Chapter Two (Redone:July 2, 2023)

Sebastian, old friend

I don't think I have met a man as dumb witted as you. You found a woman who was smitten with you, who was ready to have something special with you and you left her. I can't fathom what went through your mind when you chose to leave to find Anne but I know it had nothing to do with love.

You haven't bothered to write, even an owl to say you were alive and well would have sufficed. Yet here I am picking up the mess you left behind. Did you ever think of how you leaving would affect Echo? Actually don't answer that because that answer would have been a no. You didn't think of her for a minute before leaving her. Do you even realize what you left her with? Aside from the emotional trauma of the one you love leaving after such an intimate night, you left her with child. Yours if you're still so dumb witted as to ask who's it belonged to.

I don't believe this letter will ever find you, nor do I expect you to come home after reading it even if it does. But I want to let you know that I'm stepping up. That baby will have someone to love them as well as their mother and it won't be the father Echo hopped for.

You're one sorry lot, Sebastian. Out of all the things you have done within the last year, this is your lowest.

If you ever come back, I pray that Echo doesn't love you anymore. I pray she finds someone who will love her no matter the circumstance. And I pray she and that baby find a real man that will take care of them the way you should have.

You're oldest friend,

Ominis Gaunt