TWELVE. mama's boy

A BACHELORETTE party was something that Alexa had never thought about in her life

Maybe when she was twelve and had no concept of love and having no backbone, but she was almost 30 and was dating a man who had a child of his own.

It was enough for her right now.

But here Alexa was, standing in Carly and Harper's apartment as they held a bachelorette party for Ms. Benson.

She was getting married to Lewbert soon and this party was for her and her only.

She (Ms. Benson), had invited Alexa, Carly, Harper, Millicent, and her friend Danica over to celebrate her newest chapter of her life.

"Okay, Danica, spill the beans." Ms. Benson smiled, sipping her drink, "Where are we going for my bachelorette party, hmm? Burlesque seafood buffet in Reno?"

"The theme was going to be Trapped in a mine. You know, because marriage is a trap. But Carly vetoed my idea without so much as a petite rendezvous."

Alexa sighed, "Carly wants us to go to Ohio."

"Wait." Ms. Benson called, "Are we gonna be on my favorite TV show Toledo House Flip?"

"No." Carly answered, "But we are going to Party Like They Do on Toledo House Flip Experience." She smiled, "You know how gals go to New York to do the Sex and the City tours? So, it's gonna be exactly like that, except we're going to be "remodeling" a house in the Midwest. We're going to have so much fun. Placing succulents in corners, and choosing between zebra and giraffe wallpaper. And screwing in Edison light bulbs while drinking mimosas."

"So you changed the entire weekend on a whim?" Ms. Benson asked, "Classic Carly."

Alexa stepped forward, "Don't worry. Harper and I approved the itinerary... which means a lot to Harper."

"I'm the queen of bachelorette parties." Harper smiled.

"You've been a maid of honor before?" Ms. Benson asked.

"14 times. All featured in Bachelorette Party magazine."

"Self-published." Millicent muttered.