Chapter 63 Unexpected Money

He Zifeng successfully became the deputy head arrester, and everyone at the gate of the yamen took the initiative to court him.

Those who walked out of his team blushed with shame when they saw He Zifeng again. They didn't give He Zifeng any face by leaving in the first place. No matter how big a person is, they can't let go of this matter, for fear that He Zifeng will hate them.

Everyone wanted to win over Pancake and Xie Rui, and wanted to say something nice.

But they didn't even lift their eyelids, and they said: "What were you thinking about!" Just for a tael of silver, not a tael of silver every month, but a tael of silver for a whole year. It can make them shake. It can be seen that all the good things they have done to them on weekdays have been fed to the dogs.

After He Zifeng heard about it, he took the initiative to find them: "I didn't take that matter to heart." With this sentence, they felt a little relieved.

He Zifeng became the fourth in command of the county government, not only them, but even those merchants who often go to the county government are eager to establish a good relationship with him!

Among them is Wan Hai.

He Zifeng hadn't seen him for a long time, and he couldn't recognize him at first glance. He's almost out of shape. Those who didn't know thought that the Gong family didn't give him food.

When Wan Hai saw He Zifeng walking through the crowd in bright clothes, he even felt a bit ashamed. He didn't think highly of He Zifeng before, but now he has climbed on his own head, and he was devastated by this mentality.

The Gong family heard that He Zifeng was Wan Hai's brother before, so they quickly asked him to come over to make connections. He said he didn't want to, and was scolded by the third elder brother who was in charge of the family.

Such a proud person like Wan Hai, how could he be willing to be said so, and he became angry.

When He Zifeng saw Wan Hai, he said to Xie Rui and the other yamen servant brothers beside him, "You guys go to the bar first, I won't go."

Xie Rui and the others are also clever people. When they saw Wan Hai and then He Zifeng, they knew that they had something to say, so they left first.

He Zifeng said: "What's the matter?" Although Wan Hai had never bullied him before, he silently allowed his mother to bully others. I thought I would hate him very much, but when I got a high status, I suddenly felt that Wan Hai was not important at all, and became a person who didn't care.

Wan Hai pulled out a smile uglier than crying, and said, "Congratulations." Who would have thought that a man who came out of a corner in the countryside would have a day of official food.

Such a good fate, why can't he get it?

He Zifeng said, "Thank you, how are you doing?"

Wan Hai has been strongly out of place since he came to the county. He has changed from a proud farmer to an illegitimate child who is despised by others. All the servants of the Gong family look down on him, and he still humbly begs for a little money. The business has never been done, and the people next to him don't understand him. He wanted to tell He Zifeng about these troubles.

Such words have been suppressed in his heart for too long, and he felt that He Zifeng would understand him if he said it. But when the words came to his lips, he swallowed them abruptly. He was afraid of being laughed at: "I'm fine." After speaking, his mouth was full of bitterness, and he still insisted: "You don't have to worry about food and clothing over there. I can eat half a basket of crabs the size of a palm, and there are bear paws and bird's nests on the table."

He Zifeng said, "Yeah."

Wan Hai said, "After all, we are also brothers, and we can't forget our childhood friendship like this. "

He Zifeng said: "You, He Fan, and He Tong are blood brothers. If life is going well, you should go back and have a look." After all, the two of them have admired Wan Hai since they were young.

As for them, they have been opposite since childhood. Whether it was before or now, the relationship has not been good. Being able to stand here and talk is already a longing for old love.

Wan Hai frowned and said: "Oh, I also have difficulties, I have other things to do." After speaking, he fled in despair, even forgetting to give He Zifeng the four boxes of gifts he was carrying.

When Wan Hai left, Xie Rui came out of nowhere. He is more curious than others. I like to ask around about these things. I still heard about the relationship between He Zifeng and Wan Hai from the yamen servant brother: "Does he understand the rules? How can he take back something he gave away?" After speaking, he looked down on him: "No wonder their old

man Four, I asked him to kneel down to shine shoes last time."

He Zifeng said, "Where did you hear about it?" He always has more gossip like this than others.

Xie Rui said: "It's all said by the servants of their family." The Gong family has eight sons. Although the Gong family has a big business, but there are too many heirs, the property will be divided into everyone's hands. Now there is another person who snatched something from them, so he was naturally targeted.

Although Wan Hai was incompetent, he refused to be humiliated, so he beat Gong Lao Si up. This time, it stabbed an ant's nest. Gong's family used the family law, but they were dealt with in front of the servants. They were really ashamed to see others.

He Zifeng said: "Since I'm not happy living here, why can't I leave?" He didn't quite understand either, if it was left on him, he would rather live a hard life than suffer from such idleness.

