Chapter Seven

Thought's eyes wandered about the room. It was a small, but nice place: There was a balcony that overlooked the small farms, a couple cracked windows, some ragged carpets on thick dark planks, that made up the whole house, and a few old green furniture. There was also one door that led off to what she could guess was their bedroom.

  Her attention was brought back to the lighter colored table they sat at. Wisp played with a flower that Thought could only guess Rustic had found. Now that they were inside, the pair didn't seem to hear the grumble outside.

  They had been sitting down at the table for awhile now. There were a couple cookies for each of them, but she wasn't that hungry. A few hours had passed— but how could she know that they weren't in danger? How could she trust these people that just snatched them in?

  'What if they work with the royalty and these round, slightly burnt, pieces of dough are drugged?' She thought while staring at the older couple.

  "Is everything alright?" The man that had shoveled them all through that dirty window asked.

  "Oh, everything's alright!" Atlanta grinned in response.

  Thought ignored his question for a minute, 'If we had only kept moving for a few more minutes, I could've found us somewhere safer to stay. I could've found one of the people who are on our side, and won't turn us in.'

  "I love these things," Rustic mumbled as he shoved another cookie into his mouth, "How'd you make 'em?"

  "Oh erm, I'm not the best at cooking," That old man answered, "My wife, Acacia, bakes and cooks everything we have," He nodded to her. This "Acacia" was busy talking to Atlanta.

  "Ah, I forgot to introduce myself," Thought didn't really care for what his name was, "I'm Aspen,"

  "What are your younglings' names?" Aspen asked.

"I'm Rustic!" Wisp said with a bright smile.

  "Oh, I'm Wis— Wait, I'm Rustic your Wisp," Rustic blinked at Wisp with a slightly confused look.

  "No,"

  "Yes,"

  "No."

  "Yes— You're Wisp," Rustic laughed.

  Thought stood up. Everything just irritated her today. "That one, my sister, is Wisp," She pointed at her little sister.

  "That other one is Rustic," She waved her hand at the boy dismissively before sitting back down.

  "Ji-ho." Ji-ho replied plainly.

  The two nodded, then Aspen spoke up again, "Cute names, what about yours?" He turned to Thought.

  Thought blinked at him. She wasn't just going to tell her name to some random old man. She had just met him!

  Edge spoke up for Thought, "I'm Edge. Ignore her; she has anger issues,"

  "Anger issues?" Thought growled to Edge.

  "Mhm. Either that or you're just rude to literally everyone you meet," Edge added with a slight snap in her tone.

  "Er— Well it's nice to meet you, Edge," Aspen spoke up as Thought opened her mouth.

"I'm— I'm Sayuri," Sayuri said nervously, probably because she believed the entire Leaf Tribe knew about her and Sparrow.

  "Sayuri?" He fixed his glasses; Aspen blinked at Acacia in disbelieve. Slight disgust crossed him, "I've heard so much about you and— Never mind." Aspen turned away from her.