17| 𝖢𝗈𝗍𝗂𝗅𝗅𝗂𝗈𝗇

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

.

.

.

AS I WALK IN the first thing I was greeted with was Jack climbing up the wall, I walk up to him as I watch.

"Oh hey Vi check out the new peg board, it is a great upper body workout!" Jack exclaims as he hopes off of it.

"I would, but Rudy kinda assumed it was a sock dryer, his sweaty socks," I explain as Jack makes a disgusted face, "i knew these pegs smelled feetie!"

He places the pegs back in as he starts to climb up it again and I gulp nervously, "so Jack, uhm, you wanna hang out Saturday night?" I ask, crossing my fingers.

"Yea sure what do you wanna do?" He asks as my eyes sparkle not expecting him to say yes, "oh uh, I don't know, hey maybe we could swing by the riverside country club for the Swan school cotillion or something?" I say my voice getting higher as I get more nervous.

Jack falls to the floor making my eyes widen, "Jack are you ok?!" I ask worried as I kneel down next to him.

I grab his hand as I help him up, "yea! Yea I'm fine! But I am not going to any ball! I hate tuxedos, I can't dance, oh and one more thing, I am a dude!" He exclaims.

"Dudes don't do cotillions," he says, I raise an eyebrow giving him an, "are you so sure about that" face.

Milton and Jerry make their way over to us, "they probably don't have anything to do this Saturday!" Jack says pushing it to Milton and Jerry.

"Actually, we got roped into going to the swan court Cotillion," Milton sighs, "what really? You guys are going to the cotillion?" I ask as I glance at Jack and he just rolls his eyes.

"My moms making me take her boss's dorky daughter," Milton explains, "and I'm taking her dorkier friend," Jerry adds.

"Why are you going?" I ask, "oh cause Milton's giving me 60 bucks and letting me watch his turtles go at it," Jerry states.

"Oh Jack glad you up there, hang this old sock up there would ya?" Rudy asks, throwing his socks up towards Jack, hitting him in the face.

"Eww they're all wet!" Jack exclaims, "it's just a pair of socks dude man up!" Jerry yells only for a sock to fall in his mouth, making him scream for a second before dying it tastes kinda nice.

I shake my head at my friend's weirdness, sighing as I walk out the dojo.

As I stand next to Kim in the line to grab food when the line suddenly stops.

"Frank, what do you want?" Kim asks annoyed, "we just wanted to let you both know we haven't forgotten how you disrespected us when you walked out on the black dragons," Frank says.

"And what do I have to do with this?" I ask confused and just as annoyed as Kim, "we still are upset you chose them over us," Frank explains, I roll my eyes annoyed walking away.

"Were those your dates?" I ask as I see two girls leave, "sadly," Jerry says sighing. "I heard their laughs from across the cafeteria," I point out as they just play with their food.

I walk away and take a seat with Kim Jack following me, "hey Vi I snagged the last piece of red velvet cake for ya!" He says as he slides the piece over.

"Oh thanks Jack!" I thank as I took the cake, "so you're not mad about the cotillion still right?" He asks, sounding worried.

"Jack don't worry, I'm over the cotillion stuff," I reassured as I started eating the cake. "Hey Kim," a voice says, "Hey Vi!" A familiar voice says. Me and Kim turn to look. I see Luka and Brody.

"Oh sup bro-cha-cho!" Brody greets Jack as he takes a seat next to Kim. "Hi sorry about my brother, I'm Luka," Luka greets as he pulls a chair up next to me.

"I'm sorry, who are you two and what's a bro-cha-cho?" Jack asks.

"Oh these are our dates to the cotillion, Vivian was looking for one and so Brody said Luka would love to," Kim explains.

"Even though he hasn't been here long we've gotten really close!" I exclaim not thinking much about my words.

"So uhm, Luka you're taking a Vi to the cotillion?" Jack asks, "yea I really like dancing though I'm not good with dressing up, but Vivian offered to help so I'm really happy to bond with my favorite lady," Luka responds smiling towards me.

"You've been here for three seconds. How is she your favorite lady?" Jack asks confused and on guard, I was confused why he seemed so upset.

I brush it off quickly, "I don't mind being his favorite lady," I grin at Luka and he smiles back, Jack just rolls his eyes.

Back at the Dojo me and Luka were practicing ballroom dancing until Jack walks in.

Jacks pov  (surprise)

"Woah woah what's going on in here?" I ask as I see Vi and the boy Luka dancing. "Oh, we're just practicing dancing for the cotillion," she answers with a gentle smile.

"Yea not in here you're not, this is a dojo, bro-cha-cho!" I retort more towards Luka then Vivian

"Uhm that was my brother's thing not mine," Luka explains awkwardly, before they go to walk off.

I quickly drop my bags and hurry up to Luka, "Have you ever been to a karate dojo Luka?" I ask, "actually this is my first time in a dojo," Luka answers suddenly Vivian's phone rings.

"Oh that's Kim, she is taking me dress shopping, I gotta go, see you tomorrow Luka, bye Jack!" She yells as she runs out of the dojo.

"Excuse me, I'm gonna get to work," I announce as I walk over to the board that was set up, I pull my arm back and punch, breaking the three boards.

"Wow! Three boards, I don't know anything about karate but that's pretty impressive!" Luka exclaims giving me praise.

"Yup that's how I roll, I'm gonna go change," I say before walking to the changing rooms, I stop on my way there realizing I forgot my clothes. As I head back I see Luka where I was standing earlier breaking some boards before bowing.

He makes his way out and I run up to the boards, there were four new ones broken, "don't know anything about karate huh?" I say to myself.

"You know that guy Luka? Well he's a liar, he said he didn't know anything about karate but when he thought no one was looking he broke four boards!" I exclaim as I sit with the guys.

"Maybe they were Jerry boards," Milton pointed out, "what's a Jerry board?" I ask, confused, Jerry smiles before responding, "I pre-cut them to impress the ladies, they snap like sticks, just a little trick I learned from poser magazine."

"There's just something I don't trust about this guy," I sigh, suddenly a familiar girl walks up to us with flowers.

"Yea think this is my time to leave," I snicker before walking away from the table.

As I leave I see Vivian eating with Luka, Brody and Kim, I feel my heart squeeze.

She's my bunny, she was supposed to be my princess, but I was too much of a wuss, I gotta find a way to make it up to her.

Maybe....should I finally confess to her?