Xie Rui said: "Their three children have already recognized their ancestors and returned to their ancestors. No one stopped them if they wanted to leave, but the children returned to the Gong family. The Gong family heard that they are doing well in school, so they have high expectations. After all, there is nothing in their family. Scholars, they can't leave for the sake of the children. Otherwise, they will leave and the children will be left alone."

He Zifeng was also dumbfounded when he heard that. Sure enough, there was a price for them to get Wan Hai out of prison. The price is that his children have to test their fame in exchange for their family status in the Gong family. Think about it, all the expectations are on the child, it is very suffocating.

He Zifeng didn't go to drink with them, but went back to find Qiuyu. He was already the fourth in command of the county government, and he had more ways to get money. In addition, the merchants gave gifts and filial piety, the dividends from Lingshan Village, and the county magistrate asked the accountant to give it. There are two hundred taels in one piece. He just wanted to buy a house in the county government.

After leaving the morning market, Qiuyu was waiting for them in the small backyard they rented.

He Zifeng went over and looked at Qiuyu. It was a good idea to rent this small backyard before, but it has been a long time. But it's not enough. Qing Hua is suffocating here. He Zifeng said: "Let's go and buy a big yard. You can rest in the county on weekdays." The

county government has a small amount of land and a lot of people. Ordinary poor people live in rows of small houses without yards. Places with courtyards are either more expensive to live in, or the ones next to the rich are very expensive.

Qiuyu said: "Success." Then the two of them went to the shop together to have a look, and they had just entered the shop. I saw the person in charge smiling like a flower, and said: "Where is the wind coming from, did it blow to Master He?" He Zifeng said: "I just came here to take a look.

"

"Master He, do you want to use the house or the people? I'll ask them to bring out the best ones for you to have a look at." Yaxing also sells some coolies or servants. It is nothing new in the county for a well-to-do family to buy a few people to work.

Then she saw Qiuyu and said, "Your Madam is really good-looking. I heard that Mrs. He has a beautiful woman. Today, I saw her like seeing a fairy." Qiuyu has never heard such a compliment, and she doesn't

know how to respond.

He Zifeng interrupted the steward's compliment, and said, "I just want to find a house with a big yard. See if there is any suitable one."

When the manager heard that He Zifeng was talking about business. He hurriedly withdrew his flattering heart, and said repeatedly: "Yes." Because I introduced it to He Zifeng, I didn't dare to introduce it too badly. "Mainly introduce two sets of houses.

Said: "The house on the left is the house of Zhang Xiucai's family. All three of their brothers were admitted to the scholar early. I had to sell my ancestral house because I was going out to study. Their house has a good charm and supports people! A family of three scholars, come to get a taste of the reading spirit in the house, and even if they don't have all, they can produce a scholar. "They bought this house and waited to sell it at a high price to make a fortune.

Although the house is not very good, people in the county are superstitious, and the price they received was one hundred and twenty taels. The small courtyard house with two entrances has been seen outside, and the bid has reached 240 taels. It has more than doubled. But they are still not satisfied. They plan to last for a while and sell it for 300 taels easily.

A house can be sold for the price of a shop. The original owner is too proud.

He Zifeng is not the same in the county now, and he has some ears to tell the gods, saying: "Is this house the Gong family's favorite? "Gong's family is a big family in the county, and half of the street is theirs. Being able to fall in love with this place is probably due to the Feng Shui here, and also wants to have a scholar in the family. Although the house of the shopkeeper has not been sold, it is sold

to Anyone can do it. But he can't compete with the Gong family for this apartment. Besides, he obviously wants to increase the price of this apartment. He Zifeng just wants to have a place to rest in the county town, and he feels that it is not worthwhile to spend a lot of money.

Upon hearing this, the shopkeeper said, "Why don't you look at something else. "

Then introduced a few more sets, next to the county magistrate's house, which is where the big families in the county gather together. There are too many people talking, and he doesn't like the elders of the east family today, and the short ones of the west family tomorrow. He Zifeng refused one after another

. He bought two. The person in charge was sweating a little. Those who didn't know thought he wasn't dedicated enough. He racked his brains to think of another good house that met his requirements. A sudden flash of inspiration really reminded him of one.

After thinking for a while, he said: "I don't know if Master He is taboo or not, but I still have a house, but..." He was a little embarrassed to say.

However, He Zifeng was aroused by his appearance, and said, "Let's go and have a look." Then they went to a house, which was very close to the morning market where they had street stalls, and it was a very spacious house. , there is also a stable inside.

He Zifeng took a look and found that the houses were built with high-quality gold bricks. The round wooden roof is very particular, and there are both main and wing rooms, as well as a stable in the backyard.

The house is big enough, the location is good, and there are three floors of cellars underground. It was intended to be a wine cellar, but it is said that the owner of the house loves to drink.

