FOURTEEN. maybe... ido

THE IDEA of marriage never really crossed Alexa's mind

THE IDEA of marriage never really crossed Alexa's mind. She hadn't even imagined dating until she met Freddie.

For all of her life, it had been herself, Chase, and Della. The people she called family. Because that's all she knew.

But with Freddie, as gross as it was to her, she felt more at home than ever. He made her feel complete and loved in ways she never thought possible.

It almost scared her. She had never, ever seen a stable relationship in her life. Her parents were a no show all her life and the only two adult figures she had in her life were constantly dating, never settling down to be with anyone.

And though Alexa couldn't imagine herself getting married, she didn't hate it nor did she deny the fact that if she met the right person, she could settle down with him.

The only reason any of this was being discussed in her mind was because the wedding of Lewbert and Marissa was coming up very quickly.

Freddie, Alexa, Carly, and Harper were meeting with Ms. Benson's (Marissa) best friend Danica at the venue where the wedding was being held.

Out of the kind courtesy of her heart... and because she was dating her son, Alexa decided to help pay for the wedding. To her, it was like paying for a couple of CDs at the store.

"Just one question." Harper called, "Why are you wearing cargo shorts on your body?" Harper asked Danica.

"It's the maid of honor best Marissa made especially for me because I am her very best friend." She said, leaning towards Alexa and Carly.

Alexa gave a glance over at Carly before stepping away.

Freddie looked over, his brows furrowed as he made his way over to her.

"Hey, something wrong?" He asked.

Alexa sighed, "Do you really think your mom is going to love all this stuff? It's very... French."

"Marissa hate this?" Danica questioned, approaching the couple, "Wow, you don't know her at all. How embarrassing."

Soon, Millicent, Lewbert, and Marissa entered the building. Marissa gasping at the sight of the venue.