Mine

I tried not get in my feelings about Yvonne and Santana going to the Bahamas. I had to keep this shit strictly player. After dropping Jasia off at my grandmothers, I linked up with my sister Kira and went to the club. Santana wired me some money so I could get my nails and hair done.

Poison by Bel Biv Devoe played on the radio and Kira, and I danced. A tall dark-skinned guy wearing a blue suit and had his hair in waves walked over to me. 

"Whats your name boo?" He smiled . 

"Jada...and you?"

"Tony..but they call me Ice. can i buy you a drink?"He smiled. I was single but felt weird about talking to another man.

"I know you ain't trippin on Santana. let that man buy you a drink. He in the Bahamas with his wife and you at a bar in Chicago.."Kira said to me.

"Okay...but i want two and you gotta take me out to eat afterwards."I smiled.

"Anything you want baby."Ice smiled leading the way to the bar. I waved Kira off and sat down to have a few drinks with Ice.

"What do you do for a living?"Ice asked me as he took a sip of his drink.

"I am a secretary at JBD Lawfirm . I  also do hair sometimes."I smiled

"Okay okay, do they pay well."

"Hell yeah."I smiled

"Well i work for a landscaping company and i'm a street pharmacist."He laughed

"Are you serious?"

"Girl no... i work for a landscaping company owned by my father just wanted to see your reaction."He laughed

"Real funny ice."I smiled.

"Come on. Lets go eat and ill take you home."

Those two three drinks were kicking in and i felt woozy walking into a 24 hour diner. We sat down at the table and ate our food. Once in the car i began kissing on Ice. I didn't care if i was just with Santana a couple days ago ...He wasn't mine and I needed a back up nigga in case this nigga wanted to keep his happy home a happy home.

"Wait girl..let me find a spot."Ice laughed.

"Let's go to my house." I replied kissing on his neck. I gave ice directions to my house and opened the door. We took it to the living room and I watched as he put the condom on. He was 12 inches, thick and hard as a rock.

I straddle Ice and begin riding the fuck out of him. He moaned and closed his eyes before cumming all in the condom. After getting off of him we both dosed off on the couch. When i woke up $300 laid on the coffee table with a note.

"I know you didn't ask....and i damn sure won't tell...but if you fuck with me i got you."

I crumbled up the note and threw it in my junk drawer in the kitchen. I hopped in the shower and put my workout clothes on. After getting my Walkman i headed outside for a jog. It was sunny out and people were walking with their kids. I ran around the park and downtown before heading home. As soon as i walked in my phone started ringing. 

"Hello?"

"Hey baby. how is everything going?" Santana said on the other line. 

"Good baby good i finished the work and just went for a jog."I said sitting down on the couch.

"Okay...i told Yvonne i have some last minute paperwork that can't be completed by you and that we have to leave early. I will be home sunday...be ready for me."Santana laughed.

"Okay daddy i'll see you when you get here."

"Okay.....set some things up for Jasia i have to do buisness in Florida you gotta come with me next week."He said

I smiled and quickly wiped it off my face because i realized i was slowly falling for Santana and i didn't like it. 

"Okay." i said hanging up the phone. I sat with my head in my knees . This was exhausting and i thought i would like not having any strings attached but deep down i didn't. I'm not Theresa Smith-Carmichael.. i'm Jada Marie Carmichael...

I washed clothes and came across a tee shirt that i made for a balloon release event for Cayne last year. It made me queasy inside seeing his face and tears began to fall from my eyes. I never made peace with him and contemplated about visitng his grave to do so. I shook my head and threw the teeshirt in the trashcan. I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror and admired my beauty but struggled to admire my resilience. I was tired of being strong and wanted to be soft. I wanted to open up.. I wanted real love but i was scared of meeting another Cayne or dealing with an Earl.