But as soon as the house was completed, the owner of the house met bandits and died outside, and then his son and woman were driven out. The house was sold at a discount of two hundred taels when the hostess was still there. They spent nearly three hundred taels for this house. The bricks and tiles were all brought back from other places, and celebrities were invited to design, and thought was put into everything.

They took it back because they wanted to make a lot of money. But the rich man in the county shook his head when he heard about it, saying that the former owner's family was ruined, and it must be because he didn't choose a good date when he built the house. I don't know who said this word, and it has never been sold again.

Even Yaxing felt unlucky.

It's really good to build a house, but rich people don't buy it too much. They have money, and they can't buy a house anywhere.

There are also courageous ones, but they have no money to buy them. Even if the house is sold at a loss, it will cost at least one hundred and fifty taels. Whether high or low, a new house wasted in their hands.

Ya Xing didn't want to introduce to He Zifeng at first, he is now the new fourth in command of the county government, and the people in charge are afraid that he will think too much. But seeing that he really didn't like it, he took out the house.

Take He Zifeng to watch it once.

He Zifeng was indeed quite satisfied. But he can't make a decision right away. He said to the manager: "Why don't you leave the key, I'll ask a few friends to have a look here, and I'll give you an answer within two days." The

manager of the Yahang readily agreed, anyway, he couldn't sell the house , Said: "Success, then you should study it carefully. If you buy this suite, I will not charge you a commission."

Then the manager left.

He Zifeng said to Qiuyu, "How is it?"

Qiuyu liked it very much. It was the first time he saw such a well-decorated house with carved beams and painted buildings. As for the taboo point of the owner's death, he didn't care at all.

In the village, birth, old age, sickness and death are normal. Besides, people die outside but not inside. This is a new house. Almost half the price. The house built by their family in the village cost twenty taels, which is already considered very good, but it is completely incomparable with this one.

Rich people pay attention to everything, new and strange. Even the tiles on the roof were made of colored glaze, which made him amazed.

But after seeing this house, I realized that the house can still be so extravagant.

Moreover, there is a well in the yard, iron pans in the kitchen, Western-style beds and a kang in the house. The books in the study are all new, including pens, inks, papers and inkstones.

The former owner of this house wanted to build a good house and live in it for a long time. Everything is built according to the best. There is even a small piece of land reclaimed in the backyard. Fields are not rare in the village, but there are many villains in the county, so it would be a bit of elegance to have a piece of land.

He Zifeng then went to the cellar to check, but there was nothing here. But it still made him a little suspicious. Do ordinary people need such a large cellar? If it is really like what Yaxing said, he is trying to pretend to be wine. That thousand catties is not enough for him to pretend.

When He Zifeng went to one place, he found that the color of the soil there was different from other places. It's also fortunate that he grew up in the village before, and has a deep understanding of soil. Most people would definitely not notice such small details. He Zifeng brushed off the soil, found a small shovel and dug about half a foot, and felt that something was buried underneath. He Zifeng opened it and saw that there was a pickle jar inside, and there was golden gold hidden in it.

He Zifeng immediately took out the gold, and then told Qiuyu about it. Qiuyu was also a little shocked, and took out the gold, which was almost fifty taels.

He Zifeng then went out to ask Xie Rui, and he always knew about the private affairs of rich people.

As soon as he mentioned the house, Sherry knew it. Said: "Brother He, you want to buy this house. That house was built for a year and a half at the time. It's just that the location is not very good. I guess he wanted to be quiet in the midst of the hustle and bustle." It was too close to the street where goods were sold. people find it noisy.

He Zifeng said: "I heard them say that the Feng Shui of this house is not very good. What's going on?"

Xie Rui said: "Don't listen to those, it's just rumors spread by everyone. The original owner is Zhang, and it's the He family's grace The family who went out was born a servant, and the whole family worked for the He family who sold salt. As a result, after he went to sell salt, the huge sum of money he carried on his body was said to have been robbed by bandits. He was the only one who came back. The people of the He family investigated. I know, everyone was killed by him. He just wanted to swallow the money. It's not a good business for the He family to sell salt. If they can't recover, they will kill him. Her wife and children are afraid of being retaliated by the master's family , That's why I sold the new house and ran away."

The reason why Xie Rui inquired so clearly is because he also thought about buying this house back then, but was delayed because of some things. Just leave it there.

This is the case with big things like houses, the more sought-after they are, the easier they are to sell. This house like this one won't be sold for a few years. Everyone's desire to buy has also faded. Xie Rui said to He Zifeng: "The people in Yahang care how much you charge?"

"One hundred and fifty taels." He Zifeng said.

Hearing this price, Xie Rui's eyes lit up, and he said, "It's suitable. Last time I asked, it was still one hundred and eighty taels." For example, Xie Rui is the young master of a wealthy family, and he has studied the house more deeply.

