Chapter 36 Buying a Horse

He Zifeng's business has been good these days, not only their braised meat is selling well, but also Qiuyu's soy stewed pig's trotters have attracted repeat customers. Many people wake up early just to eat this bite.

Pig's trotters are cheap, but no one except them will put so much thought into matching this pig's trotter. Ten pig's trotters are sold every day, and soybeans are given away, but anyone who has eaten it is not bad.

This small stall can save seven taels of silver in one day, twenty-one taels in three days, plus the previous eight taels of silver, there are a total of twenty-nine taels of silver.

After inquiring, a small shop on the second floor with a backyard in the county costs two hundred taels of silver. If you buy this, you will have a tael of silver for the monthly rent, and you can leave it to your children in the future.

As soon as the stall was closed today, I saw that the waiter who bought their sauce pancakes every time brought a man in his forties over.

"Second brother He, this is from our shopkeeper." The shop boy came to buy it every day and got to know them all well.

He Zifeng said: "It's a pleasure to meet you."

Seeing that he was neither humble nor overbearing, the shopkeeper was very satisfied, and said: "I have eaten your sauce pancakes, and they are very good. The sauced pig's trotters are also delicious. You can make sauced big bones Is it?" He said, "To be honest, my family loves meat. I like to eat hand-picked meat, but the braised meat is not enjoyable enough. I heard a barbarian say that there is a kind of sauce and big bones in the north. It's very enjoyable."

Qiuyu said: "I can do it." His father used to like to eat big bones with sauce, and big bones are cheap.

It's okay not to mention the shopkeeper, but Qiuyu is a little greedy when I mention it.

The shopkeeper said: "I want to order 30 catties with you. If I can sell it, I will sell it in the store. If I can't sell it all, I will take it home and eat it." Many guests talked about buying sauce-flavored cakes, and some even introduced new customers to him.

The shopkeeper has tasted the sweetness, so he wants to make another special dish, and the inn will definitely become more popular. He had a cook who had worked in the shop for many years, and it was not appropriate to dismiss him, so he remembered He Zifeng's lo mei, and heard that He Zifeng didn't sell enough. It doesn't make any sense if there is less in the store. Thinking of the big bone sauce that Hu Shang said before, I came here to ask.

The shopkeeper said: "Look at how much a catty is. I'm also turning my hand now to make a little more money. If it's suitable, I want it all year round.

" Fee and firewood fee, said: "Fifty yuan a catty is enough." Like the things they set up in small stalls, they can't sell at a high price, and the same things can make about double the profit by changing their appearance in the store.

The shopkeeper said: "Success." In order to show sincerity for the first cooperation, he gave one or two half of the money in advance. The full amount was paid directly.

The shopkeeper left and the two of them finally closed the stall. Qiuyu said, "Let's order a big iron pot." The previous pot was obviously not enough.

He Zifeng hurried to the blacksmith's place to order an iron pot as big as his. It would take sixty catties of pig iron to make it. The labor cost plus the pig iron would cost two taels of silver, and it would take at least half a month to make it.

According to the rules, He Zifeng gave him a deposit of one tael of silver before leaving.

Qiuyu bought 50 catties of big bones and all kinds of pig offal. They went to the oil shop with two barrels of oil, and the weight was about the same when they came back.

Qiuyu felt sorry for He Zifeng and said, "Why don't we rent a carriage too." They would come to the county every day. The journey was too long and there were too many things. He Zifeng never let him suffer, but Qiuyu couldn't stand it anymore. I heard He Zifeng say that you can rent a horse before. Gouzi's father rented it.

If there are horses, the journey time can be shortened by at least half, so that you can sleep a little longer in the morning.

He Zifeng thought it was good when he heard it, so he temporarily stored the things in the car in the backyard he rented.

The two originally wanted to go to Yaxing, but when they inquired about the way, the other party heard that it was Maxing.

Take them to the cow and horse market.

There are many tall horses in the horse shop, and there are cattle sellers. The cattle can plow and work in the countryside. If anyone can raise cattle, he must be a wealthy family.

There are also some retail investors who sell their own cattle or horses.

More people sell than buy!

As soon as He Zifeng and the others arrived, they were enthusiastically held back by a man from a horse shop: "Brother, we have all kinds of horses here, come and take a look." The two of them looked around, and sure enough

some horses were very handsome. Some didn't even press the saddle and rein, and the horse looked rebellious.

The seller said that there are wealthy businessmen who like this kind of wild horses, and they tame them themselves.

He Zifeng asked about the price, which ranged from forty taels to one thousand taels.

He Zifeng spent one tael to set the pot, but the innkeeper gave one and a half of the full amount, and they had twenty-nine taels of silver in their hands. Ask if the horses here can be rented. Only then did the seller know that He Zifeng had found the wrong place, but it's been a whole day today, and this place hasn't opened yet. They said they couldn't rent it out, but let him have a look at the donkey. You can buy it for ten taels of silver. There are also mules. The stamina of a better mule is almost thirty taels.

The quality of horses in the county town is also the strength of the horse shop. My horses look thin and weak, and they don't look like they can work.

