A̳f̳t̳e̳r̳ ̳M̳A̳R̳I̳'̳s̳ ̳d̳e̳a̳t̳h̳ HERO headcanons

Just realised that the blankets that KEL and HERO have, have the design of their headspace shirts, I'm so stupid ruvurvgrfrfhb

Warnings: Mentions of depression, thoughts of su*c*de, mentions of panic attacks, other stuff you might not like! Please stay safe <3

- I wanna give this man a hug, he deserves it :(

- HERO immediately falls into a depression after MARI's death, to the point where he basically can't function.

- He can't get up out of bed, he can't talk, he can't eat, he can't sleep, he can't even listen properly. Everything's just messed up.

- The only time HERO decides to stand up is when he has to use the bathroom, but even then that doesn't happen very often because he hardly drinks anything. 

- HERO feels as though life's moving too fast, he blinks and then it's already the next day, at least that's what it feels like. 

- Or sometimes days were really slow, there was no in between it's always too slow or too fast. 

- It's important to keep in mind that he's quite miserable about everything, he dislikes everything that isn't sleep and even then he doesn't like sleep because he doesn't want to wake up. 

- Every Time he wakes up after he's managed to fall asleep he's always a little disappointed that he's woken up, and that he'll have to deal with another day of his family nagging him...

- The only thing he consistently likes are the stories KEL tells him about his day, he knows that he doesn't really respond but he still likes to listen, especially if he's asleep, it adds to his dreams!

- HERO hates and appreciates what KEL does for him such as bringing him food when he needs it. It means something that KEL's going through the effort to do that but at the same time he just wishes KEL would leave him alone.

- Not because he dislikes KEL but because he feels guilty about not being able to do anything in return. He just doesn't have the energy. This guilt only adds on to his overwhelming guilt and HERO doesn't like it. 

- He's usually woken up by his mom who tries to get him to get up out of bed but HERO always ignores her, he's not in the mood.

- The only time HERO had left his room to not use the bathroom was once where he went into the kitchen to grab a drink.

- He regrets that day as he had made the mistake of looking out the window and seeing his brother having a panic attack in the backyard. HERO couldn't even process what was going on, why did KEL look so scared? Was he okay? HERO hadn't felt like that in a long time. He was going to go out and check on his brother when his mom came into the kitchen and made this big deal about finally seeing HERO out of bed.

- She ended up dragging him off to the living room to show his dad, who was also happy to see him up. They tried to talk to HERO but his mind kept drifting back to KEL and how he looked when he was in the backyard.

- Once they allowed HERO to go he looked out the window again but when he looked he saw KEL with his arms wrapped around HECTOR. KEL looked so empty... He looked just like HERO about an hour ago. But KEL ended up looking up and noticed HERO. A huge smile made its way onto KEL's face, though it was wobbly, like it wasn't real...

- HERO felt guilty about this afterward, he knew KEL had changed, and not in a good way. This only sent HERO further into his depression because he ended up wondering if KEL would end up like MARI. The sudden thought of MARI and losing his brother causing him to fall right back into the hole he was in, and losing any progress that he had made.