Since he knew how much effort he had put into building it, he also talked about the murdered Zhang Hu to He Zifeng, saying: "This man is not greedy enough. They have released him as a slave and paid him to build such a building." Good house. Is there anything else I'm not satisfied with."

He Zifeng thought for a while. It is estimated that the man did not expect the matter to be revealed so quickly, and no one told anyone about his money. Now that people are dead and souls are scattered, it is cheaper for him. The person who was in the shop took people to see the house so many times, but no one came to see the empty cellar. Who would have thought there were good things hidden in the cellar.

Fifty taels of gold, combined with silver, is almost five hundred taels of silver.

When He Zifeng heard that there was nothing wrong with the house, he went directly to Yaxing, saying that he had bought it, and Yaxing was also very happy, and changed the name on the land deed. From now on, this place will soon become their property, and He Zifeng directly asked someone to replace all the front and rear door locks with new ones.

Then the key was handed over to Qiuyu.

The two simply cleaned the courtyard. Then the small backyard that was rented before was rented out. They can come to this yard to rest in the future.

He Zifeng then carried the jar of gold back to the carriage. Outsiders can't see it mixed in the utensils they make.

On the way home, Qiuyu felt a little nervous and a little excited, seeing gold for the first time, it was so golden that it almost dazzled her eyes.

He Zifeng said: "This money will be left for my son to study in the future." Anyway, they have the money for food and clothing now.

It is said that studying is very expensive, but now it is just an elementary school, and it costs two taels of silver a year. In the future, I need to buy some pens and ink, books, and go to a good academy. These count down to more silver.

Qiuyu nodded.

When I got home, I gave all these things to Qiuyu. Qiuyu hid a place. Only then did he become solid.

He Zifeng only spent one hundred and fifty taels of silver to buy the house, and left fifty taels of silver.

I have been busy with the autumn harvest recently, and the weather is getting cooler. Some cold hands when washing dishes. He Zifeng felt sorry for Qiuyu and said, "Don't do that small business." In the past, it was necessary to do it because the family lacked money. But it is different now, there is really no shortage at home. It was only this year that Qiuyu and him started to live a better life. In the past, when Qiuyu went to work in the cold winter months, she had chilblains on her hands. It takes a few years to grow well.

Qiuyu took He Zifeng's hand and said, "I know you're good to me, but I can't sit still. I heard people say that if you make some money by accident, you have to donate it to the gods and Buddhas. I think the gods and Buddhas probably also look at it." No. How about doing some good deeds, so I have something to do."

He Zifeng said: "What do you want to do?"

Qiuyu said: "Open a porridge shop. "His father was not a local before. He was so hungry a few times when he came here. He survived only by relying on the porridge from the rich. He kept it in his heart. This is also a matter of accumulating virtue and doing good deeds. He Zifeng said:

" I know you have a good heart. OK, I'll do it right away. "

Qiuyu blushed, a little moved. He only took out the money he had eaten, and only He Zifeng would do this. Qiuyu leaned gently in He Zifeng's arms. He Zifeng hugged the

person with one hand, and said: "Ming I'll let Shuanzi collect the food. "Now all the villages have paid taxes. This year is a bumper harvest year, and there is a surplus of grain harvested.

The more abundant the harvest, the cheaper the grain price. Generally, the people who harvest the grain have not yet come. After a month or so, the price will increase. It's getting cheaper and the grains are getting drier.

When Shuanzi heard He Zifeng's words, he was full of energy. Since he did this for He Zifeng, he has become a famous person in ten miles and eight villages. Collecting grain is a big deal. He asked his two brothers to go together to save people from saying that not everyone in the village is simple. .

The price of food is three Wen, all of which are new food collected this year. He Zifeng wanted Chen's rough grain for two cents.

You can collect a thousand catties a day. He Zifeng sorted the grain well, and what he wanted was finely ground grain.

Take it over to dry in the sun, then put it in the carriage, carry two or three bags every time you come, and put it in the cellar. By the way, go to Yaxing to buy a big shop, the location doesn't have to be good. But the place needs to be large, and there must be a place for the canteen.

The manager of Ya's Bank found a big place for him in the south of the city. It was originally a dining hall, but it closed due to poor management. The upstairs and downstairs can accommodate forty tables. Even tables, chairs and benches are ready-made. It was twice the size of the shop he had been extorted by the landlord before. The price is the same as the shop I bought before, two hundred and forty taels.

He Zifeng first gave the fifty taels in hand, and the remaining one hundred and ninety taels of IOUs. I plan to replace the gold with thirty taels, and I will have one hundred and ten taels left over to make up the IOUs, which is enough to stockpile food.