A̳f̳t̳e̳r̳ ̳M̳A̳R̳I̳'̳s̳ ̳d̳e̳a̳t̳h̳ SUNNY headcanons

- Let's go trauma club! :D

- SUNNY after MARI's passing was in shock about all that had just happened, he didn't know what to think or what to feel. But it didn't really matter since he blocked out all feelings anyway. 

- He remembers that BASIL had tried to tell him that everything was okay but he wasn't sure he could actually believe that.

- He wanted to believe it, he really did, but it just didn't seem right, he didn't feel like everything was going to be okay.

- SUNNY was really out of it, he almost stopped responding to people completely, sometimes the people who tried to speak with him often didn't even think he could hear them.

- Sometimes SUNNY didn't even think he could hear them, though he did, he just never knew what to say back. Was he supposed to say something back?

- He was awake a lot more than he would later be around the first week after. During this time headspace was starting to form and become a thing in his mind.

- He stayed in his room lots but would sometimes leave, though he never looked at the stairs, nor did he walk down them. He instead only really went into the bathroom. 

- SUNNY decided to look out the window that was next to the bathroom one day, despite the gut feeling he shouldn't and saw his dad chopping down the tree he and BASIL...

- His dad had even looked up at SUNNY, but the look his dad had on his face said anything but friendly. He looked like he was about to kill SUNNY. So SUNNY naturally got scared and ran back to his room. Hoping his dad hadn't actually noticed him.

- He tried to avoid his dad for the rest of the time he was there, and he wasn't very surprised to hear that his dad had left. Of course he felt a little bad hearing his mom break down into tears but he couldn't comfort her, he didn't want to get close to the stairs, let alone go down them.

-  He returned to his room, and just laid on his bed, staring at his ceiling, guilt slowly creeping into his mind. His dad wouldn't have left if MARI was still alive, his mom would've been okay. But now nothing was okay and it was all his fault.

- SUNNY found himself sleeping more everyday after that, but the sleep was nice, he enjoyed his dreams, they were a lot better than the real world.   

- One day his mother walked into his room to check up on him since it was around noon and he had yet to leave his room. When she walked in however he was still asleep, she decided it would be better to just let him rest, she knew he was tired. They all were

- This continues everyday, but she lets him sleep, because at night she heard him moving around in his room, so she knew he woke up eventually, that's all that mattered right?

- What he did in his room at night his mom had no clue and SUNNY couldn't even remember. Every time he woke up he was still mostly asleep, so when he did things it was his body moving on autopilot.

- SUNNY would go down the stairs, which was never something he'd do, but since he was basically not awake he did. He'd grab food that was in the fridge, eat it, and put the dish into the sink all without really waking up.

- He did this every single night so his mother stopped worrying after a little while. He was still eating, still using the bathroom, and still sleeping. Though she did notice that he started to smell after some time of doing this. But she couldn't really get anything out of him, so she knew that asking him to take a bath wouldn't have done anything since he would've just ignored her.

- His mom would leave the house more and more and he wouldn't even notice, too busy dreaming away. 

- It got to a point where she would leave for nights, so! She started to leave little sticky notes around for SUNNY so he'd remember to take care of himself. Of course she was unsure if he even read them but she hoped he did! At least sometimes.

- SUNNY didn't though, way too busy in his dream world to care about everything and anything else. Not like he was able to read anyway, not when he was basically sleep walking.

- There was one night, where he was a little more awake than usual. He remembers looking over at his computer and seeing the phone close to it. The red little light was blinking, what a weird little light he thought. But after re-adjusting and looking at the roof, another thought crossed his mind, where was he?

- This wasn't white space, nor was it neighbors room, or the playground. Those were the only places he knew, he didn't know this one. Why weren't his friends here? Where's MEWO? Where's MARI? He sat up, letting his legs hang off the bed, he felt so weak, a lot weaker than he normally felt. 

- He felt scared, and so alone. Where was MARI? He wanted MARI. But as soon as that thought of MARI being missing crossed his mind, he looked up and noticed SOMETHING. He didn't know what it was, or why it looked so familiar, but it was SOMETHING.

- It was just looked at him with that one big eye, like it wanted him to do something. But he didn't know what it wanted. What could he possibly do for that thing?! Why was he so scared of it? There was something off about it but he didn't know what!

- But it started to move closer, scaring SUNNY?. He was quick to hide underneath his blanket, seeing as it didn't have any hands he prayed that it wouldn't be able to lift up the blanket somehow. And it didn't. 

- He was worried that it would hurt him and yet, he felt as though it had already hurt him, but he couldn't remember when or how or even why. But he stayed hidden, seeing its shadow through his blanket. 

- SUNNY? was quick to fall right back asleep, and going back into his trance like state. Repeating the cycle all over again, the only difference was that now sometimes that thing, that SOMETHING would appear in his dreams and scare his friends. It didn't scare OMORI though, he wasn't scared of it at all, even if SUNNY was.

- Little did OMORI and SUNNY know that he'd be waking up again in just a couple of years, and that SUNNY would have to confront that thing, that SOMETHING.