Chapter 83 Quietly in the Night

He Zifeng went back and told his family, and then took them to the county government.

The old mayor's son didn't expect He Zifeng to agree so quickly and quickly, the words of gratitude were choked in his throat, and he couldn't say anything more.

People from the same village also looked happy. During this period of time, He Zifeng was the first person who could help them.

The old mayor's son came driving a carriage, and the people who followed said: "Run back and tell my father that I will go to the county with Brother He." He has a filial nature, but he is afraid that his father will be too sad. The human body is getting worse day by day.

Since I have good news, tell him in advance, so that he can feel at ease.

The two of them immediately went to the county government office.

The yamen servants at the gate saw that He Zifeng had come back from the holiday, and said, "Brother He, why are you back again? Don't worry if you leave this to us!

" It doesn't work in the county. He has come to the county to do business before, and he knows that these yamen servants look down on people with their nostrils turned upside down.

Seeing them being so polite to He Zifeng now, I am also secretly surprised. He Zifeng has only been here for a short time, and his status is quite high.

He Zifeng nodded slightly, even if he had met them, he said, "I have something to do with the magistrate."

The yamen servant knew that He Zifeng was the right-hand man of the lord, and the lord couldn't do without him. Said: "The county magistrate is still in the yamen, but he is meeting with the boss of Yahang!"

He Zifeng said: "Oh, yes."

The son of the old mayor heard that the county magistrate had something to do, and his heart was half cold.

It is estimated that what they are asking for is far away. Who knew that He Zifeng told him to wait outside and went in alone.

The surrounding yamen servants didn't recognize the old mayor's son, but seeing that he was brought by He Zifeng, they treated him very politely. He also took the initiative to move a chair for him, but he couldn't sit still because he had something on his mind. After a while, the door opened and the boss of Yahang left. After a while, He Zifeng called him in. The county magistrate had something to ask.

I thought there was no play today.

He entered the house in fear.

The county magistrate asked them about the situation in the village again. Said: "Confused, merchants can't get up early without profit, they can buy it for five cents a catty, why don't you think about it?" The son of the

old mayor also regretted it and said: "It's all peasant style, I haven't seen it before. With so much money, I've lost my mind." Ever since they learned that there was a snowstorm this year, they were dumbfounded. The village head's dinner delayed the big event. After knowing that the people sold the life-saving food to the merchants, he wished to chop off two fingers to apologize to everyone, but was finally stopped.

From then on, the village head began to borrow food. But the people around are not rich, and knowing that this year's situation is special, I don't know how many times they have been shut down. As long as they talk about it, the village head will burst into tears.

The magistrate of the county knew the miserable state of their village through a few words, and it was too late to say anything now.

The food in the county is also limited, and it is even more difficult to get food in the countryside. I had no choice but to say: "Okay, let me get you 10,000 catties of grain first. If your village can still pay taxes in the past few years, but remember, this grain is lent to you. Next year's autumn harvest You have to pay it back."

When the old mayor's son heard that the county was willing to give him food, he immediately knelt down and kowtowed to the county magistrate.

There are more than one hundred families in their village. If the 10,000 catties are divided, each family can share about 80 catties of food, and save enough to eat for two months. After the most difficult two months, there may be a turning point.

The magistrate of the county wrote a chapter of the IOU and asked him to press his fingerprints on it. Then he went to open the granary with He Zifeng.

Since the snowstorm has caused a shortage of food everywhere, the granary has been working in two shifts day and night, and no one can open the granary without the county magistrate coming in person, for fear that someone will move the small mind here.

After opening the granary, several people helped move the grain to his carriage.

One car couldn't fit, so I found two more cars. He Zifeng didn't save much grain before, and he also took five hundred catties of grain to the old mayor, and he could divide it as he wanted.

The old mayor's son grabbed his hand excitedly, this is a life-saving grace!

The seven-foot boy had tears rolling in his eye sockets. His face started to crack after being frozen for a long time, and it hurt when the tears flowed across.

He Zifeng said: "You take the food away first, I don't have to return my food, you eat it first, if it is not enough, I will find a way." The son of the old

mayor said: "Thank you for your kindness, this time I keep it in my heart."

What he is most grateful for now is that his father introduced He Zifeng into the Yamen. If it weren't for He Zifeng, the loan business would never have gone so smoothly!

Once he got the food, he hurried back. The village is running out of water, and these grains are timely rain.

He Zifeng also went back with the third carriage, just let the carriage pass by their village and just throw him at the entrance of the village.

This time around, the sky gradually darkened.

When He Zifeng returned home, the kerosene lamp was lit, waiting for him to eat.

Usually at this time they have already finished eating.

"Daddy." Xiao Heran said.

He Zifeng touched his soft hair, went to the table and said: "Don't wait for me in the future, are you starving?"

Qiuyu said: "I just came out, not hungry at all."

Fang also added beside him with.

He Zifeng said: "Let's eat." Today Qiuyu cooked eight dishes, including a stewed chicken. The chicken is very tender, and there are potatoes in it. The soft and glutinous rice is just right for you to eat.

Everyone in the house ate it, and it was a warm one.

