A Masked Game

For almost ten years Paris has been peaceful. No villains. No heroes. No hate. But, as we all know, peace never lasts forever and as a new threat takes over the city of love, there's a change in the game and this time death is permanent.

Adrien has been living full of hope after the worst years of his life. He's free. He's settled. But most importantly, he's in love. After years of trying to find his calling everything came together the day he married his wife, or so he thought.

Marinette still craved the companionship of her partner. It had been a decade since she'd seen him; the dull ache in her heart constantly asking what had happened to her partner. If only she had the opportunity to speak to him one more time.

The chance for a reconnection appears when Paris' heroes are needed again and as feelings begin to resurface so does the hate, love and lies.

Ladybug and Chat Noir will need to find a new dynamic to make this work, saving not only their friends but also themselves, leaving Adrien and Marinette to risk everything in a need to survive.

•••••

Welcome to my Ladynoir July fic for this year. As a change, I have also incorporated Ladrien June into the chapters aswell.

A few notes about this fic before it begins:

Everything in canon has happened.

Adrien and Marinette are 17-18 years old, during the Ladrien parts (set after the end of season 5) and 27 years old during the Ladynoir sections.

There are a couple of chapters which have a trigger warning at the beginning — due to graphic descriptions of injuries (there are also minor character deaths).

Please remember the characters are aged up by 10 years and each character has been through A LOT during that time. Keep that at the forefront of your mind as you read — they will not be acting the same as their 14 year old selves.

Though the love square is still involved; the fic takes on more of a crime/thriller storyline than romcom (think of 'The Honey Trap' without the laughs).

Any questions etc about the fic please post in my conversations and I'll try and respond to all as we go through.

The first chapter (prologue) will be posted on 30th June.

Thank you to those who have created Ladrien June and Ladynoir July, it's great to be part of these fantastic months

Also a HUGE thank you to my beta (Choppa01) I honestly couldn't have done this without you. You've been a great support not only for correcting mistakes for bouncing around ideas too.

Then a huge shoutout to my alpha readers; Lory, Vera, Rose and Giulia for sharing feedback on chapters and the story overall.

I will also be sharing some artwork from Vera along the way. (My fics aren't complete without her wonderful talent).

I hope you all enjoy 🐞🐈‍⬛