Happily Ever After

Santana's divorce wasn't so bad but Yvonne was trying to find her way around getting his money. She thought life with Santana was so hard and full of misery but soon discovered that it wasn't. I found the courage to take a ride to my mothers home. I had some things i wanted to say to her. I walked up the steps to her apartment in another rundown apartment building and knocked several times before Earl answered the door. I shook my head at the sight of him and i couldn't believe that she even went back to him.

"I am here to see my mother."I said placing my hands on my hips. The house was clean and there was food cooking in the kitchen. 

"She's in the kitchen..how you been baby?"Earl smiled.

"Hey.."I said to my mother, ignoring Earl. My mother was sitting at the table wearing a burgundy suit and her hair in a updo. She was cutting potatoes and onions up.

"Hey..ain't seen you in a minute. or heard from you... you want some money?"

"No mama i am good i have some .. I've been working with a law firm."

"a law firm ...oohhh girl you must be fuckin the boss."she laughed lighting a cigarette. My mother was beautiful she just had a shitty personality.

"I am actually... getting married and pregnant ...to that boss."I said gulping .

"Hmmm. You still don't learn...love don't -."She started off but i put my hand up and stopped her.

"I am tired of you telling me and Kira that love doesn't exist because Daddy beat and hurt you and us. I won't grow old using people and being miserable. Santana loves me... I love him...thats real."I blurted out.

"Girl...when are you gonna learn...this sorry motherfucker right here..knows i don't love him one bit...but that money...that money is what keeps me around....that money is what pays the bills, buys my Louis Vuitton bags and takes me on trips...not LOVe."She said mocking me.

"Well maybe if you changed YOU...people would love you right. I just came to say i forgive you and be on my way."

"Forgive me for what? I gave my life up for you kids!"

"Grandmother! Grandmother did! She raised Kira and i after you let daddy beat me then let Earl molest me and Kira! grandmother did ! Not you Theresa!"

"Girl!! let me tell you something that little $50 fucking dollars for doing the things you do now kept the lights on when your aint shit father left. Get the fuck out my house ungrateful bitch!"She put her cigarette out and stood up walking towards me.

"If you put your hands on me lady...I will kill you." I said walking out of the door slamming it behind me. I got in my car and headed home when i got there Santana was outside with a police officer shaking his head.

"What happened ?"I asked Santana running up to him. 

"Gary's lover shot and killed Gary, Yvonne and the kids."He said crying . I held onto him as he cried. For days Santana stayed in the finished basement with the lights out listening to music. On the day of the funearl i walked downstairs and he was in the dark listening to Marvin Gaye. 

"Are you ready?"I asked him touching his shoulder.

"Yes." He replied standing up and putting his suit jacket on. 

When we got to the funearl it took David and i holding his arms to get to the casket.s to see the kids He almost passed out twice. Yvonne had a closed casket and so did Gary. 

After the funearl we headed to the repass and Santana barely ate. Days would go by before he said a word . We sat on the hill watching the sunset and listening to music.

"I love you Santana....i want you to always know that i have your back no matter what."I said holding his hand.

"I love you too Jada...you bring me peace...i can't wait to meet our son or daughter."He said kissing me. Just as i turned away and he turned my head back towards him and pulled a small box out from his pants pocket. 

"Jada Carmichael...from day one i knew that it would be more than just sex between us. You are everything i am not and you complete me. I love you...more than life itself...will you marry me?"He asked me . I hesitated at first then closed my eyes.

"Yes."I finally said with tears running down my face. The sunset shined on me making my skin look a glittery brown.

Later on i went back outside after everyone was sleep and went out to the lake. I wrote  a letter nights before and wrote a poem: 

Black
Skin smooth as butter
Dark as night
Beautiful
Perfectly chiseled muscles
Infectious smile
A laugh that sends chills down my spine
Your intelligence
Like fluid to my lighter
A match to my blunt
The calm to my high
You take me to heights of pure ectasy
Your kisses
Slow caresses
Slide in
Slide out
Repeat
My fingers running up and down your spine
Counting the bones

 I feel 

as I press down

Claw

Bite

Drip

I'm climaxing
We sit up and watch a movie
Poetic justice
Funny huh
Pure vibes
I can feel your eyes looking over at me
Trying to figure me out
Feeling what I feel
Not lust
But like we've met before
Like we are supposed to be here
Like we are supposed to be one
I take your hand and stare into your dark brown eyes
Without saying a word you take me in your arms
Holding me til the break of dawn
Whispering
Kisses
Promises
We both know we aren't going to keep
I want it to last forever
But we are on a  time limit
I will crave your presence and your touch for days on
You are my dark prince
My light
My lover my peace
Until next time

because you're not mine

The Sneaky Link