Chapter Nineteen

For the following days after my group outing to Hogsmeade, any time I had left the castle ground I had begun to notice small occurrences where someone or something was following me. I would feel their eyes on me, watching my every move but each time I turned to look I saw no one around me. There were times though, when I was in Hogsmeade or exploring the surrounding Hamlets, that I would notice someone physically. At first I thought they were just being seen within passing, that was until I was at a constant for noticing them around. The Three Broomstick, Honeydukes, Gladrags, and so much more.

I had been followed all the way back from Hogsmeade and those watchful eyes stopped the moment I stepped on Hogwarts grounds. I made quick work of my trip into the castle, finding myself wandering off to the library since I had yet to see Sebastian since a few days before dress shopping. I missed seeing him and after being followed, I needed the safe space I had created with him.

Upon pushing open the library doors, I found myself searching the first floor for my Slytherin and when I didn't see him I went to search the second floor. I searched twice, coming up empty handed both times before searching the first floor again. He wasn't here at all, and the only other place I could think of was searching the restricted section. One disillusionment spell later, I was sneaking through the restricted section until I deemed it safe.

I stood fully, looking around and that's when I found the man. He was tucked in a desk flipping through a few different books. I stood there watching him with a soft smile on my face before managing to push myself forward and walking toward him.

"Sebby." I called in a soft voice.

His head shot up at my voice, body tense until he registered my face. "Love, what are you doing here?"

"Looking for you." I breathed.

"But I thought you were on a date with Ominis." He piped up causing me to frown. Had he still not realized that the two of us had split ways. I guess with the sour look on my face, it made Sebastian think something was wrong because the next thing I knew he was standing up and walking to me, reaching for me. "What happened? Did the two of you get into a fight?"

I shook my head. "No, I'm surprised you don't know."

"Know what?"

I shook my head again, turning from him. "Nothing, it doesn't matter. I didn't have a date tonight, I just wanted to check on you and see how you were fairing. Ominis said he really hasn't seen you in your dorm and I was getting worried."

"I'm fine, Love." He told me. "Are you sure you are? What aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing," I smiled softly at him, was it even worth telling him? "I got my dress this week, for the Yule ball."

I watched his expression falter. "You did? Save me a dance if Ominis lets you."

"I..." I took a breath. "Ominis can't determine who I dance with."

"But he's your-"

"We broke up on good terms a few weeks ago." I told him. "He had feelings for your sister and I already knew Anne had her own feelings for him. Ominis and I thought it would be better for us to go back to being friends rather than remain a couple."

Sebastain blinked a few times. "You broke up?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "I get to dance with whomever I wish. Also if you would like for me to save you a dance, it means you have to leave the library for a night. Or a few if you still need a suit."

"You haven't had anyone ask you now that you're free for the taking?"

"I've turned down Leander already, Garreth also tried to ask as a joke before asking me if that was the right way to ask out a girl so he could ask Natty." I hummed. "I think I was also asked by a few others as well as Duncain Hobhouse who I promptly shot down. As of right now, the one person I wouldn't mind asking me, has yet to. With the ball being two weeks away, I expect to go alone and spend what time I wish with my friends."