Chapter 10 ❀ WITCH

=====❀=====

=====❀=====

Author

Kingdom Baekje

"Who are you?" King Sejong yelled, tightening the grip on his sword on his waist. Seeing to act like that, Queen Hana laughed a bit at his actions.

"Dear-" Queen stepped forward while King stepped back, pulling his sword out from his side, and quickly pointing near Hana's side neck. Both of their feet stopped, as they looked into each other's orbs.

His sudden actions made surrounding all black, feeling tensed all around. The cold wind blew inside the room, flowing the white curtains in the air. The pattering sound of rain, the dark heavy clouds filling up in the sky and the two figures standing across, facing each other, filled up the more tension and blackness all around.

The dim light of the sun through the clouds, still crosses those white curtains, entering into the room.

"What are you doing, dear?" Fearing from the sword, she moved back from him while King Sejong pointed the sword closer to her neck, stopping her steps and gesturing her to stop where she was at.

"You are not my Hana." Decreasing the distance by sword between Hana's neck, his voice sternly echoed in the room.

"Who.are.you?" Coldly, he asked.

"I am your Hana, your wife, your queen." Seeing him reacting to this, tears formed in her eyes. She cried.

She begged but the King didn't listen to him. He was on the nerves, all red with the most angry look in his eyes. He was different and so was Hana.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She begged him.

"No. You're not Hana." Pulling her wrist, he turned her around and pinned her against him, placing the sword on her neck.

"Tell me, where is she?" Hana slid her eyes down to the sword on her neck, where tears eventually fell on that sword making it all watery.

"How many times do I have to tell you." She was scared, "I am your Hana."

King Sejong couldn't control himself. Pushing her harshly, he moved his hand up in the air, to strike his sword on her. But his hands suddenly stopped, unable to move. He couldn't control his hands. He didn't know what was happening. His hands were froze.

When King looked up at Hana, she transformed into a different unknown figure.

White shiny long straight hair down to her knees, feline black eyes, skin as cold and white as winter's moon, making her look like a witch when she smiled. The all white attire, the sharp nails which can tear any skin, she was a fantasy. Her skin gleamed even under the dim sunlight, with some golden spots of light on her pale skin of sunlight. Even her breath appears the white tints around her nose.

Her right hand was controlling King's hands which were froze. She was in the air without any support, flying up from the earth.

King's eyes widened as he saw her. He tried to take his hand back but couldn't. His hands were all in control of that woman. Helpless, unstable and unexpected.

"Oh, dear...That's so sad. I am not your Hana.... I am Sumi." Her voice was raspy, uncomfortable. It irritated the King. She moved her left hand to choke his neck, gripping hard on him. And King Sejong couldn't breathe, couldn't move himself from her.

Even if he touched her hands, it shivered him and could turn into an ice because she was that cold. She was the whole ice herself, which can turn anything into ice if someone tries to touch her.

"Wh-Where is s-she?" King tried to speak but couldn't as she was making it hard to say. Gripping harder and harder, she pulled him towards her. Up from the ground in the air, the king flew towards her into the air as she let her fingers call him near to her.

King's legs shook in the air, finding the floor. But the helpless man, couldn't do anything. Purplish colour painted on his face, as she choked his neck harder. He was shaking, hands, legs, his whole body was shaking.

He still didn't gave up, still manage to breathe, even if he didn't felt the air around him. Her hands slowly moved upwards, gripping his neck bone.

"She is where...you couldn't reach." The cold voice entered the King's ears. He felt like the whole winter in front of him when he was closer. His arms turned into ice, when he glanced to his side. He was trapped. His whole body was not responding him. Slowly and slowly, the ice crystals were gathering up to his arms, to his shoulders and down to his legs. He was turning into a giant ice.

"I can spare your life....only if....you give your precious daughter to me. That's all... I ask for." She was near to him, whispering in his ear, but her voice was loud enough to echoed in the hall.
Her hairs touched the King's skin, leaving the snowflakes on it. That little snowflakes flew around the King as he saw moving around his face.

He realised she was her.

"N-Not ev-even in y-your d-dreams." King spoke, hearing about her daughter. Anger flew up to his mind. He couldn't imagine his daughter being in her hands. He wanted to save her, push her far away from those hands.

Being in this situation, he still think, he can save her.

Sumi didn't react to this, but laughed seeing his courage, his defence.

Meanwhile, Ari's eye widened watching this. She was standing before the gate of Queen's room which was slightly open but wide enough to watch. Tears fell down from her cheeks when she saw King struggling himself and defending her. She was wise enough for now, as she was all silent, didn't let the sound reach Sumi.

She heard Sumi's words for Tia, of wanting her. She began to shake, thinking about her if she was in her hands. Without wasting any second and seeing Tia in her mind, she quickly ran to Tia's room.

Ari

No. This is not happening. I can't let it happen. I have to save Princess. I have to save Tia. I have to save my best friend.

Sumi gave her poison. She was the one. I will kill her. I can't let her live, after seeing what she did. But, now Princess needs to be saved.

Author

Hurrying, she ran in the corridor. The soldiers and other people saw her running. Many maids stopped her to ask but she pushed them away, only making herself run and save Tia.

The only thing which was in her mind was to save Princess.

Reaching her room, she opened the door of her room, just then, the scream of Sumi roamed around in the whole palace, shaking all the walls of the palace.

Ari breath heavily hearing that sound. She turned around in fear to see where the voice came from, but the dark black sky was the only thing, she witnessed.

"What's happening, Ari?" Tia woke up hearing that sound. Unconsciously, she still managed to wake up and get up from her bed.

"Princess, we need to move out. Now!" Ari held Tia's waist and shoulders to make her stand but she felt all dizzy, falling down.

"What?" Tia mumbled unable to open her eyes but she could hear her voice, near her. She was unstable at the moment.

Ari picked her up, giving her a piggyback ride. They both moved out of the room, watching twice in the hallway. There was no one, way clear. Ari looked back on her shoulder, where Tia was resting her head, mumbling something.

"Where do you think....you're going?"

=====❀=====

[ 1292 words ]