Knowing that he had found the wrong place, He Zifeng could go to Yahang to rent it, but he changed his mind after coming here.

After all, the rented horse is not his own, and since he came here, it is God's will.

He Zifeng looked at a tall gray and white horse in the corner, and several other horses were placed in one room. Only here is an exception, it is a single room. But the blood is pure and the bones are very good. It looks like a descendant of a good horse.

"How much is this horse?" He Zifeng asked.

When the people in the horse shop saw the horse, there was a look of love and hatred on their faces, and they said, "If you want, just thirty taels." Before He Zifeng could ask, the people in the horse shop said: "I won't hide it from you. I collected this horse from a young man. The price I collected was thirty taels of silver. I didn't know how much good food I had in the middle, so I didn't count it. This horse is more than one year old. My pony is too hot-tempered, and several of the grooms were kicked and injured." The more he thought about it, the more angry he became, and he paid the client a lot of money for medicine.

Originally, he wanted to make a lot of money from this horse, but he lost everything. After hearing about it, people in the county didn't want the horse. Even if those people from other counties fall in love with each other, they won't be able to pull them away. A good horse has become a hot potato.

When He Zifeng heard this, he said, "Let me try." Then he approached the horse and lightly touched the top of the horse's head, but the horse didn't spray him, but gently pressed its head against his hand.

Everyone in the horse shop was surprised at this scene: "I heard people say that horses are born to recognize their masters, but I still don't believe it. Now it's true." Who, who would want to have the opposite temper with He Zifeng.

He Zifeng took the horse out for a few laps, and the horse obediently walked beside him, and He Zifeng rode on it for two laps, the horse ran very steadily.

He Zifeng also fell in love with this horse.

Bargaining with the people in the horse dealer, the people in the horse dealer regretted that the money was less. Not a penny is given. In the end, it was He Zifeng who took out all the money, twenty-nine taels, and the people from Ma Xing only agreed when they saw that he really couldn't take out any more. I'm afraid of missing this owner, and I don't know when it will be bought next time.

He Zifeng ordered two more packs of horse feed, asked about the care of the horse, and then led the horse away. I just think this horse is the most majestic horse in the whole horse line. It is named Qinghua, and then it is put on a cart.

He Zifeng can drive, and the horse is very fast, much better than them walking.

On the way, Qiuyu said: "If Ranran sees blue and white flowers at home, I will be happy." The child doesn't know who he followed, but he likes these animals.

"Next time we will pick him up in blue and white." He Zifeng said. Once you have a horse, you can do everything easily. As soon as they arrived in the village, many people saw He Zifeng's tall horse and said, "Hey, where did this come from?" They

all knew that He Zifeng and the others set up small stalls, but everyone didn't know how much they could earn. It is the wisdom passed down from the ancients to not show their wealth. He Zifeng only said it was rented!

Even if it is rented, it has attracted the envy of many people.

He Zifeng took the horse home, tied it in the yard, and fed him some water and fodder.

He Zifeng asked the carpenter in the village to convert the cart into a carriage for him, so that it would be more convenient to pull goods and carry people. He Zifeng wanted it urgently, and it took five carpenters to work together to complete it in one day, which cost one tael of silver. He Zifeng first paid the bill on credit, and promised to give it to them tomorrow, and the carpenter here started work.

As soon as He Zifeng got home, he heard some sisters-in-law talking loudly: "You don't know, Wan Hai is back!"

Liu sister-in-law said: "It is said that the county government found him innocent, but he is really to blame for this matter. Liangzi extorted money from him and threatened him with his son's future, which made him lose his head for a while."

After all, death cannot be brought back to life, so Liang Ziniang can only do it no matter how dissatisfied she is. Fortunately, Wan Hai was not as stubborn as before. He admitted that he accidentally hurt Liang Zi, and knelt down to apologize, which comforted Liang Ziniang.

Sister-in-law Xu added from the side: "He even knelt down and kowtowed three times to Liangzi's mother."

He Zifeng didn't say much, but Qiuyu who was at the side couldn't hold back anymore, and said, "Can Liangzi's mother forgive him?" "The county government hasn't sentenced him, so

what can everyone say? , and Wan Hai's mother also died because she went to the county this time, so she changed her life." Sister-in-law Xia Hua said.

When Wan Hai came back this time, he was very saddened to hear that Xiao Wan's family also died because of this time.

It is said that Wan Hai changed his temper this time, not only went to his father-in-law's house to bring his daughter-in-law back, but also knelt in front of He Donglai in front of the whole village, saying that his mother was not there, and that he also recognized He Donglai as his father, and would be filial to him for the rest of his life .

This can be regarded as an important promise, it can be seen that it has really changed its mind.

He Zifeng said: "I don't care what he wants to do, as long as he doesn't make any fools in the future!" When

Wan Hai came back, everyone in the village was appreciating his words and deeds. Anyway, he really learned his lesson this time. I put myself very low.

The author has something to say: The exchange rate in the article: one thousand copper coins equals one tael of silver!