Chapter 11

VISIONER

Visioner felt like throwing up. 

No. That was the understatement of the year.

He'd rather rip his own wings apart and fall off Jade Mountain than go back inside the cave of his nightmares.

Mink lightly brushed her wings with his, and Visioner felt strange as her cold scales made contact with his, although he felt less tense.

"It'll be okay," She reassured. "We'll just rescue Brightness and the other dragon."

"I wish," Visioner sighed. "But Destroyer won't just leave us to rescue them." He shuddered, thinking of what might happen. "He'll kill me," Visioner whispered. A flash of an image of Mink screaming as Destroyer raked his sharp claws across her chest made him falter slightly. Another vision, this time with Tamarin shrieking as Destroyer set wings alight. Vision after vision crowded his sight, and Visioner shook his head, trying to rid of the terrifying images. 

That was when he heard Mink shouting his name, and he realized that he was falling down, down, down, towards the hard, rocky ground.

Just before he crumpled to the ground, Visioner righted himself and flew unsteadily towards his friends. 

"I feel like we shouldn't be going to Destroyer's cave with your mentally unstable state," Anemone remarked, furrowing her eyebrows. Tamarin cast a concerned look in the direction where Visioner was. It was slightly unnerving to find that her eyes had met his, and he shivered as he looked into her blind gaze.

"There it is," Mink whispered, nodding to a narrow crack in the mountain. "The cave."

Visioner gulped, preparing to land.

I hope we all get out without getting hurt.

BRIGHTNESS

Brightness watched with hidden amusement as Destroyer stumbled over a rock that hadn't been there a moment ago- she had no idea where it had come from, of course- and almost snorted as he let out a growl as he accidentally stepped on a sharp twig (Which she definitely didn't enchant to be there). His frustration was like waves and waves of red, with a chalky aftertaste. She really hated that, but somehow, she enjoyed the feeling of Destroyer's frustration. The thought almost made her laugh out loud.

Oh, right. She could laugh now.

She only needed to wait for the right timing before the enchanted ropes around her mouth would fall away.

Not much longer, Brightness thought gleefully. A few more minutes, and I'll finally get to taste revenge.

Sweet, sweet revenge.