Chapter 2

VISIONER

Visioner wasn't himself anymore. He didn't have the dark scales of a NightWing. 

He was a...RainWing- no. He had the colors of a RainWing, but no RainWing had two pairs of beautiful butterfly-like wings, or long, elegant antennae like insects.

Aha, Visioner realized. I'm a SilkWing.

And this SilkWing was female. She had scales of light pink, shades of purple, and even a glimmer of silver and blue that seemed to shift as she moved. And her name was Rose.

"Where is that useless dragon?" Rose whipped around to see a hulking figure she was absolutely terrified of in the darkness of the cave. She remained silent, terrified. She crouched further into the shadows.

"COME OUT THIS INSTANT BEFORE I BURN YOU INTO CRISP!" Destroyer roared. "WE HAVE COMPANY!"

Rose reluctantly emerged from the corner, her magnificent scales giving her away. Destroyer turned around, and smiled grimly.

"There you are," He said. "I want you to meet my dragonet.

"Say hello to Brightness."

Visioner opened his eyes with a gasp. He coughed as he choked on the sudden sound, and breathed in gulps for air.

"Woah, calm down!" Someone soothed besides him. Visioner sat up, and saw that it was Clay. "You had a seizure-thing. Tamarin and Anemone called me over. They're sleeping in the healing center right now. Are you okay?"

"Y- yes," Visioner stammered. "But- Brightness! She's gone! She's been kidnapped by De-" He shut his mouth quickly. 

"Who?" Clay asked. Visioner looked at him, terrified that he'd just revealed his and Brightness's locked-up secret.

"Visioner. Listen to me." The MudWing gently grasped Visioner's shoulders, and Visioner tried to flinch away, but his supported leg buckled. Clay set him up again. "No one is going to hurt you here, and we need to know what is happening, and what had happened, to save Brightness."

Visioner gazed into his warm amber eyes. I can trust him, He thought. And if I don't...I guess I'll need to live with it my entire life.

Visioner took a deep breath, and the words that had refused to come spilled out of his mouth like a waterfall.