Chapter 80 Sauerkraut Soup

The county brought the livestock back and slaughtered them. Pork, chicken, duck, and goose meat don't need salt, and once buried in the snow, they will be frozen in less than two hours.

Now the roads are blocked by heavy snow, and supplies are cut off everywhere. Fortunately, their county magistrate arranged in advance, and everyone saved some food, but it is not as easy as before to eat meat.

This time the pig was killed, even the pig's blood, which is usually the most despised, was kept. Eggs and various seasonings were added to it, steamed, cut into pieces, and the pig's blood cake was stewed with sauerkraut without any fishy smell.

He Zifeng presided over the sauerkraut cooking this time. Use a huge pot, which is said to be a large iron spoon used in marching. No one can stir it up, and it takes three or four people to hold a shovel as big as a shovel to keep the pot from sticking. Boiled a pot of sauerkraut, blood sausage and white meat. The county has its own tofu shop, and more than 200 pieces of frozen tofu were frozen in advance and poured in batches. The cauldron was boiled for several hours. When it is cooked, take it out, and then put the new one in, so that it cooks quickly.

Even the county magistrate didn't eat at home, waiting to eat this big pot of rice.

Soon a bowl of steaming hot stew was served, just smelling the taste made his eyes light up. The county magistrate steamed the rice in his small kitchen, and he picked up a piece of pork blood cake, which tasted tender and slippery. Add some sauerkraut. It is said that more than a dozen cooks worked all night yesterday. Crunchy and sour, the appetite is whetted, and I immediately pick up some rice.

After taking this bite, I still want to take another bite.

The magistrate of the county picked up another piece of frozen tofu. The frozen tofu in the county is made of old tofu. It looks like a honeycomb, with sour soup hidden in it. After eating it, it will be filled with a big mouthful of rice immediately. It is enjoyable.

Big pot dishes are not as exquisite as small stoves, but they are more appetizing than small stoves. It was snowing one after another, and the county magistrate's heart seemed to be shrouded in a layer of fog. I haven't been in the mood to eat for several days, and today I've been craving this fragrance since I came to the Yamen. I couldn't stop eating, and by the time my stomach felt full, I had already added more food three times.

Even the sauerkraut soup with rice and a few chili peppers in soy sauce, he felt that he could eat another bowl.

Too much to eat.

The soy sauce chili was brought by He Zifeng, and he brought it for himself at first. But these yamen servants always rubbed against his side dishes. No way, he took a small jar and saw the bottom in two days, the spicy and crispy feeling was very good. I heard that those yamen servants are going to pay for it, so I want him to buy it.

He Zifeng took another jar, saying that he didn't make much at home. Now the yamen servants are not willing to eat, and there is a limit of two peppers per person. Not allowed to take more, Zhu Butou told the county magistrate as a joke, but the county magistrate was actually interested. I also made some chili pickles to eat in a decent way. Who knows that once you eat, you can't stop.

If there is no pepper to add some salty and hot taste in winter, it always feels like something is missing.

If he had known that the county would pay for it, he would have stocked up on a few tanks. The county magistrate knew that He Zifeng had the talent for making things, so he made the sauerkraut stew at the gate of the yamen this time. Sure enough, it did not disappoint. The magistrate of the county didn't let me throw away the small half pot of sauerkraut soup left at noon!

Now that there is a shortage of food, as the county magistrate, he can't waste it, and he also likes to eat it. It's a pity that I don't have a big appetite, otherwise I can eat again.

He Zifeng presided over the stew, even the magistrate who is used to seeing good things likes it, let alone the yamen servants. Since it has been snowing here one after another, the way to deliver goods outside has been cut off, but the restaurants are closed. Nowhere to buy food.

The vegetables stored in winter are either radishes or cabbage, and they are eaten every day, even if they are cooked by a culinary master, they will already get tired of eating them. This sauerkraut stew is just right. All of these people were like pigs stuck into the trough, and they ate their heads not too blindly.

The steamed buns that the cook made for them were supposed to be served in the morning and at noon, but they ate them all in one meal. I heard early that this time it was for snow removal. Tofu workshops, cutting shops, and delivery in poor villages.

The master who usually takes one or two taels of silver as improper money, now has a little instinct to protect food, so he is afraid that they will not be able to eat if it is distributed. It's been so long since I've had a weak mouth, it's rare to eat something that suits my stomach.

He Zifeng watched his brothers come over and asked, "Don't worry, it's enough." The big iron pot has been cooking. There is still a large pot of sauerkraut that has not been stewed, and there are a lot of frozen tofu. The pork blood cake and white meat are gone, but you can throw in some pork bones to add freshness. If the fire in this big pot keeps on adding vegetables, it can cook for three to five days.

The yamen servants beamed with joy when they heard He Zifeng's words.

The yamen servant next to him laughed at him: "It's just so promising. In the past, didn't you say that the food in Juxian Building was not delicious. Now a bowl of stew makes you so fragrant?

" He didn't care, and said: "You are not the same."

People who can be friends have some similarities, and they are not the same, so don't laugh at each other.

After eating so full in the morning, I felt lazy all over my body, very comfortable, and even a little drowsy.

Now that they have staff under them, they are not as busy as before. But it's strange to say that they always wanted to be idle before, but they still can't be idle now. Still do some work down-to-earth.

Everyone used to call them officials, but seeing them is like hiding from the plague. Wherever they go now, there are ordinary people sending wild vegetables to them, thank them!

This is a feeling that has never been felt before, and they are very proud to wear the clothes of the government servants.

Even that coward Sherry straightened up now. This kind of change didn't even realize it, but it actually happened.

After a while, the sauerkraut stewed in vats and big bones was distributed to various places.

"Oh, really give it?"

"I smelled it in the morning, it smells so good."

"It's in charge, I have a 60-year-old mother at home, can I not eat it and take it home?" This is a delicious dish that money can't buy .

The person in charge said: "Okay."

Everyone was even more happy, taking this dish home, adults and children were happy.

...

In the yamen, the yamen servants approached Zhu Butou and asked him to assign work. Zhu Butou was busy talking to the county magistrate and the merchants below, so he had no time to care about this, and said, "Ask He Zifeng." So the yamen servants

all Come to He Zifeng.

He Zifeng said: "If it's okay, why don't you sell sauerkraut soup along the street. It costs a penny a bowl." Put less sauerkraut, add more soup, buy a bowl to taste, this is the base of bone soup, with bone marrow oil Yes, it tastes not greasy but also nourishing.

So that the poor people in the county can also taste the taste, and the sauerkraut soup is easy to boil. One pot and one pot come out very quickly.

When the yamen servants heard this, they said: "Success." Then several people pushed the cart with four buckets of sauerkraut soup on it. went out and sold.

Since it snowed, money was worthless. The county magistrate tried his best to restrain prices, but some people still saw a slight increase. A penny can't buy anything.

It cost only a penny to drink the soup of the same style as the county magistrate, and received great enthusiasm. In an alley, four barrels of sauerkraut soup were sold out. The alley next to them asked if they could buy some from them. A few yamen servants blushed from the cold, but they were in good spirits: "Sell." As long as people in the whole city don't dislike it, they

can drink the first bowl of sauerkraut soup in winter.