Chapter 15

I woke up to a weird noise outside. I sat up and moved Riley off my lap. I rubbed my eyes and looked outside. The sky was dark and the clock read 2:14 am. I groaned and got up. The record still played so I turned it off and put the record back into its casing. I felt groggy and to tired to really care about anything.

Riley snored on the couch with the tip of her tongue out. I walked through the house still in a sleep state. I turned the kitchen light off and walked to the front door. The door stood open leaving just the screen closed. A cold draft wandered into the house and I shivered a bit.

My eyes heavy with sleep as I closed the door, not even looking outside to see where the sound came from. I dragged myself into my room after turning the living room lights off. Before I could enter my room I heard the front door open.

I froze. Did I hear that right or am I just tired. I slowly walked into the dark living room, my eyes not adjusting. I turned the lamp on and squinted at the sudden brightness. There in front of me stood a very tired looking Caesar. In his hand he held a bouquet of red and pink roses.

His gear was still on but his mask was held in his other hand. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I didn't move nor did I speak. I thought I was dreaming or tired. I took him in.

"Miss me?" His voice was gruff and tired sounding. With those words I snapped out of my sleepy state and ran up to him. He quickly dropped his mask as I jumped onto him in a hug. I wrapped my legs around his waist and he supported me with his hand.

"I missed you so much." I said into his neck. He just hugged me back tightly and we stayed like that for what felt like forever, scared to let each other go. I moved my head back and quickly took his lips on mine. He kissed me back. The kiss was passionate and held two and a half weeks of loneliness.

When we finally pulled back he set me down before putting the flowers on the table. "I'm so sorry I never reached out or anything. I was so caught up in work I didn't have time and-" "It's ok" I cut him off. He looked at me with a worried expression. "I trusted you and knew you would come back to me." I whispered.

I saw him smile as his eyes lightened up. I yawned and rubbed my eyes a little. "Tired?" He asked. "Very," I laughed lightly. "You know what sounds good right now? Finally sleeping with you next to me." His eyes grew more tired looking at the thought of sleep. "I couldn't agree more." I walked with him to our room where he quickly changed into sweat and a shirt.

I got on my side of the bed while I waited for Caesar. Once he entered the room and laid next to me I felt his arms pull me close. He held me like I was going to leave him again. He kissed me before I snuggled into his chest.

"You don't know how much I missed you." He whispered. "Goodnight Flower, I love you." "I love you too." With that we both fell asleep.

Caesar never left my side for the next week. My flowers had begun to grow back and soon blossomed into the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Caesar and I finally had each other back. At the end of each work day Caesar returned home where we both would just hold each other closely.

I had finally found the one and Caesar had found his Flower.