friends.

"Congratulations for the award", everyone wished her.

"Congratulations Meera", Arjun hugged the woman and asked her to cut the cake.

She sliced the cake into pieces and gave those to everyone. Her diamond ring glimmered when she gave a piece of cake to her husband, Arjun.

She took the shield from her bag and gave it to her parents. It was written 'Best professor of the year- Chennai'

They were beyond happy upon witnessing their daughter's achievement.

"I thought of surprising you. But, you stood out me", Meera whispered to Arjun.

Soon, they all were enjoying the breezy evening with food, music and dance.

Suddenly, they heard a whimper from the adjacent room.

"Ohh looks like he woke up?", Arjun mumbled and went to the dimly lit room and came back with their child, Amar. It has been one year since Amar was born.

"Am..Amma", he tried to put his words together.

"Aww baby, come here", he slowly crawled towards her from Arjun. Amar was still in his crawling phase but can stand at times.
She gradually scooped her baby to her arms and kissed him on his temple.