A̳f̳t̳e̳r̳ ̳M̳A̳R̳I̳'̳s̳ ̳d̳e̳a̳t̳h̳ AUBREY headcanons

TW: Abuse

- Ohh! I'm gonna have fun with this one!

- AUBREY was completely taken off guard by MARI's passing, and she was immediately filled with grief.

- It wasn't as bad as what HERO went through but it was still pretty bad. 

- AUBREY had always been close to MARI, she was the only other girl in the group after all. MARI always seemed to know what to do to make AUBREY feel better, she was always there for AUBREY and now she was just gone. Like she never existed.

- It was heartbreaking for the poor girl to think that MARI had taken her own life. MARI had given AUBREY comfort when she needed it but MARI was the one who needed comfort. And AUBREY was too dumb to notice!

- She went through a period of self hatred only about a week or two after MARI had passed. Not only was MARI gone but all her other friends as well. SUNNY stopped showing up to school, along with BASIL.

- She hadn't seen HERO outside at all, and from what she heard he wasn't doing the greatest which she could believe. And she had no clue where KEL was. She was all alone.

- The situation back at her house didn't help. She loved to hangout with her friends because it gave her an excuse to leave her house, the place where her parents were always yelling and screaming at each other. 

- But now she had no reason to leave the house and she just wanted to lay in bed all day, not having the motivation to move or go anywhere. Which forced her to hear the two argue.

- AUBREY's mom didn't really care about MARI's death, telling AUBREY that she would get over it and pull through. AUBREY's dad didn't really care either, but he was a bit more supportive. Trying to give her comforting words and hugs..

- So she only had her dad, and then he left. One day she just woke up and he was gone. Nowhere to be seen. She wanted to ask her mom but she was a mess. Drinking, crying, sobbing, mess. AUBREY could not stay there, she knew that.

- So she left, and headed to the only place she could think of at the time. MARI's grave. Going there she talked to it as if it were MARI, as if MARI could hear her. She prayed that MARI could. She vented for hours to it, just sitting there on the grass. 

- This started something. AUBREY would continue to show up and talk to MARI's grave for years, informing her about what had happened, venting, asking how she was, so on. 

- AUBREY's mom's condition only seemed to get worse, she became more cold then she already was and now she was drunk almost 24/7. AUBREY tried to be there for her, just like MARI was there for AUBREY. But the only thing she got in response was her mom tugging at her hair, pulling her over the ladder that led to the attic which was AUBREY's room. 

- She screamed at AUBREY to go away, to never leave that room again, that she was a failure, nothing. That it was her fault that her father left, that MARI was gone. That her friends would never ever want to talk to her again.

- AUBREY had never been so scared of her mom, she was so scared in fact that she was trembling, she tried to climb up, to escape her mom's words. But since she was shaking she slipped and fell, hitting the back of her head on the floor. 

- Her mom just laughed, calling AUBREY a clutz, saying that she would never achieve anything in life if this was all she was gonna do. If all she was gonna do was fall. 

- AUBREY was crying, everything had been taken away from her just like that. Her friends, her dad, her mom. She scrambled back up the ladder as her mom scolded her for crying, but AUBREY wasn't listening, she just wanted to hide away forever, never ever leave attic again.