Chapter Thirty One

(Some time later...)

"Sayuri?" Wisp yelped.

The familiar walls of the two elderly villagers' home surrounded her. There were cookies laid out on the table. Yet, they were no where to be seen.

She darted up to her and Atlanta. "Oh, I'm so sorry— I'm really sorry. Please forgive me," Wisp whimpered.

"It's okay. It's not your fault." Sayuri smiled... a little.

"A— are you sure? We thought you were dea—" She continued, but Thought grabbed her hand.

"We were really worried; that's what she meant." Edge explained quickly. Drought stood alarmingly close to her. Something had changed between them.

Sayuri suddenly dropped her gaze. She stayed silent.

"Sayuri, is everything alright?" Rustic chirped; a bit too much like Oiseau.

"Oh, yeah, everything is alright..." Sayuri murmured.

"Are you sure? You don't seem alright," His green eyes searched hers.

"I'm alright." Sayuri repeated. She tried to sound alright.

Rustic opened his mouth to continue, but Thought interrupted the boy. He settled for a small nod instead.

"Where were— What happened? Tell me all of it," She demanded in an angry tone.

Sayuri paused for a moment. She recalled all of the memories. She told them about the dinner, Sparrow, the rest of the Leaf Tribe royals, Oiseau and his sisters, the marriage, and her imprisonment. However, she skipped Oiseau's death-part.

"Whoa..." The two younger ones murmured together.

"I hate those royals..." Thought growled.

This time, Drought nodded with her. Probably more for the Sparrow-part than the rest of it. Still, Sparrow was unlikable, and his sister looked up to him...

Edge placed her hand lightly on her shoulder. She took a deep breath, before Thought shrugged it off.

"Well, where is Oiseau?" Wisp asked bluntly.

"Oiseau... is somewhere else." Sayuri said as she fumbled with her hair.

"Hm..." She mumbled.

"Why don't we... Not bother Sayuri with all of these questions?" Edge looked over Rustic, Wisp, and her older sister, Thought. She acted mother-like to them at the moment.

"Yeah! Let's just celebrate Sayuri's return!" Atlanta added in, quite optimistically.

"Alright." Wisp nodded. She pushed her shoulders back, and stared Atlanta dead in the eyes. She ignored her other question. "Do you know where he is?"

Somehow she thought that Atlanta must know something. Well, she probably did. Atlanta was, like, Sayuri's best friend. Or more.

  "He? Oh, Oiseau. Erm, I think he's in a tunnel." Atlanta looked like —and sounded like— she was lost in her own thoughts. It didn't look like she was paying any attention to the group's conversation.

"A tunnel?" Her eyes were wide.

She only nodded.

"Wait— What tunnel?" Thought chimed in. Even Edge looked a little curious. As did Drought, although, as usual, he kept quiet.

"A tunnel leading towards somewhere in the Leaf Tribe palace— At least I think so." Atlanta murmured.

"Okay... Never mind, maybe I don't really want to know." Wisp said, but mainly to herself.

"Uh..." Rustic mumbled awkwardly, "Was it fun?" No answer.

"So are you saying that the six-year-old died in the tunnel?" Ji-ho asked Atlanta.

"Wait— What?" Drought blurted suddenly, "Excuse me, but what?"

"I think that Oiseau died in the tunnel." Ji-ho enunciated his words slowly, wanting to clearly state his thought.

"Who even is Oiseau?" Rustic was snapped out of a daze.

"Oiseau is— Or was Sayuri's number one servant." Ji-ho sighed. "She told us a few moments ago."

Ji-ho sighed. He was slightly annoyed.

"Do you know who this Oiseau-guy is?" Rustic nudged Wisp and loud-whispered into her ear.

"I dunno. Some six-year-old servant I guess," She replied back in another loud-whisper.

Drought smiled gently at the two. He nudged them to the side. Death probably wouldn't be the best topic for two kids, who had only just became double-digits.

Thought growled at him for nudging them, and he replied: "Just shut up. You still act their age."

That was enough to shut her up. Thank the gods.

"Anyways," Drought continued.

Drought put on a calm expression again. He acted like that never happened— That he may or may not get punched in the face, like Edge's new friend, Ji-ho. Thought was just —Awesome— with others!

His face turned slightly serious once Wisp and Rustic were most likely out or earshot. "Is that boy really dead?"

"I'm not sure. I only said what I thought was true." Ji-ho shrugged. He turned to look at Sayuri and Atlanta.

"Those two probably know about Oiseau's status."

Drought turned his attention back to the two girls. Edge peered lazily at them. Across the room, Thought still seemed to be mortified over Drought's retort.

"So...?" Edge swayed her hand which wasn't holding up her chin on the table.

"Oiseau... died." Sayuri spluttered out, shakily.

Edge sat up straight. She didn't even know this boy, and yet she still felt bad. Next to her, right next to her, Drought's gaze dropped down. He probably already knew that this boy was dead the minute Ji-ho had said so, and so did Edge.
Little kids were such innocent creatures though...

"Oh..." One of them murmured.

Across from them, Thought's gaze hardened. "So you just left him there?"

"Thought!" Edge scowled.

"What?! What could Sayuri even do?! The tunnel was collapsing! She barely made it out without breaking anything! Give her a break! Sayuri was just stuck with Sparrow for two months—and we all know how horrible he is! And—" Atlanta snapped in a rant. Then she gasped, and covered her mouth with her hand.

Everyone stared at her. Atlanta snapped. Atlanta... The girl who was always happy. How— Why did she just snap? Confusion and a bit of fear lingered around in the air. Mainly the fear from Thought.

"Oh... Uh— Sorry," Thought mumbled quickly. She ducked her head, and blinked at the ground.

"Well that's not like either of them at all..." Edge whispered to herself.

Then, the attention was snatched back to their hosts' door. Anger and frustration flared around them. Wisp chased Rustic around. They bumped into Acacia. She held some sort of bottle.

The two, especially Acacia, weren't happy.

——

We thought this would be a nice transition back; not too chaotic, but not too plain

2 months can really change things up too

No one's POV really this chapter :P

Also, I know it's not a lot, but thank you all so much for the votes, reads, and comments on both of our copies of this!

As always, you already know what I'm about to say, but have an amazing rest of your day/ night!!

-Echoooooo!!