Chapter Five (Redone:July 2, 2023)

Ominis' smile was grand, his body in a rhythmic motion as he moved toward me to lift me from my spot on the ground. His hold was strong as he twirled me around where we stood. It was nearly one month now till the end of the sixth year and I had just given the man before me something he had only dreamed of, well aside from my own confession I had given him days ago.

"You brilliant beautiful women!" He laughed.

I giggled softly, shaking my head as I looked down at him. "I only made a suggestion, Omi." Though it was a lot more than that." "I honestly am surprised you haven't thought of it before."

As the twirling slowed and he had stopped, he had yet to place me on my feet as he spoke. "I had thought of it, but it's a bit more complicated when I'm blind. I'd have no idea what I'd be getting myself into. Would it be something run down? Or would I get scammed? I had thought of it all before and with your offer of helping me search, I hadn't truly given it a thought."

"We have plenty of room." Icarus started with a wide smile. "It may not be conventional but you can always come live with us. We rebuilt and renovated the castle just east of Feldcroft, we thought of doing the same to Isidora's old home but we decided to leave it as is. We chose to stay within the magical realm rather than the muggle world. Needless to say you are free to move in with us, though I will advise you that if you do then this relationship you and my sister plan to pursue needs to go without affectionate displays in front of me. I may like you but I rather not see my sister snogging her boyfriend."

I blushed a deep red knowing full well that my brother was talking about the earlier confession I had made to Ominis nearly two days prior after his own. But that aside, what Icarus said was true, we had the room for a third person. It would have been Christopher's bedroom when the summer started but I was thankful that void would be patched over if Ominis moved in. "Aside from his comment on our relationship, Sunny is right, you can come live with us. It would also mean it would give you time to adjust to living away from your family."

"I'd quite like that, thank you both." Ominis finally set me down, my cheeks heating more. "And it would give me the summer to spend with you as my girlfriend."

Though I was firmly planted on my feet, Ominis still held my waist and I held a hand firmly placed against his chest. I could feel his heart steadily beating beneath my touch and I was happy that for once he couldn't see how bright my face had become. It was at that moment that I knew I had made the right choice in telling the man of my feelings for him and my concern of feelings toward Sebastian. He had understood them all and accepted the possibility of Sebastian coming back and my feelings for him surfacing back.

***

It was well after midnight and I had settled against the willow tree just outside the house, it was a few feet from the lake that served as our forever backdrop. When it came to nights I couldn't sleep, I found myself coming out here and curling up under the tree. It was my safe haven, a place I felt comfortable when the ones I felt comfortable with were asleep. I had come out here on more than one occasion the summer I found out I was pregnant and was tired after a long day of looking for Sebastian. I had talked to Christopher until the moon hung low and I grew tired. It was also where I had buried part of Christopher's ashes, the other half buried next to Solomon's grave with a small inscription. I wanted Sebastian to be able to visit his son even if he and I weren't together and maybe someday he would learn of his late son.

It had been only a few weeks into our summer away from Hogwarts and I was beginning to have nightmares. Those nightmares weren't of made up fears, it was past events. It was the nightmares that surfaced for months after Ranrok's death, the horrors I faced with Icarus that day and more. Then there were new nightmares, the nightmares I had been having for months now. Losing Christopher wasn't the easiest to go through and though I may show otherwise on the outside, I battled with it every day. Those nightmares combined with the ones I had after Ranrok made for twisted horrors that lay waiting for me to close my eyes.