On a snowy day, it was pitch black outside. Every household in the village stays indoors, and those with good conditions even burn a kang, and there are almost no people outside. Especially since they live under the mountain, there is no shelter everywhere. If the door is opened here, all the heat that has been accumulated with great difficulty will be gone, and the former village head, Mr. Xu, even drank some warm wine.

Suddenly a sound was heard.

Said: "Listen, what's the matter?"

Xu Li's mother pricked up her ears to listen, and said: "There is no sound, you heard it wrong."

The voice just fell.

There was another knock on the door, and their yard was locked. Can't really hear it from a distance.

The children in the family are all married, and now there are only the old couple in the family. Some voices were heard, saying: "Don't come into the thief." I heard that other villages have started to sell children. Could it be that there are small thieves who want to steal things.

Father Xu drank some wine, reeked of alcohol and went out straight away, saying, "I want to see who is so bold?"

"Be careful."

Although Father Xu was reckless, he used to be the village chief after all, so he couldn't expose himself to danger directly and took out an ax for chopping wood. Don't go out on your waist, as soon as the door was opened, the wind and snow poured into the room: "Who is it?" He asked in a rough voice, annoyed.

Xu Li's mother at home was a little nervous. She had been out for a while, but she still didn't come back. Don't ask someone to hurt her.

She was wondering if she should go out and have a look.

The door opened suddenly, scaring her into a fright, and then she saw Father Xu coming back, followed by another!

She stretched her head to look back, she didn't know if she didn't look, and she was startled when she saw it. The person who came here was none other than their favorite youngest son, Xu Li. I don't know how long he walked in such a cold day. As soon as he entered the house, his body was covered with white gas.

There are still bruises on the face.

Xu Li called mother in a low voice.

Xu Li's mother burst into tears on the spot. Although she didn't know what happened, but he came back so late alone, something must have happened. He asked: "What's the matter?"

Xu Li is the youngest son of the two of them. Although he is a brother, he has been held in his hands since he was a child. Never seen him like this before.

Xu Li's mother said: "Why didn't Wan Hai come back? Did he encounter any danger on the way?" When

Xu Li mentioned this person, tears welled up in his eyes: "Mother, I want to make peace with Wan Hai."

Xu Li's mother said: "What's wrong, you can't say such things if you are good-looking. How can a young couple not touch their teeth with their tongues."

Father Xu was wronged at the Gong's house before, and he didn't even look down on Wan Hai. Above: "He's not a good guy either." He used to be very polite. Among the young people in the village, he is regarded as an outstanding one, who knows that it is getting worse and worse.

Seeing that Xu Li was crying all the time, Xu Li's mother pulled him to ask what was going on. As a result, when he pulled his hand, it was like ice.

Xu Li's mother said: "Get on the kang, let's talk about it when it's warm." When

Xu Li got on the kang, he was completely frozen, and when the heat came, his whole body seemed to be on fire.

Xu Li's mother complained that he was ruining his body, so she boiled him a cup of prickly ash and brown sugar water to warm him up.

Xu Lidao: "Wan Hai is not a human being." The two have three children and have a deep relationship, but since Wan Hai went to the Gong family, his mentality began to lose balance. He really had a difficult life. There are many Gong family members, including elders and servants, their identities are embarrassing. Although he lived in a rich family, his life was even more difficult than in the countryside.

Although Xu Li used to be the son of the village chief, he was not squeamish and could live a rich life as well as a poor one. It's just that Wan Hai is not happy, and has a problem with alcoholism.

Xu Li would get beaten as long as he persuaded him a little bit, and Wan Hai would apologize every time. He even slapped himself that he would definitely change it in the future. But after the snowstorm, the business stopped, and they lived together with the Gong family Jiantian, and they would be called countrymen for whatever they said, and Wan Hai got angry and took it out on him when he came back!

It was fine for Xu Li to be beaten, his old son was only three years old, younger than He Ran, just because he was annoyed by calling his father a few times, he slapped him with his hand and his ears bleed.

Xu Li couldn't take it anymore, even if he ate simple food, it was just such a day. He wanted to get back together and bring the child out by the way!

Father Xu scolded angrily: "You bastard, you still beat someone, I'm sure I won't open his head. How nice I said when I asked you to marry me, I'll treat you well for the rest of my life. Now."

Xu Li's mother also scolded and cried while hugging Xu Li. Thinking that his life in the county must be more comfortable than that in the village, how can he be so unhappy: "My poor son, it is not so easy to get away." When they entered Gong's house, it was impossible for them to reconcile without losing their skin.

Xu Lidao: "I want to beg He Zifeng. He is the deputy head arrester, and if he says a word, even the Gong family will pay three points."

Father Xu said: "This... oops!" All kinds of complications are in his throat. If I had known that He Zifeng was so promising, I wouldn't have made things so difficult for him back then. When the family was separated, Father Xu made a lot of trouble for him because he was the village head. How can I have the face to ask for it now? It's a mess, it's not easy to handle.

The author has something to say: Dear friends, there is only one update today. To express my apologies, a hundred red envelopes will be distributed below this chapter, and both updates will be normal tomorrow.