Chapter 13

I woke up alone. Caesar had to head back to the base so I was on my own. I was used to being alone during the day and night but after what happened yesterday I felt different. I really couldn't describe it. I felt almost fulfilled or maybe it was accomplishment or something around that.

I got up and stretched out my arms. This morning I was slower getting up. I pulled on a pair of shorts and a simple shirt before heading out to do my chores.

Once I stepped outside the summer heat hit me. After the rain I was welcoming to the heat but now I wished for the rain back. The sun wasn't even fully out yet and still the wind blew heavy heat through the countryside.

I walked down the steps and out to the back to feed the animals before going into the garden. As I watered and looked over my plants I noticed that my flowers grew taller. Some even showed the starting's of blooming while others just showed the bud. Even though my mood wasn't the best, this brightened up my day a little more.

I continued to water and even picked a few squash and zucchini that were ripe. I hummed my way through the day. When I finished watering I brought the freshly picked vegetables inside and then headed into the garage for the broom. I was finally going to sweep the deck. I hadn't gotten around to it after what happened last time.

Going through the garage I was careful to watch where I stepped. Once I had the broom I headed back out and began to sweep. Dust and dirt were pushed off the deck with the broom. I hadn't realized how dirty it was before.

As I swept I heard a car coming down the road. I froze and prayed it wasn't who I thought it was. But once I saw three jeeps coming down I relaxed a little more. I continued to sweep thinking nothing of it but it's when I heard the jeeps stop did I begin to worry again.

I looked up and watched as a door opened and out came Caesar. He was in full gear and a handgun hung at his waist. His vest hung tightly to his chest showing off his chest muscles. His pants hung loosely but with each step they tightened around his thigh muscles. To say he was hot would be an understatement. "Holy fuck," I whispered. My face grew hot as he walked up the porch.

"Flower," He greeted me. "What are you doing here?" I questioned taking his gloved hand in mine. "I'm going into the city for a little while. I'm not sure how long but as soon as I get back I promise I will be here." My heart broke at his words. "Ok," I leaned up and pulled his mask up a little.

His lips were soft on mine as I savored the kiss. He brought his hands around my waist as he pulled me closer to him. We only parted when I heard whistling and cheering in the back. The soldiers in the truck were cheering Caesar on.

I smiled a little. His face flushed a little. "I need to go." I kissed him once more. Before I pulled his mask back down. "I'll be waiting for you." I whispered. "I love you." I said as he took a step back. "I love you too, flower." With that he walked back down the steps and into the jeep. I watched as they raced down the road. The dust blew in the wind before settling.

Then I was alone again. Caesar was gone, my parents were gone. I had no one. I watched as the wind blew the tree leaves around before hearing my phone begin ringing. I quickly ran inside.

"Hello" I said into the phone. "Hey Amber, I'm just reminding you about tonight's dinner." Janet spoke loudly into the phone. "Shit," I said to myself. "Yeah what time again?" I asked rubbing my temples. "Around sixish." Her voice was excited and cheerful. "I'll see you then," with that I hung up.

The last thing I wanted to do was go out and have dinner with someone. Caesar left for I don't know how long, I just remet my parents and now this. "I need to though." I said to myself.